Hi8 Tapes

doppa

You are talking about Hi8 movie camera tapes aren't you? If you have any success I'll bring mine next year. I've got many movie tapes of my children when they were small and some old fishing tapes dating back to the 1960s. They are too brittle to run on a projector anymore and it sure would be nice to have them professionally put onto digital disk. I'll have to check at the Pantip Plaza as suggested and ask what they can do.

Well, as video is one of my hobbies, I have the equipment to do the transfer to Cds or DVDs (Hi8 or HDV).

The only probem is time. Acquisition to the hard disk is done in real time. It means that a one hour cassette needs one hour to be copied.

So, I can help, but not for 100 cassettes !

Do you need any kind of editing ?

If editing is required, time is much longer !

By editing, I mean removing bad sequences, adding titles, music and a menu on the DVD.

If you just need to make a transfer, it is not very difficult and you can do it yourself if you have a computer with a Firewire connection. I can show you how to do it.

I transferred some stuff yesterday on the ground floor of Panthip Plaza. They have a sign showing that they do tape to DVD or VCD transfers. I had a different type of tape then you.

They charge 100 baht per tape/VCD or 200 baht to transfer to DVD. DVD is the way to go. Yes, a one hour tape takes an hour to transfer.