Aaaargggg It Looks Like Coyle Will Go To Bolton

alant

I guess I don't blame the bloke for looking favourably on a move to his club as a player, I am sure he has some genuine connection with the club. The desire for more money must also be true, it can't be easy trying to survive in a small club environment amongst the big fish of the premiership without the temptation of irresponsible spending on the never never.

All that apart, if Own Coyle goes it will be a huge loss, he has been an inspiration to both the club and the fans :)

can we survive a change of manager?

i think this could really stuff your season alan, sorry. with coyle and the fans' belief in him you've a chance of staying up. him gone and who knows in to replace him and the job gets a lot harder. shame really as it doesn't seem like that much of a step up for a man who turned down the celtic job in the summer.

i think you are right about the possible effects on the season, even if he decides to stay the uncertainty could have a serious adverse effect unless of course as a part of the deal he gets a wadge of money to spend in the current transfer window.

i am thinking of starting a collection right now :) well i have to keep the chin up!

cheers

stevie

Things could always be worse. Taksin could be looking to invest

or american sports franchise 'billionaires'. :D

Exactly, the one and only topic LP and MU fans/supporters agree on :)

not certain it's the only one. what about 'michael owen is crap and finished'?

or american sports franchise 'billionaires'. :D

Exactly, the one and only topic LP and MU fans/supporters agree on :)

not certain it's the only one. what about 'michael owen is crap and finished'?

Well, not yet Stevie, he got a reprieve with the 104th minute goal against the bitters.

just thought, hasnt he changed his name, his passport, his nationality?

who would know?

perhaps it would be a good option, do you think he would go for it? :):D

first the manager looks like leaving, then the chat moves to LP and MU, not a good day :)

sorry man, well off topic. who's your preferred choice to replace coyle?

seriously i have no idea, hoping my thoery of this being a plot to gee everyone at burnley up, you know more money more effort from the players more fans etc.

ok bolton have more cash and a flashy stadium next to the m6 with a hotel attached but i bet you cant get a holands pie and peas at half time :D

so far no news is good news but if it comes to the worse we need an inspirational manger who is cheap and has no connections to b* rovers whatsoever.

cheers siggie2

hey stevie, how about warnock?

what, neil? i cannot stand the man alan, he's an utter gobshite and no way a top flight manager. although the nickname given to him by referees, 'colin', is quite funny.

I believe Megson hasn't sorted anything out yet :)

i think the same is true about big sam isnt it?

dont think we would attract curbishly unfortunatly

Sam's doing his normal solid Job at Blackburn, can see him being there for the rest of his Managerial days..

Can't really think of too much else Al, maybe a decent young Manager but that would be a gamble i reckon, Di Matteo for instance maybe or would he see as too much of a gamble to leave WBA for Burnley ??

i think this could really stuff your season alan, sorry. with coyle and the fans' belief in him you've a chance of staying up. him gone and who knows in to replace him and the job gets a lot harder. shame really as it doesn't seem like that much of a step up for a man who turned down the celtic job in the summer.

I agree. It's baffling, although maybe he feels Burnley are less likely to stay up, even with him there, than Bolton.

I believe Megson hasn't sorted anything out yet :D

i think the same is true about big sam isnt it?

dont think we would attract curbishly unfortunatly

Sam's doing his normal solid Job at Blackburn, can see him being there for the rest of his Managerial days..

Can't really think of too much else Al, maybe a decent young Manager but that would be a gamble i reckon, Di Matteo for instance maybe or would he see as too much of a gamble to leave WBA for Burnley ??

Blackburn, rest my case :D

the burnley board seem to think it is a very attractive job but i think it is a tough act to follow, oh well :)

what you really need now is an experienced old head to steady the ship and fight the relegation fight, someone like roy hodgson would be ideal. not sure that the burnley job is going to be that attractive to many though unfortunately through a combination of funds and geography.

I would not rule out Hughes, unless he feels there may be a chance coming up at Liverpool all the other top jobs look pretty secure.

At the end of the day it's a job back in the prem...and I just can't see too many coming up with the top teams.

BTW..I remember Owen Coyle only to well as I was standing behind the goal when he scored what turned out to be Bolton's winner in the '95 Play-off final against Reading