Sukhumvit Rd Condo - Short Term

I want to move to Sukhumvit rd. From the look of it, it is pricer than most other areas on BKK. I'm looking for a 2 bedroom place for 1 month and then possibly a 1 bedroom place after that for a few months.

Looking to move in mid-March. How likely is that I can find something this short term and how much can I expect to pay?

Hi!

I know it is difficult in Bangkok when you are new, i have been in Thailand for a few years but still feel like a noob in Bangkok. :)

So, are you going to live in Bangkok by yourself or with your family?

Do you have children?

I am just asking because there are some areas that can be very loud in the nighttime and might not be the best place for young children to live in.

I am sure someone else might have a completely other picture of it, but this is how i have experienced it:

The sois are divided in even and odd numbers on each side of the Sukhumvit road, and they do not follow eachother on each side.

With follow eachother i mean; you can not be on soi 22 and think that soi 23 is just across on the other side of sukhumvit road.

Then there are some sois that are more of partysois or for those looking for companions.

Soi 4-6 is the Nana area, where you can find a lot of bars and ladies looking for companions.

Then there is also more of a bar area around soi 21,23 with "soi cowboy" , where men and ladymen are looking for companions.

Have a look at the Bangkok BTS (skytrain) map, it will give you a better look of the area.

Phrom Phong, is a residential area for many expats who works for embassies, UN, other international companies. Their employers often pay their rents. Otherwise a nice area and there are some good international nurseries, kindergardens there.

Around Thong Lo, are a lot of hi-so clubs and it seems to be a nice area.

Around Ekamai, a lot of expats live there, and families with children. Also there is the eastern busstation and i wouldn't recommend to live too close to the busstation because it can be a bit noisy since most of the buses go very early in the morning.

Phrah Khanong, i don't know so much about to be honest.

On nut, is just lovely! There are green parks and gardens there. A lot of new buildings as well.

Just a few minutes with the skytrain and you are in the middle of the fuzz.

You can even find villas with small gardens and some areas doesn't make you feel like you are in a big town like Bangkok at all.

Well....so if you want to stay in Bangkok for party and pleasure, you might want to stay close to the Nana area.

Otherwise you might like to stay a bit further away, around soi 22-40?

For living, there are serviced apartments for around 25000baht/month and up.

The ones in the phrom phong area cost from 40000 baht/month and up.

Look at craigslist and you will see that there are many apartments for rent in the area.

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/apa/

Then there is also a lot of apartments that you can not find on the internet.

If you want to stay for longer, start to rent for a few weeks and then have a look in the neighbourhood.

You will find many places that doesn't have any websites.

Just take a stroll up and down the sois and ask.

good luck and take care!