Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Delicious break-away goal from Southampton's corner, by Barclay to Kone to Lukaku. 17 secs form one end to the other and mostly along the ground. Worth looking out for.

Absolutely cracking free flowing move and goal.

After yesterday evening it is refreshing to watch a decent game of football.

Toss up for the neutral whether to watch Spurs v Stoke or West Ham v Leicester next. I think WHL edges it

Ohh and a brilliant 2nd strike by Lukaku. They are demolishing Soton on the break.

What the hell are Everton wearing btw. Arsenal's away strip makes them look like parcel post (probably see it tomorrow) and Everton's is like a garden refuse bag. Surely the money men have got it wrong - by dictating that if a different away strip is worn even when the home team are not in our colours (Soton have no blue) everyone will go and buy our away strip!! Oh really??

Toss up for the neutral whether to watch Spurs v Stoke or West Ham v Leicester next. I think WHL edges it

Ohh and a brilliant 2nd strike by Lukaku. They are demolishing Soton on the break.

What the hell are Everton wearing btw. Arsenal's away strip makes them look like parcel post (probably see it tomorrow) and Everton's is like a garden refuse bag. Surely the money men have got it wrong - by dictating that if a different away strip is worn even when the home team are not in our colours (Soton have no blue) everyone will go and buy our away strip!! Oh really??

Southampton sold one too many players I think. Not to take away from Everton's performance.

West Ham and Leicester scored 6 goals last week, Spurs and Stoke none. Hammers match for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great comeback by Everton,when you consider 3 out of the regular back 4 are injured and the 2 fullbacks are still wet behind the ears.

Typical of Everton not to make a song and dance when their top players are out injured,and just get on with the squad players they have.

Well done the blues

• 2 months later...

Well I'm glad I tuned in to the Stoke match instead of the Watford Spurs rubbish.

What a game that was, two of the best goals you'll see all season from Shaqiri and Lukaku, the Belgian Drogba.

A draw would have been fair. Why isn't Mark Hughes being mentioned for the United job?

I also watched the Everton game (i like to see how Barry gets on) while flicking the channels to follow the other games. Great game, but with that dubious penalty decision at the end for Stoke combined with the linesman's failure to flag offside the Spurs player in the build up to their decisive goal, I went to build in the huff with the poor state of refereeing in the Premier. ..got up for the 2nd half of the late games as I was woken and being tormented by a biting mosi.

I also watched the Everton game (i like to see how Barry gets on) while flicking the channels to follow the other games. Great game, but with that dubious penalty decision at the end for Stoke combined with the linesman's failure to flag offside the Spurs player in the build up to their decisive goal, I went to build in the huff with the poor state of refereeing in the Premier. ..got up for the 2nd half of the late games as I was woken and being tormented by a biting mosi.

laugh.pngburp.gif

I don't think he got anything on the ball ((for the pen (apologies to the grammar queens)), if he did it shouldn't have been given. They didn't show enough replays here, or maybe that was when I stepped out to turn my filet mignon.

Didn't see Spurs, but from the stats and BBC feed it didn't sound like anything too entertaining. In fact it read like Spurs hung on against 10 men with 4 shots on target in the match.

^Stones deffo got the ball first .

Bad mess in your home village Bob .

Must of been turning my steak

Too right it is, the only positive I can take from it is it has brought the community together. Locals helping each other out including many out of town people. Community is something that has faded in recent times, mostly due to rich city types moving in, or buying up property. It is a beautiful village.

Stones seemed to get his studs to it.

Where's your village you're in Bob? Uk or Thailand? Curious as to your community comments which makes me wonder are they Uk flood-related.

Yeah talking about his UK village ,its only about 8 miles from me ,but we were fine ,protected by a hill from the river douglas that flooded bobs village.

Where's your village you're in Bob? Uk or Thailand? Curious as to your community comments which makes me wonder are they Uk flood-related.

I'm not in any village at the moment. My Thai village (Maenam) usually gets flooded every Nov/Dec. My home village (Croston) every 3 years it would seem.

Yeah talking about his UK village ,its only about 8 miles from me ,but we were fine ,protected by a hill from the river douglas that flooded bobs village.

By-the-eck, 8 mile? We must know each other wink.png . Parbold?

By-the-eck, 8 mile? We must know each other wink.png . Parbold?

Close.Think NEWTOWN

edit more like 12 miles according to google

Archived