Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, wilai said:

^ "Ronald, we have 100 million to spend. Who do you want?"...

"Well Farhad, West Ham  have a striker that never scores, and that the fans hate!....I call that Potential!":cheesy:

Good old trickies #neverletusdown

Admittedly, he did score a few v Everton, but honestly he's not a Premier League quality player. I expected him to go to Greece or Turkey.

Woke up this morning to see we had brought in Valencia, who im not familiar with so i got excited as a googled him imaging that he is the number 1 or 2 striker from a top Spanish, French or Italian league team.....and turns out he is  West Ham' United 3rd or possibly 4th choice striker.

And that was it, Everton's deadline day transfer window - net spend under our new billionaire owner, was +2 million given the stones money (so he actually made a nice little profit, which probably explains why he is a billionaire in first place) . 

• 1 month later...

The Everton Quiz

1. What was the original name of Everton Football Club?

St. Domingos

St. Dominics

St. Dominican

St. Dominiques

2. Did Everton win the the F.A Cup in 1994?

Yes

No

3. In 1892 Everton moved to which ground?

Goodison Park

Old Trafford

Anfield

The Marine

4. Did Everton ever play at Anfield?

Yes

No

5. Who played for Everton in the 1920s and was a record setting striker?

Graeme Sharp

Wayne Rooney

Dixie Dean

Dave Hickson

6. Did Wayne Rooney play his first premiership match for Everton at the age of 16?

Yes

No

7. Who was the manager of Everton before David Moyes?

Walter Smith

Bill Kenwright

Howard Kendall

Joe Royle

8. Who are Everton's arch rivals?

Tranmere Rovers

Blackburn Rovers

Manchester United

Liverpool

9. Are Everton's colours blue and red?

Yes

No

10. Theo Kelly was the first true manager of Everton Football Club?

True

False

• 6 months later...

I hope Merseyside Police give their best efforts in getting a criminal charge laid. Vitriol masquerading as journalism. Everton took a pause before responding and I credit them for that rather than criticising them.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:15 PM, Wilsonandson said:

The Everton Quiz

1. What was the original name of Everton Football Club?

St. Domingos

St. Dominics

St. Dominican

St. Dominiques

I think the original name was St. Domingo (no s), as they were from St Domingo New Connexion Methodist Church. It was not named after a Saint but for the location, which was on Breckfield Road North between St Domingo Grove and St Domingo Vale. St Domingo was a part of Everton named after either (a) a ship that sank in the Mersey, or, (b) the Island of Santo Domingo, a place that a wealthy local merchant did much trade with. I have heard both stories.

In 1895 St Domingo became a city council ward and one of the first Councillors was John Houlding. A few years later he was made Lord Mayor of Liverpool.

In case anybody is interested.

Ha Ha about as interested as they are in Sleepers Hill.

Your first post on here for a while, you must need a rest.  :smile:

I always knew about St Domingo Methodist but never knew it was on Breckfield Rd or the location. Don't think many did. Everton's history is interesting but a bit confusing.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

'Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season'. Richard Keys.

You have to give Everton credit for shelling out as much $ as they did and being so utterly awful. Hard to do !

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You have to give Everton credit for shelling out as much $ as they did and being so utterly awful. Hard to do !

Shelling out all that money on everything but the one thing they needed the most, a striker 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Shelling out all that money on everything but the one thing they needed the most, a striker 

Indeed. The kid with the hyphenated name has some potential, but looks a few years away from maybe being a real threat.

27 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Kukaku scored half their goals last season.  Should have been obvious a quality replacement was needed.  And before anyone throws his name in, Rooney is not an out and out striker.

Archived