Everton Thread

sharecropper

we weren't safe from your neanderthal fans. that was about it.

I do apologise. I didn't know Liverpool had a monopoly on that behaviour.

Tsk Tsk. Come on SC, everyone knows they are the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the country. The players might lay into fat bar-owners, but that's another story.

And just when I thought StevieH was now a responsible poster. I must have been right all along.:rolleyes:

i'm pretty responsible and generally objective. i'm happy to disappoint evertonians though if that's what they want.

p.s. was a manc DJ not a bar owner. and it was his own fault for not liking the musical genius that is phil collins.

A friend of mine had to give a young StevieG a slap for trying to nick the vw badge off his car. :D

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine had to give a young StevieG a slap for trying to nick the vw badge off his car.

And I shook my fist at him once as he drove past in a car, laughing his head off with his scally mates, without checking the 4 way junction I was emerging from.

That was before I knew he was mobbed up, of course. Or that handy with his fists (as in Southport), or that he was a stranger to justice in the courts (er, as in Southport).

We're discussing nicking your manager over on the Spurs thread sharecropper. Perhaps you'd care to share your views?

Yeah - he's too good for you (and by extension, us). He will find his next job less difficult than his current one, that's for sure.

We're discussing nicking your manager over on the Spurs thread sharecropper. Perhaps you'd care to share your views?

Take him, he's been holding us back for years.

What's the problem with scrotum face then?

Take him, he's been holding us back for years.

What's the problem with scrotum face then?

He's off to manage a nation of muppets....hadn't you heard?

where has this notion come from that moyes is equipped to manage a big club out of interest?

If I said those Yankee owner jerks of yours had said it, would you all be grovelling in the dirt yessing them and doffing your forelocks?

:D Morning all!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So what do you guys think of our first senior player signing for 2 and a half years? A lot of people are moaning on the threads about it, we need a striker blah blah blah. I think they are missing the point, he is an attacking midfielder with vision and a cracking shot on him. I think he will be great addition to our somewhat depleted squad. He should weigh in with goals every season as well as creating chances. I'm happy.

So what do you guys think of our first senior player signing for 2 and a half years? A lot of people are moaning on the threads about it, we need a striker blah blah blah. I think they are missing the point, he is an attacking midfielder with vision and a cracking shot on him. I think he will be great addition to our somewhat depleted squad. He should weigh in with goals every season as well as creating chances. I'm happy.

I think you have got a good player who will help the team,he is perfect for you and a good signing at the price you payed

Now you can let us have Barklay or Rodwell please.

i find it quite odd the way evertonians are so positive about signing up man united cast-offs. gibson is average at best, and he plays in the position that the ev are arguably strongest in.

don't think you'll be lauding him so much if you now sell rodwell or barkley for 15m and the money vanishes into the bank again.

I find it quite odd the fact that Liverpool fans wholeheartedly defended the singing of that uselsess pony-tailed carhorse Carroll for 35 million quid.

I'm sure a bit more financial prudence across the park might be welcomed by your Yankke paymasters' bank mamagers.

I'd sell Rodders for 20m so long as we could have 10 of that to buy someone lese. Sometimes great players can only go so far in what are average teams, like Liverpool or Everton.

Rooney for example (but not Lescott, Pienaar or Jeffers).

Nice reply Shares, it is stating the bleedin obvious that only a few clubs can compete in the overpriced transfer market. Everton have not had the funds for some years, sold Arteta on virtually the last day of transfer window. So no chance to sign a couple of players then and if we had the price woulda gone through the roof. They tell us the money is in the bank, if so then I would expect to see some new blood introduced. Yeah 35 mill for Carroll, I would expect the bees across the parks faces to be as red as their shirts.

• 1 month later...

I've just read that David Moyes has only been given 26m to spend in the last TEN years!!!

Can anyone Evertonians confirm this? If true thats remarkable.

Gutsy performance last weekend, well done. We probably should have beaten you on the balance of play but thats life i suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

i find it quite odd the way evertonians are so positive about signing up man united cast-offs. gibson is average at best, and he plays in the position that the ev are arguably strongest in.

don't think you'll be lauding him so much if you now sell rodwell or barkley for 15m and the money vanishes into the bank again.

Gibson has plugged the whole in midfield and seems to have given them the upper hand in Merseyside although Gibson was not good enough for United surely he is better than Henderson and Adams at a fraction of the price another great buy from Moyes.

I wonder if Stevie H is still wondering about the wisdom of Everton's transfer policy (or Newcastle's - or even Swansea's for that matter).

No doubt when King Krummy gets sacked in the summer they's all be Rafa-ing up again and hating the owners.

One thing's for sure - as a Blue, i want Liverpool to keep Kenny for a few more seasons, if he has the bottle to continue this time (remember his resignation after our 4-4 draw in 1991?).

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on an great performance and comeback vs ManU and an entertaining game.

Totally disagree with Ferguson saying they had "4 great goals" and Everton's were "4 soft goals" caused by "defensive lapses". Then again what's new. He rarely gives credit to a team when the result goes against them - yet if ManU win the other team has always played well and its ManU's performance that carries it.

Well done Everton. Deserved it smile.png

Congrats on an great performance and comeback vs ManU and an entertaining game.

Totally disagree with Ferguson saying they had "4 great goals" and Everton's were "4 soft goals" caused by "defensive lapses". Then again what's new. He rarely gives credit to a team when the result goes against them - yet if ManU win the other team has always played well and its ManU's performance that carries it.

Well done Everton. Deserved it smile.png

Yeah - it made the previous weekend's entirely predictable cave-in a bit more palatable. Pienaar is key, and Jelavic a superb buy.

We may get 35 million off Liverpool for him if we start to boost him a bit, as they need a good finisher - besides King Kenny I mean, who has pretty much finished them off as a great side singlehandedly. Good cup team now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived