Fitness Thailand -v- Powerhouse

eek

I bumped an old thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Gym-Chiang-Mai-t66816.html&st=175&start=175), but its a bit long and a bit old, so better to just make a fresh thread.

Checked out Fitness Thailand and Powerhouse.

Fitness Thailand are doing a crazy price at 6000k a year (there was two of us, so might be a joint price. However, on the other thread Electrified said the price stood at 4500 baht for the year on the 2nd Jan!)

Powerhouse offered 10k each for one year.

I believe both are transferable if required.

Fitness Thailands price is definitely attractive and the gym is airy. Powerhouse, however, have a better range of classes if not in the mood for running or whatever.

Would love to get some new opinions on prices and value for money etc from people who have tried these gyms.

Thanks so much.

Hey eek,

FYI, my gf stopped at Fitness Thailand today to check it out and inquire about membership. They quoted 1100/mo or 5000/yr (and she was only asking about one membership).

Haven't tried either of them yet, but I plan on signing up at Fitness Thailand this week - their facilities are more than enough for me.

Thanks wynzlo. That info helps.

Was hoping for some other members opinions, for comparison.

If i want the promotional rates, i am supposed to make a decision by end of tomorrow.

I have to say the vibe at Powerhouse is pretty great, but at double the price of Fitness Thailand, you would hope it would be! Wish it wasnt so pricey though.

Will take a look at Fitness Thailand again before i make a decision. I dont want to pay 5000 or so baht for a place that doesnt motivate me (I used to be very self motivated as extremely fit, but 2 years of laziness and half hearted workouts means i need a push). So im weighing up whats right for me and the best value, even if it means paying more. Just not an easy decision yet.

Edited by eek

Fitness Thailand--lots of weight lifting machines, reasonable free weight equipment, lots of aerobic exercise machines, maintenance done only as a last resort, cheap.

Powerhouse--less equipment all around, far fewer aerobic exercise machines, much better maintained, more expensive.

California Wow--lots of everything, appears well maintained, expensive, I don't want to drive through that much traffic for a workout.

If you're primarily interested in lifting and aerobic machines, I'd say Fitness Thailand. If classes are important to you, maybe Powerhouse.

I know Powerhouse will give you a one or two day pass to try it out, maybe Fitness Thailand will do the same. See which one works best for you.