Will The Growth Of Invasive Advertising Never End ?

torrenova

The voice of one of the henchwomen states that

ThaiVisa costs money to run. Servers cost money. If all it costs you is to look at an advertisement from time to time, then I really have no idea what your problem is.

Topic closed

but I would like to know where it ends. This board was once a forum with some advertising but I feel it is in danger of being a mismatch of competing adverts with a forum hiding in the middle somewhere.

If the attitude of those who have the power of censorship is just to bleat a mantra backing ever growing and increasingly invasive advertising, then I want to know. The principle of personal thought and not just beating the ringmaster's drum is long established.

Please give us a little more credibility and respect and answer my question. The members are the resource whose presence fills George's pockets and pays those pesky bills which need the adverts some feel so strongly supportive of.

Please do not try to make out that the advert income somehow just covers the costs. We are not that gullible.

Where does it end ?

All your recent posts that i have read torrenova seem bent on attacking this forum for which you are a long-standing and well established member. If you've got a gripe, fair enough, but the way you are going about raising your issues will only lead to one outcome - you know what that is right?

at least commuication why is needed not just dissmissing us.

I don't quite follow, do you ask every company you deal with why they charge the price they do? The answer is quite obvious don't you think?

Why would anyone want to have a company that doesn't make a profit?

And which ads have been added that sparks this new fire, I don't see any changes.

And which ads have been added that sparks this new fire, I don't see any changes.

Obviously you have not been around long enough (since 2003) to have seen the changes since then.

TV has gone from very good to okay to reasonable to overkill as far as ads are concerned.

opalhort

TV has gone from very good to okay to reasonable to overkill as far as ads are concerned.

You think that might be proportional to the amount of traffic this site gets? I mean the server + maintenance costs in 2003 were probably peanuts compared to today.

Also isn't this how it's going with pretty much all websites, I see ads everywhere I go on the net.

Mind you I'm not arguing that TV does not have many ads, I just don't see it as anything out of the ordinary compared to all other websites.