Shipping Service Near Thonglor?

girlx

I am coming back to Bangkok for a few days to get my stuff out of the Bangkok Self Storage place there, and I am hoping to ship a couple of boxes of my stuff back to NY. I am trying to figure out the logistics of this- I will probably need to pack my stuff and call a taxi, and have them take me to the nearest place to ship. I prefer UPS or EMS as my mail man in NY sucks so I never receive anything that goes through regular mail. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know the address of a shipping place near Thonglor that I can go to? Thanks

Can you estimate the volume (in m3) and weight (in kg) of your stuff? Don't forget that EMS only post up to 20kg per box, and each box costs 8300 baht. You may be better going through a forward company to airmail your stuff altogether instead of the big name couriers direct.

Can you estimate the volume (in m3) and weight (in kg) of your stuff? Don't forget that EMS only post up to 20kg per box, and each box costs 8300 baht. You may be better going through a forward company to airmail your stuff altogether instead of the big name couriers direct.

Exactly. Or even by sea if it's likely to exceed 50kg.

Edited by Nordlys

Thonglor is in Khet Wattana isn't it?

If so there's a post office in soi 71, see below (Khlongtan branch, or Praisanee Khlongtan).

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/search_addre...zip_code=400769

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/MapPost/1011...0116_frames.htm

Or ask for the nearest Praisanee to the cab driver.

As for UPS just look up their website.

• 4 weeks later...

Thai Post office is a rip-off for anything over 2Kgs.

Better off with a shipping company. They all do air-freight which will take 6/7 days or Fed-Ex or UPS which will be quicker.

50Kgs will cost you 18,000thb or even more through the post office with no paperwork or customs clearance included, whereas a reliable shipping company will get it door to door for less than 10,000thb with all paperwork included.