Excrement Bags Lobbed Into Compound Of Abhisit's House

webfact

Excrement bags landed in Abhisit's house

BANGKOK: -- Several bags of excrement were lobbed into the compound of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's house Monday.

Assistant Police Commissioner-General Pol Lt-Gen Asawin Kwanmuang rushed to the scene with investigators from the Metropolitan Police.

The house is located on Soi Sukhumvit 31.

Following the inspection, Asawin held a meeting with officers at the Thonglor police station.

Police also set up barricades around the prime minister's house following the attack.

Upon learning of the attack, Abhisit said someone might try to create a situation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess the Thonglor Police Chief will be next to be transferred.

"Do you hold the key to the PM's residence?", an on duty office asked a man carrying brown bags..

To which he replied, 'As you so so shall you reap, this is just fertilizer for the lawn', replied the man

Officer retorts, "Ok go ahead because you smell like crap"

A thoroughly appropriate gift for Abhisit.

Another thought-provoking comment in the political debate in Thailand.

Oh, such razor-sharp criticism. Carefully, or you'll cut someone.

Seems to have worked on you :)

Silly season has started. Fairly mild stuff for now but lets see where it ends up. There must be some planned crescendo before or on Feb 26.

Edited by hammered

At least it was only in his garden. A few years ago a member of parliament, Uthai Pimchaichon I believe, got it in the face. So childish.

It is ridiculous. Uthai from what I remember was one of the better parliamentarians and polticians of recent history. It is noticeable the really nasty ones seem to avoid such things. Imagine how Chalerm or Ytuh "dooyen" for example would react

A thoroughly appropriate gift for Abhisit.

I suggest you head home for a quick holiday trip and try this at the private home of the head of government in your country. I think you'll find out rather quickly just how appropriate this kind of behavior is.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

And thanks to the Nation for a serious breach of security by telling everybody exactly where it is....The house is located on Soi Sukhumvit 31.

Worst kept secret in the city mate, you think all those SWAT guys on near 31 every night are just hanging around waiting for the nearest diplomat to drive by so they can protect them?

Jesus, what a bunch of uptight little girls. Politics is serious stuff and I'd be overjoyed if the British public took politics this seriously, instead of meekly acquiescing to the antiseptic stage-managed farce which passes for democracy in Britain. Besides, if David Cameron became PM on the back of an army coup, and of course the nod of those who have nods which make and break coups, getting bags of shit pushed through his letter box would - I hope - be the least of his worries.

Edited by Gerontion

Jesus, what a bunch of uptight little girls. Politics is serious stuff and I'd be overjoyed if the British public took politics this seriously, instead of meekly acquiescing to the antiseptic stage-managed farce which passes for democracy in Britain. Besides, if David Cameron became PM on the back of an army coup, and of course the nod of those who have nods which make and break coups, getting bags of shit pushed through his letter box would - I hope - be the least of his worries.

Have you conveniently forgotten the assassination attempts against him during Black Songkran? Apologias for this type of thing are disgusting.

So, throwing a bag of sh!t is serious stuff ??

Maybe in your playground.

And thanks to the Nation for a serious breach of security by telling everybody exactly where it is....The house is located on Soi Sukhumvit 31.

Thought everybody knew where it was, can hardly miss it with all the police outside - looking in the other direction.

Although you will be sadly missed I am sure that you will find a suitable stone to crawl back under.

Sorry, was that one of your thought-provoking comments? No? You surprise me. This must be one then:

So, throwing a bag of sh!t is serious stuff ??

Maybe in your playground.

Well, thanks for that. It indeed provoke a thought: you have nothing to say.

I am sorry to say, but in what country in the world can someone just 'land" a few bags of whatever. Where was the security? police? does he have any protection or none at all?

Head of state can be reached so easily is a very scary thought

As far as I can gather their support has dwindle down to a hard core base who are now dangerously irrational and desperate.

Based on what?

Will lobbing turds into Abhisit's garden cause a change of heart in our dearly beloved leaders? Will they wake up tomorrow and realise that they're in hock to the army and ... well, others, and that because of this their government is illegitimate? No, probably not. Nor, I suppose, will it cause the punters at Gaysorn to throw up the barricades and join, in a spirit of comradely and fraternal love, their brothers and sisters in Dtak and Sri Saket and Prae for a fight to the death to restore some semblance of democracy to Thailand. But it brings attention and keeps the issue of the Democrats (non) legitimacy alive. And it'll probably make lots and lots and lots of people laugh. And that's not something to be dismissed out of hand - I'm pretty sure that there a lot of people here who, if it happened to Gordon Brown or to Barack Obama - who both, despite whatever faults they might have, are far, far, far less deserving of contempt than Abhisit - would not be quite such humourless, po-faced little tossers about it.