Everton Thread

sharecropper

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine "Seeing i don't seem to be allowed to post on the City thread this is an opportunity to bump the Everton thread" - Stop being so soft lad or well have to start calling you Mr. Noijai, and it's never stopped you posting on the City thread before

Mourinho spent all of last summer trying to buy 21 year old Stones for Chelsea but Everton wouldn't sell. Pep has just spent all of this summer trying to buy 22 year old Stones for City and Everton sold. Coincidence that 2 of the top managers in the world coveted Stones? Or are you a better judge of a footballer than those two?

Based on comparative prices for Williams and Stones it looks a good deal for Everton. Be honest, if Spurs had bought Williams would you be happy with that? I wouldn't if City had bought him.

As a City fan I'm very happy we've got Stones.

See you on the City thread soon ;-)

Not really relevant to us because we have 18yo Cameron Carter-Vickers through our academy that we make no bones about having an awful lot of hope invested in.  I'd be very interested in making a comparison between him and Stones in a couple of seasons, even though our lad is three years younger.

Secondly, i think you'll agree theres not a cats chance in hell of Spurs ever paying that for a defender or anyone else for that matter.  Beyond our purse strings

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine "Seeing i don't seem to be allowed to post on the City thread this is an opportunity to bump the Everton thread" - Stop being so soft lad or well have to start calling you Mr. Noijai, and it's never stopped you posting on the City thread before

Mourinho spent all of last summer trying to buy 21 year old Stones for Chelsea but Everton wouldn't sell. Pep has just spent all of this summer trying to buy 22 year old Stones for City and Everton sold. Coincidence that 2 of the top managers in the world coveted Stones? Or are you a better judge of a footballer than those two?

Based on comparative prices for Williams and Stones it looks a good deal for Everton. Be honest, if Spurs had bought Williams would you be happy with that? I wouldn't if City had bought him.

As a City fan I'm very happy we've got Stones.

See you on the City thread soon ;-)

Wouldn't have been happy with William's as we don't need a centre half, the difference is that you do .

Anyway with your money you should have bought both of them, Williams for the short term and  Stones for the future !

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine i agree with you that there's not a 'cat in hell's chance' of Spurs ever paying that for a defender or anyone else for that matter.  12m is beyond your purse strings
;-)

Don't really understand what you are getting.  We don't need a center back so what you are asking is irrelevant.  And regardless.  My answer was and still is;  we have a home grown player.  Get it?

[BLOODY QUOTE FUNCTION NOT WORKING ON MY PHONE...BLOODY NEW WEBSITE]
^Alfie "Wouldn't have been happy with William's as we don't need a centre half, the difference is that you do . Anyway with your money you should have bought both of them, Williams for the short term and  Stones for the future !"

Personally not sure we need a CB, it's more a case of getting a CB that Pep (Mourinho and others) wants.

Maybe from a financial resource level we could have bought Williams as well, but you've missed the point as Pep wants a footballing defender not an old fashioned British Centre Half type, plus we now need to shift a couple out to accommodate the new signings not buy a very soon to be 32 yr old defender like Williams. I repeat I would not be happy if we'd bought Williams (not that it was ever on the cards).

^Carmine "Don't really understand what you are getting.  We don't need a center back so what you are asking is irrelevant.  And regardless.  My answer was and still is;  we have a home grown player.  Get it?"

I was having a bit of fun with your ambigious statement where you referred to PAYING THAT (Stones fee or Williams fee)...jeez if you got to explain it...

Lighten up, the new season is here, lots of fun and games to look forward to.
;-)

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

[BLOODY QUOTE FUNCTION NOT WORKING ON MY PHONE...BLOODY NEW WEBSITE]
^Alfie "Wouldn't have been happy with William's as we don't need a centre half, the difference is that you do . Anyway with your money you should have bought both of them, Williams for the short term and  Stones for the future !"

Personally not sure we need a CB, it's more a case of getting a CB that Pep (Mourinho and others) wants.

Maybe from a financial resource level we could have bought Williams as well, but you've missed the point as Pep wants a footballing defender not an old fashioned British Centre Half type, plus we now need to shift a couple out to accommodate the new signings not buy a very soon to be 32 yr old defender like Williams. I repeat I would not be happy if we'd bought Williams (not that it was ever on the cards).

If he want's a footballing defender who can't defend as good as  a British Centre half type then fair enough :)

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Alfie, putting the fee aside, i gather you don't rate John Stones. Makes you wonder why all the teams that can afford him have tried repeatedly to buy him over the past year.

You mean let's forget about the 47m :D:D

Anyway you don't it get do you ?  where i have said they i don't rate him,  you need a good defender for this season, Yes or no ? if yes, who would be the better defender for this season Williams or Stones ? crikey it's not rocket science   Tearing hair animated emoticon

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine "Don't really understand what you are getting.  We don't need a center back so what you are asking is irrelevant.  And regardless.  My answer was and still is;  we have a home grown player.  Get it?"

I was having a bit of fun with your ambigious statement where you referred to PAYING THAT (Stones fee or Williams fee)...jeez if you got to explain it...

Lighten up, the new season is here, lots of fun and games to look forward to.
;-)

i think the point i wanted to make and one thats being over looked by media and on here is what a very fine player Williams is.  Last season he was exceptional, the best British defender by a distance and in him you have a natural leader in the team.  And at 29yo he has a good 2/3 years in him

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Alfie, putting the fee aside, i gather you don't rate John Stones. Makes you wonder why all the teams that can afford him have tried repeatedly to buy him over the past year.

For the record i do think Stones will turn out to be the real deal but theres a lot of work to do and whilst he has a good attitude he doesn't seem to understand the concept of basic, safe hands defending.  

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

he doesn't seem to understand the concept of basic, safe hands defending.  

That was the main reason I didn't want but now we have him, I hope he can be educated. As you say, he has a good attitude so fingers crossed

Alfie, do I think we need another CB. No, and I fhink I stated that here already. Otamendi, Mangala, Denayer, Tosin and of course Kompany if he gets fit should be more than sufficient. Sagna can player there. Pep fancies Fernandinho to play there. We have decent options.

Do I think we should buy John Stones. Definitely as I think he will be an excellent defender over the next 12 years for us and will offer us something that Otamendi and Mangala don't offer - a defender comfortable with using the ball.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie, do I think we need another CB. No, and I fhink I stated that here already. Otamendi, Mangala, Denayer, Tosin and of course Kompany if he gets fit should be more than sufficient. Sagna can player there. Pep fancies Fernandinho to play there. We have decent options.

Do I think we should buy John Stones. Definitely as I think he will be an excellent defender over the next 12 years for us and will offer us something that Otamendi and Mangala don't offer - a defender comfortable with using the ball.

So who do think will be your starting pair ?

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So who do think will be your starting pair ?

If Stones can jump right in it will be he and Otamendi. If not then Mangala. Unless there's a deal working for Mangala, then who knows ? Kompany won't be back for a number of weeks.

Alfie, is it OK if I answer 1 out of every 1,000 questions you post about City ?:w00t:

City's starting CB pairing. Good question Alfie. I really think none of us know. You presumably are aware in the preseason we played Otamendi for half a game, Tosin played 2 whole games, and we made do with Kolorov, Clichy, Fernando and Fernandinho.

I read Otamendi will have a late fitness test and if he's past fit then I reckon it will be Zaba..Stones..Otamendi..Clichy.If hehe's not fit then Alfie your guess is as good as ours.

Well Carmine's comment "Seeing i don't seem to be allowed to post on the City thread this is an opportunity to bump the Everton thread" has really livened up the dormant Everton thread. Might be the time though for you Spurs fans to stop posting comments here that we City fans have to answer and post them on the City thread instead. Just a thought.

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

If Stones can jump right in it will be he and Otamendi. If not then Mangala. Unless there's a deal working for Mangala, then who knows ? Kompany won't be back for a number of weeks.

Alfie, is it OK if I answer 1 out of every 1,000 questions you post about City ?:w00t:

To be fair the question was for  BB as i always like his answer's :D

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well Carmine's comment "Seeing i don't seem to be allowed to post on the City thread this is an opportunity to bump the Everton thread" has really livened up the dormant Everton thread. Might be the time though for you Spurs fans to stop posting comments here that we City fans have to answer and post them on the City thread instead. Just a thought.

There are problems with the new software, and as a result i can't currently post on the City thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived