Remodeling Contractor Needed

I need to do some remodeling work on a townhouse and a condo. I've been putting it off for awhile just because I don't want to deal with all of the idiotic annoying things (read: completely unprofessional) that occur on a daily basis here. I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to have to watch over the remodeling project like a hawk (to be honest, I'd rather do it myself since I'm going to be sitting there anyway, but that's another story). So I google "remodeling contractor bangkok" and get this site:

http://www.BangkokHomeServices.com/about_us.php (sorry if I'm not allowed to post links but I think it's relevant to this post)

So I get to the "About Us" part where basically the company goes down the list of typical annoying things that occur here and points out how this company is different (i.e. "we are on time for our appointments" and "we call if we are running late" - typical stuff that nobody should even have to think about but yes, TIT). So I'm praising the place for it's professional attitude and then decide to give them a call - oops, "the number does not exist."

And it's a cell-phone number. Now I go from praise to annoyance.

To the business owners out there - use a farking land line. Anybody can go buy a DTAC sim card and run a fly-by-night business. This really gets to me. Run a dam_n land line so it's traceable and there would be at least an "image" of accountability (whether or not it's real is always questionable), and if you're going to run a business in which you actually have to go into people's homes, then post a picture of yourself for some credibility (even if it's questionable) and if you're going to post your mobile number, then answer it. It's called being a professional - gaining trust - simple business 101. Now that wasn't (necessarily) directed at the business at whose web page I mentioned, but in general. Yes, I guess it's a mini-rant.

Anyway, I need some remodeling done. Can anybody recommend somebody? Professionalism is #1 i.e. shaking my hand, making a deal, going through with said deal, being accountable, fair pricing, looking me in the face, etc. (so simple that I get frustrated that I even have to ask for it). Remember when people ran small businesses and they cared? Yes, that kind of business. Do me right and you will have a customer who will recommend other potential clients (does nobody get this concept anymore?). Do me wrong and, well, see you in the next life.

(and to the business owner of the website I mentioned above - I'm still ready to give a chance, just answer your <deleted>' phone)

I assume the work is in Bangkok. If so, I am currently using a very good contractor for some work on my house - I'm using them as they did a great job seriously re-modelling the house next door. The company is run by two brothers, one of whom speaks very good english so communication is not a issue. PM me if you want the contact details.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did my condo last year which I am very happy with the work Homebox did for me. The web is homebox.co.th but I dont have the contact. Check out the website n u might find something u like. Look for Leslie or Tim. They speak good English. Homebox works for me, hope it works for u too.

I am having some work done right now... having an addition put on the House and having built in Kitchen done. Its all about half way done at this point and should be completed within the next three weeks.

So far the contractor seems very professional and everything is going well... if you can a wait a couple more weeks I will be able to advise if I can recomend or not.

If interested in getting an update once all the work is done drop me a PM.