What Are Desirable Qualities For Condo In Bkk?

Hi all,

I am wondering what qualities/attributes are desirable for a condo in Bangkok?

For example, in Western Europe a south facing balcony is desirable. Windows from floor to ceiling are a plus. A higher floor is better than a lower one. A corner unit is better than in-between.

With the heat and humidity I would think that other rules apply in TH. What are the ins and outs?????

Thanks!

LN

"I am wondering what qualities/attributes are desirable for a condo in Bangkok?"

Perplexed, here. If this condo is for you, don't you know what you want in a condo?

Quite simple: I do not want to make a costly mistake due to lack of knowledge. What applies in the west might not apply in the east. For example, large window panes let in a lot of heat and raise AC bills etc.

LN

"I am wondering what qualities/attributes are desirable for a condo in Bangkok?"

Perplexed, here. If this condo is for you, don't you know what you want in a condo?

Quite simple: I do not want to make a costly mistake due to lack of knowledge. What applies in the west might not apply in the east. For example, large window panes let in a lot of heat and raise AC bills etc.

LN

Large glass sections are not an evil in themselves. Problems only arise when they are designed following those in the West.

Curtain walls are not appropriate in Bangkok's heat and pollution. Developers will try using single glazed to save cost, and end users will clean them only 2-3 times a year due to expensive charges of window cleaners.

Framed floor to ceiling glass sections frequently leaks during rain with heavy winds, and it is quite common to see those L-section fixed glass at corners of condo buildings that cannot be cleaned from the inside.

LN

Large glass sections are not an evil in themselves. Problems only arise when they are designed following those in the West.

Curtain walls are not appropriate in Bangkok's heat and pollution. Developers will try using single glazed to save cost, and end users will clean them only 2-3 times a year due to expensive charges of window cleaners.

Framed floor to ceiling glass sections frequently leaks during rain with heavy winds, and it is quite common to see those L-section fixed glass at corners of condo buildings that cannot be cleaned from the inside.

hi and welcome, i was always told there are no stupid questions,i have lived here from NYC and Munich in Bkk, since I am a city guy, like the Bts and MRT, so for me, location, location, location is the most important, and on a fixed retirement income and being disabled I need to have a place that has it all.

I have been renting since I still have not found everything I want on my budget but important to me are proximity to the transportation hubs and that means really close. Close to Supermarket, and in building gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam, and garden so I don't have to go out at times of bad outside conditions. I also have been looking for security guards that are helpful and are alert. Juristic dept. that can have some English speaking people answer the phone. I have suffered with owners being allowed to rent out their apartments by the day.

Making condo like a short time hotel most of the time. Security not telling these short time people the rules in the building that are posted should be followed, for instance, no smoking and eating by the pool, showering before entering the pool, and not allowing the kids to use the jacuzzi as a hawng nam etc. If the building I am in now had some of these attributes I would have bought a long time ago, but they have not.

Also I see when they want to save money the owners that do not live here want to cut expenses so they kept the pool and jacuzzi off til 4pm, they recently turned every other light bulb off throughout the building. Short time tenants were throwing trash in the trash room floor rather than in the bins.

The walls in the apartments were very thin and could hear everything in the next apartments. So I would say solid construction of the walls are important as well.

Ok enough from me

hope you have good luck on your decision and if anyone knows of a place that has these attributes for a one bedroom under 6 million baht, please let me know on my account. Sincerely.

A price below the end of 3rd quarter price index of $2,495US per square meter.

I have invited offers a couple months back at US$1,970/m2 in prakard.com for The Emporio and Millennium.

Need only to wait another few quarters to see offers coming in.

A price below the end of 3rd quarter price index of $2,495US per square meter.

I have invited offers a couple months back at US$1,970/m2 in prakard.com for The Emporio and Millennium.

Need only to wait another few quarters to see offers coming in.

There are a few companies who track these figures who insist the number at the end of the current quarter will reflect a drop and that the 3rd quarter figure $2,495 is way too high. I do not have an opinion other than I expect the number to drop below $2,000 soon and with the drop in demand who knows how low it will actually go?