Senator Urges Curbs On Full Moon Parties

george

too many farangs kissing in Public ... what about the hoards or Thai whores and Ladyboys acting a lot worse in Koh Phangan .... that place gets such a bad wrap all the time .. but if you actually spent time away from the full moon its one of the better island out there ,.,,...

This Lack of Logic is just getting worse and worse by the day and i keep saying to myself it can get much worse than this .... and then poof .. another comment of stupidity

Buddhist images on sarongs .... who makes these sarongs and who is selling them .... probably the Farangs fault again in some way .... buls..t

Investigatins should rather go into the copius amount of Monks spotted at Phantip PLaza buying goods ..... where is teh money coming from and isnt this against there relegion ...

FMP has nothing to do with the sex industry yet is a target of this woman who obviously has nothing to do in her own province. Rather, she must travel to other provinces and tell them how to live. Sad, really. There was an article in the bkk post the other day where the Tourism minister says that the FMP will not be cancelled regardless of what this woman has to say.

The FMP is in Haadrin, which has never been a local village (years before tourism only a very few families lived there, other parts of the island were always more heavily populated than Hadrin), and has (other than economic) very little impact on the locals outside of Hadrin.

Besides, since when is kissing in public illegal?? or even immoral?? and what happened to her claims of sex on the beach? Guess she didn't actually have any proof to jump on her high horse with so has to come up with something else. The bkk post article said the sarongs and such with Buddhist figures were for sale in Samui not Phangan, so where does that leave her now?

BANGKOK: -- A number of senators yesterday called on law enforcement agencies to rein in rave parties held every full moon on Surat Thani’s Koh Pha-ngan.

“Many foreign visitors have displayed inappropriate behaviour and acted in disregard of local customs,” Senator Rabiabrat Pongpanit said.

I notice there is no mention of the blatant disregard of local customs shown by farang women sunbathing topless at every beach in the kingdom. Better to focus the moral outrage on the place frequented by hippies and other riff-raff rather than the high-rent tourists.

I think this woman needs to get laid.... jeez ... how crazy is this ..

its even funnier than the sign at the singpore airport no pets ... no skateboards... no smoking ... NO STUDYING .... what ????

would love to see a no nose picking and zir squeezing in public places ...

same as fashion hib of ASIA ... load of average fashion shows and nothing for the fashion visitors and tourists to do when they get here ..

closing times 1am ... i heard they thinking of changing it ... bet it would only effect the regions where the thais go and keep the tourists at Bay .... silly silly silly

why not just have clubs open to 3am on a weekend ... thats enough time for people to go out and go home .. all we seeing now is more after parties as when 1am arrives everybody is just getting started .... Thailand must be the only country in the world with this crazy ass law

what sort of tourism is this place trying to attract ,..... fat german and Pommie bastards paying for the service of little girls ... when they could be attracting are far more well rounded tourist who has money to spen on the thai venues .... not some seedy characters as seen in Nana ...

Hmmmm, it appears that the sorrowful Senator has a problem no doubt. I think she is in desperate need to have more horse back riding than what others thought in the first place. Heeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww, so at same time she must be so desperate to have some other soft slurpy lips to feast on since her's apparently dried up like the desert.

Hmmmm, so others now want to come to this damsel in distress. The powerful urge of the Babylonian ways usually does prevail, so many do wonder why her pipsqueaks need more oiling.

Such a pity for someone who is lacking attention badly. :D:D:D

So lets invite her too so not to let her be disappointed in the threshold of incredible joys and feelings we have now achieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:o:D:D:D

Daveyo

Hmm, maybe it's a way to lure tourists back. I've never been there, although I've been in Thailand many years. Now, based on what she's said, I think I'll have to go and have a look-see.

Sounds like everyones having fun and that means money to be made. Senator's probably got relatives setting up stalls now.

Artisi, are you out of your MIND????????????? No frickin way should we be allowed to give this Senator a BREAK mind you. She is not giving us any breaks so what makes her so frickin special that she got to be given some VIP treatment. ? I could care less if she owned her own island, as long as she keeps her own frickin morality ideals to herself. She has no business telling others that kissing is wrong. In other words, she isn't human nor an animal. She has to be from Outer Space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she had any half ass a chance she will have you locked up for kissing since she is such a school prim and proper marm. She needs more mayonaise than she can chew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daveyo

Slow down Dayevo - " give her a break" was a sarcastic comment. Sarcastic " Someone who is sarcastic says or does the opposite of what they really mean in order to mock or insult someone" - Collins Cobuild Dictionary.

They should remove the katoeys from haad rin. Back in the day I remember falling asleep on the beach after drinking one of those discusting Samsong buckets, waking up to find a katoey straddling and grinding into me.