Thai Immigration Says I'm Not Here -but I Am

Thai immigration stamped my passport as arriving AND departing on the same day - I just noticed. But, I'm still here. Just a bit worried because somehow I think it will be ME that pays for their mistake.

I'm in the south of Thailand and have been offered an ED visa but we are all worried I'll have problems leaving the country - since I'm not really here. :D

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

Get it sorted out by immigration before you try to leave the country, sooner the better. Sure you are reading the stamps correctly? When and where did this take place, Bangkok Airport?

In Phuket. Came in by boat. Every other port prior to Thailand immigration stamped passports for arrival when we got in and out when we were leaving. Can't believe the Thais were lazy and stamped all at the same time early in the morning. Sure others that got off here in same boat (bad pun), but haven't had any contact as I imagine they left shortly after arrival. People say I will have to pay 500b a day - but how can I if I haven't overstayed because I'm not really here.

Get it sorted out by immigration before you try to leave the country, sooner the better. Sure you are reading the stamps correctly? When and where did this take place, Bangkok Airport?

In Phuket. Came in by boat. Every other port prior to Thailand immigration stamped passports for arrival when we got in and out when we were leaving. Can't believe the Thais were lazy and stamped all at the same time early in the morning. Sure others that got off here in same boat (bad pun), but haven't had any contact as I imagine they left shortly after arrival. People say I will have to pay 500b a day - but how can I if I haven't overstayed because I'm not really here.

It's just the ways of administrivia that sometimes we get to pay for the bungles of other people who have the resources to cover their mistakes to save their precious salaries. It's the way of the developed computerised world. If worst comes to worst, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Hopefully someone will acknowledge the mistake and you'll be fine, but don't count on it for they are the ones with the power to change things however they feel like, and we get to live with it. Be nice.

Do you have a Departure Card stapled in your passport? Did immigration even give you one when you arrived by boat?

Hi - no card stapled in my passport; doubt they were given especially since they stamped everyone out at the same time. But don't I need a VISA? People who live here (at the gym) say that immigration doesn't give visas, only the embassy does. I guess I will front up at Phuket town immigration, but it's pretty scary.

I'm guessing that the other tourists were just coming ashore for a quick visit then off to other ports of call. I think this shortcut taken by Immigration is going to cause you a problem since it would seem you were the odd man out and you stayed behind.

chomphoo, the arrival stamp is rectangular, has two dates stamped on it, and looks like this:

gallery_21260_1006_6020.jpg

The departure stamp is rectangular, has one date stamped on it, and looks like this:

gallery_21260_1006_16225.jpg

Is it these two stamps you have in your passport? What dates are on each of these stamps?

--

Maestro