New Cars Market In Thailand For 2010 And Beyond..

Super Titanium officially launches tomorrow (27 Sept), and has been officially described as a "super nanochange", as opposed to a "mega picochange" or "micro minor change", I guess, he-he :D

In the MU-7, the differences are a few accents, amber/red dash illumination, auto-folding side mirrors, and the addition of a split-view front camera. Colors appear to be the same as before I'm afraid.

Note that there will also be a new "X-Series" launching in November this year, if you dig your ride having Ford-style racing stripes and checkered flag accents ;)

Isuzu MU-7 Super Titanium

MU-7 Super Titanium Prices:

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TC 3000 Ddi MT 1,013,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TC 3000 Ddi AT 1,063,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo MT i-Genii 1,170,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo AT i-Genii 1,220,000.

• Activo 4WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo AT i-Genii 1,320,000.

Note: These are not "2011" models. Thailand model years work on actual Gregorian calendar years... ;)

Will the actual '2011' produced MU7 models have the same features as those outlined above?

Also, in a further attempt(?) to distinguish the new moniker from the previous 'Platinum' series, there is reportedly a new 'Bronze' color, but the translation has me a bit confused:

• challenges for independent living. “อีซูซุมิว-เซเว่น ซูเปอร์ ไททาเนียม แอคทิโว” ขับเคลื่อน 4 ล้อ เครื่องยนต์ 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo ขีดสุดของขุมพลัง "Isuzu MU - Seven Super Titanium Action Tivoli, 4-wheel drive engine 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo Ultimate Power. ที่ทั้งแรง…ทั้งเงียบ…และประหยัดน้ำมัน Both force and quiet ... ... and save fuel. สะดวกสบายด้วยเกียร์ออโตเมติก Comfort with automatic transmission. พร้อมขับเคลื่อนไลฟ์สไตล์สุดท้าทาย Powered with lifestyle challenges.

• ตอบรับชีวิตเมืองทันสมัยและความต้องการหลากหลาย • A modern city life and the diverse demands. “อีซูซุมิว-เซเว่น ซูเปอร์ ไททาเนียม พรีโม” ขับเคลื่อน 2 ล้อ เครื่องยนต์ 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo ขับสนุกเร้าใจ "Isuzu MU - Seven Super Titanium Precision Mo" engine powered 2 wheel drive 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo provocative fun. มีให้เลือกทั้งเกียร์ออโตเมติก Available in automatic gear. และเกียร์ธรรมดา And manual transmission.

มีสีให้เลือกถึง 4 เฉด สะท้อนความเป็นตัวเองได้อย่างโดดเด่น ได้แก่ เงินไททาเนียมเมทาลิค ขาวมุก บรอนซ์เงินเมทาลิค และดำไมก้า With up to 4 colors reflect the shades themselves are remarkable amount of titanium white acrylic meta, meta pearl silver, bronze and black acrylic Mika.

• ทางเลือกใหม่ของความสุข • choice of happiness. เพื่อไลฟ์สไตล์สุดประหยัด Save to lifestyle. “อีซูซุมิว-เซเว่น ซูเปอร์ ไททาเนียม 3000 Ddi พรีโม” ขับเคลื่อน 2 ล้อ เครื่องยนต์ 3000 Ddi ทางเลือกใหม่ของการใช้ชีวิตที่คุ้มค่า "Isuzu MU - Seven Super Titanium 3000 Ddi Pre-Mo, 2 wheel drive engine 3000 Ddi alternative of a life worth มีให้เลือกทั้งเกียร์ออโตเมติก Available in automatic gear. และเกียร์ธรรดา Thorn Rada and gear. ให้ความประหยัดน้ำมัน พร้อม 2 เฉดสี 2 สไตล์ เงินไททาเนียมเมทาลิค หรูหรา โดดเด่น และบรอนซ์เงินเมทาลิค To fuel-efficient style with 2 colors Titanium Silver meta acrylic unique and elegant silver, bronze acrylic metadata. บ่งบอกเอกลักษณ์เฉพาะตัว Identify unique.

Does this mean the top-of-the-line 4x4 comes with only a Bronze Acrylic Mika paint finish while the 2x2 version gets the cool Bronze Acrylic Meta (metallic flake) paint finish??? Say it aint so MRO!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awful translation tool ;)

The colors are: white pearl, silver metallic (blueish-silver), bronze (copper) metallic and black mica.

Here's the updated Titanium X-Series (coming November) :

230910225216isuzutita00.jpg

I can't believe that people go for this, lol :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1

Note: These are not "2011" models. Thailand model years work on actual Gregorian calendar years... ;)

Will the actual '2011' produced MU7 models have the same features as those outlined above?

Yes, this will continue into 2011.

Publicly this will forever be known as the "Super Titanium" series (i.e. not attached to a specific year).

In the industry it'll be forever referred to as the "September 2010 nanochange" - that's just the way it works here ;)

The actual "model year" of a Thai vehicle is the year it receives it's white plates (i.e. after it's been sold)... which is why you can often see 3 or 4 year old cars being sold as "2010" models, and also why it's not necessary / make no sense to bring forward the MY like they do in the West.,

Yes, this will continue into 2011.

Publicly this will forever be known as the "Super Titanium" series (i.e. not attached to a specific year).

In the industry it'll be forever referred to as the "September 2010 nanochange" - that's just the way it works here ;)

The actual "model year" of a Thai vehicle is the year it receives it's white plates (i.e. after it's been sold)... which is why you can often see 3 or 4 year old cars being sold as "2010" models, and also why it's not necessary / make no sense to bring forward the MY like they do in the West.,

Modelyear in LOS

In most market 10th digit in VIN (chassienumber) decides modelyear, avoiding any confusion. When a new model comes out in August-November

its a new modelyear, no matter when its sold/registered. all LOS made vehicles have a "0" in VIN position 10.

here and in many inmature markets, modelyear is decided by date of sale/ 1st day of insurance/warranty

a vehicle purchased in November 2010, will under modelyear in reg book have 2010, while it can be a 2011 in most or all other markets, and be registered and receive white plates in january 2011, which is also stated in reg book.

The colors are: white pearl, silver metallic (blueish-silver), bronze (copper) metallic and black mica.

Here's the updated Titanium X-Series (coming November) :

230910225216isuzutita00.jpg

Thaaank You! The Bronze (Copper) Metallic color may be the only real salvation for this last Isuzu MU7 model. The i-Genie is cool, too.

The hood stripes are OK for pickup trucks, IMHO (but marketing them as though they were some big deal is a bit going over the top).......I don't think stripes would look cool on a MU7.

MRO,

I've just noticed that the Toyota Hilux in Australia, which is built here in Thailand has a D4D option that produces 126kw & 343nm of torque, whilst here in the same engine is rated at 120kw & 343nm of torque.

Do you know why this is?

I am well aware there are other differences between the countries but in every other aspect the engine looks the same, I just don't know why its rated @ a higher power in Oz. :unsure:

......ahhhhhh, Bronze (Copper) metallic! :jap: The 'new' White Pearl?

......the updated Titanium X-Series (coming November) :

The updated Titanium X-Series (that is coming in November) is (hopefully) only for the D Max models, not the MU7 models, correct?

Edited by Ahnsahn

MRO,

I've just noticed that the Toyota Hilux in Australia, which is built here in Thailand has a D4D option that produces 126kw & 343nm of torque, whilst here in the same engine is rated at 120kw & 343nm of torque.

Do you know why this is?

I am well aware there are other differences between the countries but in every other aspect the engine looks the same, I just don't know why its rated @ a higher power in Oz. :unsure:

The Australian and European market versions have been tuned for EuroIV diesel (Thai standard is EuroIII), and include a particulate filter to comply with Euro4 emissions standards. Hence the increased 126kW (170HP) output. Thailand models will be getting these changes in late 2011. All gas stations must sell EuroIV diesel in TH by 2012 - currently the only EuroIV available here is Shell's V-Power Diesel.

......ahhhhhh, Bronze (Copper) metallic! :jap: The 'new' White Pearl?

Well you never know... Copper/Metallic orange was a very popular in some Western markets around 10-12 years ago. The new Fiesta comes with the color as well, but then again the first generation VIOS also had it as an option, but (along with metallic purple) it never really took off..

The updated Titanium X-Series (that is coming in November) is (hopefully) only for the D Max models, not the MU7 models, correct?

It appears there will be a Super Titanium X-Series MU-7, just as there's a Super Platinum X-Series MU-7 right now (I've actually seen one, lol) :D

• Like 1

Mazda have released some official interior renders of the upcoming Mazda BT-50 model upgrade, to be built on the shared Ford/Mazda T6 platform and released late 2011..

2011mazdabt50interior01.jpg

2011mazdabt50interior02.jpg

2011mazdabt50interior03.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like Mazda have been taking some interior design cues from the Ford Fiesta? Spookily similar.. ;)

Stay tuned for more when the new T6 platform gets publicly unveiled for the first time at the Sydney Motor Show in 10 days time :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Time for another update:

Chevrolet:

2010: All New Cruze (codename J300) - expected in November (delayed from an originally planned Nov '09 launch) Updated

2011: New Aveo (codename T300) - June release planned.

2011: New Colorado (codename GMI700) - November release planned.

2012: All-new Colorado-based PPV (SUV)

Ford:

2010: New Fiesta (codename B299) - Released.

2011: New Ranger (codename T6) - To be unveiled at the Sydney Motor Show in Oct 2010, with a projected release of Nov/Dec 2011. Primary engine variant revealed to be 2.2L TD with 156HP/380Nm. Top spec engine rumored to be 5cyl 3.2L TD with 220HP Updated

2011: Last minor change for the Escape.

2012: New Focus

2012: New Everest

2012: Escape discontinued.

Honda:

2010: Jazz, City and Accord all get a minor change.

2011: Jazz Hybrid. Revealed at Paris motor show Oct 2010, confirmed for Thai production. Updated

2011: New Civic (codename 2HC) towards the end of the year.

2011: New Eco car (codename 2CV) to be launched in November 2010, broad availability not expected until late Q1 2011.

Hyundai:

2010: New Tuscon Released.

2010: Hyundai i10 - unconfirmed model -Hyundai has gone quiet, unlikely now. Updated

2010: Hyundai Genesis Coupe - unconfirmed model - Hyundai has gone quiet, unlikely now. Updated

2010: New Hyundai Sonata - release date unconfirmed.

Isuzu:

2010: Isuzu D-Max -Titanium series nanochange released. New "Titanium X-Series" in November. Updated.

2011: New D-Max (codename RT-50) - to be based on Chevrolet engine & chassis. Nov release planned.

2012: New RT-50 based PPV (SUV) to replace the MU-7. Again based on Chevrolet SUV

Note: Come late 2011/2012, Isuzu will no longer be manufacturing pickups or PPV's (SUV) themselves - all will be sourced from Chevrolet.

Land Rover:

2010: Feelander - minor change.

2011: New Evoque to be released mid-year. New Addition.

Mazda:

2010: New Mazda 2 sedan Released.

2010: Last minor change for the existing Mazda 3 Released.

2011: New Mazda 3 - Production earmarked to start in late 2010 in Rayong, for early 2011 release. Updated

2011: New BT-50 (codename T6). To be unveiled at the Sydney Motor Show October 2010, and released Nov/Dec 2011. Primary engine variant revealed to be 2.2L TD with 156HP/380Nm Updated

Mercedes-Benz:

2010: New Benz E-Class - CKD made in Thailand. Released.

2010: S-Class - minor change Released.

2010: New line-up of "Blue Effeciency" models Released.

2010: SLS AMG Released.

Mitsubishi:

2010: Lancer EX white pearl edition Released.

2010: Special edition Triton models expected throughout the year. Released.

2012: Eco-car enters production in Sep 2011 for an early 2012 release. First Thai made car to be offered with a choice of Petrol, Hybrid or All-Electric drivetrain Updated.

Nissan:

2010: All New "March" eco-car - expected in the first half. Released.

2010: Navara minor change.

2010: New Vanette NV200 and Urvan - expected in November

2011: March based sedan

2011: Juke official imports under consideration (already in gray market) Updated.

2012: New TIIDA X12C

2012: New C Segment sedan (codename L12F) to compete with Corolla/Civic/3/Focus. New Addition.

2013: New compact sedan (TIIDA Latio replacement)

Porsche:

2010: New Cayenne S Hybrid released - first import to pass-on advantages of hybrid tax loophole (prices from ~6M instead of ~14M) New Addition.

Suzuki:

2010: Swift - expected in the first half. Released.

2010: SX4 - unconfirmed.

2012: Eco-car project - unconfirmed.

Toyota:

2010: VIOS minor change. Released.

2010: Yaris nano change.

2010: VIGO nano change. Released.

2010: Corolla Altis minor change (new engines/gearboxes) Released.

2010: Fortuner nano change. Released.

2011: Prius and Prius plug-in.

2011: VIGO minor change.

2012: New VIOS.

2012: New Yaris? - unconfirmed, but highly likely.

2012: New Camry.

2013: New ALTIS.

2014: New Hilux (codename IMV2)

2014: Eco-car project gets a second chance

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Some more specs on the new T6 Ranger/BT-50 (4-door variant)

• Wheelbase increased to 3.22M (from 3.0M)
  • Turning circle (radius) reduced to 5.9M/6.2M (2WD/4WD) from 6.1M/6.3M
  • Tray dimension up to: 1560 x 1549 x 511 (W/L/H mm) from 1456 x 1530 x 465 - now the biggest in class for a 4-door, however the BT-50 tray is ~50mm narrower/shorter and "only" 500mm high.
  • Ground clearance up to 232mm from 207mm

Engines specs announced are the same as I've previously posted, but the power levels being quoted today are down a few percent: This could just be a result of different tuning for different markets though (the figures below are for Australia):

2.2L 4cyl TD with 147HP and 375Nm from 1500-2000 RPM (previously indicated to be 156HP/380Nm)

3.2L 5cyl TD with 197HP and 470Nm @ 2,750 rpm (previously indicated to be 220HP/500Nm)

Ford Australia states that production begins at AAT in Thailand mid-2011, for a late 2011 release.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I drive a Honda City, which I'm happy enough with to recommend to anyone wanting a small run-around, however I recently saw a Ford Fiesta in a shopping mall and I was really stunned. The styling is excellent, sure, but I was most impressed by the 6-speed transmission - it's 'dry' (no fluid apparently) so it's lighter and it has two clutches to make the gear changes smoother and quicker. If anyone's in the market for a small car, you must look at this Fiesta.

I drive a Honda City, which I'm happy enough with to recommend to anyone wanting a small run-around, however I recently saw a Ford Fiesta in a shopping mall and I was really stunned. The styling is excellent, sure, but I was most impressed by the 6-speed transmission - it's 'dry' (no fluid apparently) so it's lighter and it has two clutches to make the gear changes smoother and quicker. If anyone's in the market for a small car, you must look at this Fiesta.

For sure, the Fiesta is a nice little car that does a lot of things very well indeed.

The only places it lags behind other competitors are on interior space and versatility and lack of brand value (in TH).

Time for another update:

Toyota:

2010: VIOS minor change. Released.

2010: Yaris nano change.

2010: VIGO nano change. Released.

2010: Corolla Altis minor change (new engines/gearboxes) Released.

2010: Fortuner nano change. Released.

2011: Prius and Prius plug-in.

2011: VIGO minor change.

2012: New VIOS.

2012: New Yaris? - unconfirmed, but highly likely.

2012: New Camry.

2013: New ALTIS.

2014: New Hilux (codename IMV2)

2014: Eco-car project gets a second chance

Prius plug in to be soft launched on Oct 21st, to be made in Thailand and debut next month in the Thai market. Japanese made batterys and engines, the rest Thai made. Wonder about the price, should I put my Fiesta order on hold?

Prius plug in to be soft launched on Oct 21st, to be made in Thailand and debut next month in the Thai market. Japanese made batterys and engines, the rest Thai made. Wonder about the price, should I put my Fiesta order on hold?

With just 20km electric-only range and Camry level pricing, I can't see the value..

If you want a hybrid, I'd say wait for something that has a decent electric-only range (like Nissan Leaf or GM Volt), or buy a luxury hybrid just so you can save on excise tax ;)

With just 20km electric-only range and Camry level pricing, I can't see the value..

If you want a hybrid, I'd say wait for something that has a decent electric-only range (like Nissan Leaf or GM Volt), or buy a luxury hybrid just so you can save on excise tax ;)

Thanks. Camry level pricing is a joke, so is 20 km electric range:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in..

It appears that the 4-door top-spec of the all-new T6 Ford Ranger is in fact going to be launched earlier than expected - within the next few weeks in fact.

With other variants to follow in 2011..

And the competition are rushing to upgrade their product lines to counter the attack.

Mitsubishi will be flanking the new Ford launch with new uprated versions of the Triton - the big changes to include new 5AT and 6MT transmissions, and an upgraded Euro-IV spec 4D56 2.5L TD with 165HP/350Nm (5AT) or 165HP/400Nm (6MT) - note that this is only a minor change however, not an all-new model.

Toyota will also be responding with a minor change to the entire VIGO range. No solid info on what this will entail, but will keep you posted.

And don't forget that Isuzu will be stunning everyone with their "Super Titanium X-Series" soon too ;)

The question is, where is all this Euro4 diesel going to be coming from? Either Shell are going to have an absolute field-day with the V-Power diesel, or maybe PTT has a new product to announce as well? ;)

Just in..

It appears that the 4-door top-spec of the all-new T6 Ford Ranger is in fact going to be launched earlier than expected - within the next few weeks in fact.

And the competition are rushing to upgrade their product lines to counter the attack.

Mitsubishi will be flanking the new Ford launch with new uprated versions of the Triton - the big changes to include new 5AT and 6MT transmissions, and an upgraded Euro-IV spec 4D56 2.5L TD with 165HP/350Nm (5AT) or 165HP/400Nm (6MT) - note that this is only a minor change however, not an all-new model.

Toyota will also be responding with a minor change to the entire VIGO range. No solid info on what this will entail, but will keep you posted.

And don't forget that Isuzu will be stunning everyone with their "Super Titanium X-Series" soon too ;)

The question is, where is all this Euro4 diesel going to be coming from? Either Shell are going to have an absolute field-day with the V-Power diesel, or maybe PTT has a new product to announce as well? ;)

Have just received further confirmation/details on the new releases from Ford, Mitsu and Toyota.

If you're in the market for a new pickup, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks - there's a lot of behind the scenes buzz, and a lot of model changes underway..

MRO, So what do you think this might not just effect the pick up it could flow onto the Pajero sport and Fortune in the way of a 5 speed A/T.

PPV's aren't' being discussed ATM at all, but it stands to reason that they'll eventually inherit the goodies their pickup cousins will soon have.

A lot of what happens to PPV's depends on how the market reacts to the new pickups.. Ford do not intend to release the T6-based Everest replacement until 2012, so there's no real immediacy in the PPV segment, and Toyota have only just released their Sportivo III nano-change last month, so a new model/refresh now would seem premature.

However, Mitsu have already been rumored to have a minor or nano change this year, and upgrading to EuroIV for both Mitsu and Toyota only means adding a particulate filter and a re-tuned ECU, so nothing major from a production/tooling standpoint. The new gearboxes will likely be sourced from existing 3rd parties as well, which means just a change in purchase order.

If you wanted me to speculate, I'd say there willll probably be an updated Pajero Sport within the next 3-6 months with a 5AT and the Triton's 165HP* EuroIV 2.5L. I'd also speculate that the VIGO 3.0L will get a 171 HP EuroIV compatible donk soon with 5AT, and the Fortuner will follow shortly thereafter..But I'd only be guessing :D

It all depends on who-does-what and what response is deemed necessary to retain/gain market share...

* Why Mitsubishi have de-tuned the Euro-IV 4D56 2.5L from 178HP to 165HP for the Thai market escapes me... Perhaps they fear the Thai market will call BS to a Mitsu 2.5L that makes more power than a Toyota 3.0L? Maybe the "new" Euro4 diesel (i.e. not V-power) we're soon to see isn't entirely up to scratch? :yellowcard:

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Balls. Just ordered a 3.0 Vigo MT 4x4 with an expected 30-40 day delivery..

Do you know the price of the new Ranger? Is it just the top model being released early? Looks like it has an equivalent of the top Vigo's VLC too... Maybe have to cancel and go talk to Ford.

MRO, So what do you think this might not just effect the pick up it could flow onto the Pajero sport and Fortune in the way of a 5 speed A/T.

PPV's aren't' being discussed ATM at all, but it stands to reason that they'll eventually inherit the goodies their pickup cousins will soon have.

A lot of what happens to PPV's depends on how the market reacts to the new pickups.. Ford do not intend to release the T6-based Everest replacement until 2012, so there's no real immediacy in the PPV segment, and Toyota have only just released their Sportivo III nano-change last month, so a new model/refresh now would  seem premature.

However, Mitsu have already been rumored to have a minor or nano change this year, and upgrading to EuroIV for both Mitsu and Toyota only means adding a particulate filter and a re-tuned ECU, so nothing major from a production/tooling standpoint. The new gearboxes will likely be sourced from existing 3rd parties as well, which means just a change in purchase order.

If you wanted me to speculate, I'd say there willll probably be an updated Pajero Sport within the next 3-6 months with a 5AT and the Triton's 165HP* EuroIV 2.5L. I'd also speculate that the VIGO 3.0L will get a 171 HP EuroIV compatible donk soon with 5AT, and the Fortuner will follow shortly thereafter..But I'd only be guessing :D

It all depends on who-does-what and what response is deemed necessary to retain/gain market share...

* Why Mitsubishi have de-tuned the Euro-IV 4D56 2.5L from 178HP to 165HP for the Thai market escapes me... Perhaps they fear the Thai market will call BS to a Mitsu 2.5L that makes more power than a Toyota 3.0L? Maybe the "new" Euro4 diesel (i.e. not V-power) we're soon to see isn't entirely up to scratch? :yellowcard:

Balls. Just ordered a 3.0 Vigo MT 4x4 with an expected 30-40 day delivery..

Do you know the price of the new Ranger? Is it just the top model being released early? Looks like it has an equivalent of the top Vigo's VLC too... Maybe have to cancel and go talk to Ford.

Nope, but it's a gimme the top-spec will be priced somewhere around it's competition (i.e. 900K-1M).

Also note that the first examples to come out may possibly only be available with the 2.2L engine - so far that's the only engine that's actually been seen in the car.. No confirmation on this ATM though.

Just checked with Ford Chiang Mai and they say no T6 this year. An update to existing model is coming in 2/3 weeks (reason for confusion - he said) but not the new model. The guy had just come back from Aus so think he knows the score - but he told me to check with Ford Thailand for confirmation.

Hi,

Any updated news on this? The local Ford dealer seems to have no additional information about this (probably has a lot of "old" Rangers in stock)

Just in..

solute field-day with the V-Power diesel, or maybe PTT has a new product to announce as well? ;)