Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky that happened yesterday as I was on my way to hospital after 90 minutes to get some trapped foul language removed from my voicebox. :)

It was jammy, make no mistake. What worries me is the lack of accuracy in front of goal from our whole team, Arteta's penalties aside.

Something doesn't feel right. It's not a bad squad, but it is missing someone talismanic.

• 1 month later...

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club. I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club,"

headline having little to do with the actual comments and interview there.

Queensbury rules mate...come on its derby day! biggrin.gif

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club. I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club,"

headline having little to do with the actual comments and interview there.

Queensbury rules mate...come on its derby day! biggrin.gif

true, true. they're a small club that plays in a ground made of wood and they would have won the european cup twice ifithadn'tavebeenferheysel.

How do you see the outcome today? Kuyt? Carroll?

i hope kuyt plays in place of henderson. would like us to have our savviest players in for this one but a lot depends on gerrard's fitness - have a feeling kenny may throw him in. i would also like us to go 4-2-3-1 and try to boss the midfield but i fear we'll play an open 4-4-2.

don't do match or result predictions for the derby since absolutely anything can happen. want the ref to have a good, consistent game though.

And who is the ref? biggrin.gif

I think he has said he will not put SG in but agree the only way Everton can win is to upset Suarez,so....expect a rough ride for him,do agree with you the game will have a few bookings and at least one sending off,just hope it aint Carragher eh!

1/6 a booking for him and 1/1 money he is off.

Just don't play Bellamy wink.gif

Unconfirmed reports suggest Bill Kenwright was on his hands and knees picking up all of the coins thrown at Craig Bellamy :)

I think it was more like a further bribe for the ref to act like the useless [7 letters, rhymes with looking] [4 lettters, rhymes with runt] that he most certainly was.

If I were Liverpool I'd worry that even against 10 men they weren't safe until they went 2 up.

[

I think it was more like a further bribe for the ref to act like the useless [7 letters, rhymes with looking] [4 lettters, rhymes with runt] that he most certainly was.

If I were Liverpool I'd worry that even against 10 men they weren't safe until they went 2 up.

Yes i agree 100%

Unconfirmed reports suggest Bill Kenwright was on his hands and knees picking up all of the coins thrown at Craig Bellamy :)

Yes you are probably right. Maybe it should have been 4-0. We missed a penalty and hit the woodwork twice. Still I dont really regard you guys as relegation candidates yet. Bit early to tell. Will have to wait until Christmas and take another look.

Yes you are probably right. Maybe it should have been 4-0. We missed a penalty and hit the woodwork twice. Still I dont really regard you guys as relegation candidates yet. Bit early to tell. Will have to wait until Christmas and take another look.

I just hope that coincides with the Liverpool FC Christmas party at The Albert Dock, when Golf Club Bellamy and "Christmas" Carroll get into it with Suarez, who will no doubt go down like a sack of spuds at the first whiff of trouble.

Hopefully the toffees will get a ten point deduction for the coin throwing.

Yours,

Scouser John.

Good idea.

Maybe Liverpool will get a 10 point deduction every time Suarez starts throwing things, like himself to the ground every time a player comes near him.

That useless knobhead. Because of that we gave Liverpool 3 points. It was a disgusting decision which ruined what could have been a great game.

But maybe old Rodders did the rest of the Premier League a favour, as he has shown how weak Liverpool really are, even against 10 men.

Also any player taking a penalty against Tim Howard after the Blackburn and Liverpool games, must surely be a bit more nervous as he steps up to take it.

That useless knobhead. Because of that we gave Liverpool 3 points. It was a disgusting decision which ruined what could have been a great game.

But maybe old Rodders did the rest of the Premier League a favour, as he has shown how weak Liverpool really are, even against 10 men.

Also any player taking a penalty against Tim Howard after the Blackburn and Liverpool games, must surely be a bit more nervous as he steps up to take it.

Glad the red card of rescinded. I dont know of any Liverpool supporter who felt it was justified.

You are right in the fact that it ruined what should have been 'a great game'.

The problem when you get down to 11 v 10 is that it doesnt tell you very much at all. It is pretty hard to argue that it shows we are weak when we won 2-0 with a missed penalty, 63% of possession, double the number of completed passes at Woodison. On the other hand I think we would have won 11 x 11 but who knows.

It is almost axiomatic that the fact the game was ruined by the decision means it doesnt actually show anything meaningful in the result.

we weren't safe from your neanderthal fans. that was about it.

I do apologise. I didn't know Liverpool had a monopoly on that behaviour.

Tsk Tsk. Come on SC, everyone knows they are the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the country. The players might lay into fat bar-owners, but that's another story.

And just when I thought StevieH was now a responsible poster. I must have been right all along.:rolleyes:

we weren't safe from your neanderthal fans. that was about it.

I do apologise. I didn't know Liverpool had a monopoly on that behaviour.

Tsk Tsk. Come on SC, everyone knows they are the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the country. The players might lay into fat bar-owners, but that's another story.

And just when I thought StevieH was now a responsible poster. I must have been right all along.:rolleyes:

i'm pretty responsible and generally objective. i'm happy to disappoint evertonians though if that's what they want.

p.s. was a manc DJ not a bar owner. and it was his own fault for not liking the musical genius that is phil collins.

Archived