Posting

checkout

can someone explain to me how it is that you break a post into multiple quotes so you can segment your answers.i am not that computer savvy and i am having a hard time doing it.thanks..

I tend to do it manually with the BBCode as in:

[quote name='checkout' date='2010-02-14 07:13:51' post='3340240']
	 can someone explain to me how it is that you break a post into multiple  quotes so you can segment your answers.i am not that computer savvy and  i am having a hard time doing it.thanks..
	 [/quote]
	 I tend to do it manually with the BBCode as in:

It seems that there is a QUOTE button here on this IPB forum software but it defaults to quoting the last post once we're past the OP, so I'd have to experiment with how it works if one clicks on a couple of QUOTE buttons for separate posts before clicking the REPLY button.

also if someone could tell me how to highlight.once again thanks..

By highlight, I assume you mean things like bold or large size, or colour, which are buttoned up at the top of your reply window, and look like this in BBCode if you do it manually:

[b]bold[/b]
   [color=#RRGGBB] coloured text [/color]

I can't remember how I used to do the big large BBCode tags anymore, but it's all fairly automated with the little controls up at the top of the reply page.

i am not that computer savvy and i am having a hard time doing it.thanks.

Based on the above a simpler answer will be better. :)

Below each post, except the OP, is a Quote button. Click on it for each post you wish to have quoted in your reply - the button will turn red. Then click on "Add Reply" (not Reply) and the message box will open with each selected quote in it.

Trim down any quotes you wish and add your comments. Be careful to not add your comments within the quoted text as it will look like it was that posters comments. You will see tags like this, so be sure to reply outside of them. [ quote ] quoted text here [ / quote ]

• 2 weeks later...

To break down an individual post, I will do it like this. First highlight and copy the paragraph..

post-12326-1267130197_thumb.jpg

Click on "Add reply" and then paste the text (note you will not get the posters name included, if you want this you will have to add it yourself). You highlight text by left clicking and hold at the beginning of the section, move the cursor to the end of the section and lift your finger off the button. You can then click on the Bold or any other icon to do what you want or if you want to copy the selection. You copy by right clicking and selecting "Copy".

You can then break up the post as you want into seperate sentences/paragraphs

Then highlight the first section that you want to respond to and click on the "Quote button". This will wrap the highlighted section with a quote box and you can add your comment afterwards

post-12326-1267131316_thumb.jpg

Repeat for the other sections and your post will look like this

post-12326-1267131641_thumb.jpg

can someone explain to me how it is that you break a post into multiple quotes so you can segment your answers.

Comment added

i am not that computer savvy and i am having a hard time doing it.thanks..

2nd comment added

Hope that this helps

Loong