New Cars Market In Thailand For 2010 And Beyond..

Visited my local Isuzu dealer today and they said new DMax is going to be released in October 2010. They were unsure of what changes there would be but seemed to think pick up would be slightly larger, have a new motor. and cost about 10 to 20k more!

This is news to me, I have been away for the past 13 days though ;)

As noted previously, the next all-new Isuzu models will be based on an upcoming Chev drivtrain & chassis, and that's definately not coming until next year as the factory that'll be assembling the engines hasn't finished being built yet..

If there is to be (yet another) change in October this year, I expect it will only be minor and I'm curious what they'll call it... extra super platinum? diamond encrusted titanium? unobtainium? hehee ;)

On a side note, the new Chev engines are looking really good (on paper).

• Like 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited my local Isuzu dealer today and they said new DMax is going to be released in October 2010. They were unsure of what changes there would be but seemed to think pick up would be slightly larger, have a new motor. and cost about 10 to 20k more!

As noted previously, the next all-new Isuzu models will be based on an upcoming Chev drivtrain & chassis, and that's definately not coming until next year as the factory that'll be assembling the engines hasn't finished being built yet..

If there is to be (yet another) change in October this year, I expect it will only be minor and I'm curious what they'll call it... extra super platinum? diamond encrusted titanium? unobtainium? hehee ;)

Izu recently released a model with black and red leather and red intrument lights, no name recalled though

The most recent 'nano' change to the D-Max is called the X-series and comes with red seats and a stripe on the bonnet. I'm sure the top models come with the Kenwood entertainment system incorporating ipod/usb connection/DVD/TV/Sat nav etc as found on Platinum/Super Platinum series.

In my opinion the current D-Max is excellent value for money, however its a case of balancing value for money with the expected new features which will no doubt come with the 2012 model. As it it gets closer to the launch of the 2012 D-Max expect the price of old stock to fall.

The most recent 'nano' change to the D-Max is called the X-series and comes with red seats and a stripe on the bonnet. I'm sure the top models come with the Kenwood entertainment system incorporating ipod/usb connection/DVD/TV/Sat nav etc as found on Platinum/Super Platinum series.

In my opinion the current D-Max is excellent value for money, however its a case of balancing value for money with the expected new features which will no doubt come with the 2012 model. As it it gets closer to the launch of the 2012 D-Max expect the price of old stock to fall.

IMHO, any vehicle with 3 sensor ABS brakes and at least 10 more meters (30 feet) longer brakingdistance than competition is not excellent value for money.

• Like 1

As noted previously, the next all-new Isuzu models will be based on an upcoming Chev drive train & chassis, and that's definitely not coming until next year as the factory that'll be assembling the engines hasn't finished being built yet.

Ha-Ha-Ha, 'Diamond encrusted Titanium'...that's a good one!

....According the updated chart, isn't the D-Max suppose to have its major face lift to the Rt-50 named platform beginning in the 2011 model year which (supposedly) are due to be released this October?

.......say it ain't so Joe (MRO)! The dependable workhouse Isuzu 3.0 engine / drive train has been my co - #1 reason (plus its luxurious and spacious seating for 7 adults) for hanging with the MU-7!

IMHO, any vehicle with 3 sensor ABS brakes and at least 10 more meters (30 feet) longer braking distance than competition is not excellent value for money.

.......hit us at our vulnerable point! To make it worse, I can't even convert its rear drum brakes to disc w/o losing what ABS there is(?)..........but other than on water-slippery roads, wouldn't ABS, (especially the lowly 3 sensor types), not really be missed here in everyday normal driving conditions in LOS?

Edited by Ahnsahn

Ha-Ha-Ha, 'Diamond encrusted Titanium'...that's a good one!

....According the updated chart, isn't the D-Max suppose to have its major face lift to the Rt-50 named platform beginning in the 2011 model year which (supposedly) are due to be released this October?

Thai manufacturers work on standard Gregorian calendar years, not the American (minus a year and sometimes two) MY system, so 2011 actually means 2011 ;) It's not necessary to fudge the years on cars in TH in order to get sales as they're always the year in which they get their white plates.

.......say it ain't so Joe (MRO)! The dependable workhouse Isuzu 3.0 engine / drive train has been my co - #1 reason (plus its luxurious and spacious seating for 7 adults) for hanging with the MU-7!

Sure, there'sa lot to be said about a trusty old design and the reliability they can squeeze out of it with a few revisions, but there's just no way to improve the current engines' mediocre NVH and already outdated specific power output (i.e. HP:Litre) to compete against the next generation of commonrail engines on the horizon..

if you need lots of space and luxury in an SUV form factor, the Audi Q7 has just had a minor change in Thailand.. It's still not quite as good to drive as the X5 xDrive30d (which has also just been updated), but if space is your primary concern the Q7 makes a MU-7/Fortuner/PJS look more like a Yaris :D

Manufacturers revise and improve products throughout their life cycle. The new Isuzu D-Max will no doubt have better brakes. The last Vigo was extremely dangerous and was the only Los pickup to fail the Elk test as a result of its dangerous handling in extreme conditions. I guess thats why they fitted VSC to the current model (only top spec) and EBD (only top spec) and added passenger airbags to more models as only top spec models had them in the past. So back to the posters question wait and look at the improvements available on the new model and make your choice.

Sure, there's a lot to be said about a trusty old design and the reliability they can squeeze out of it with a few revisions, but there's just no way to improve the current engines' mediocre NVH and already outdated specific power output (i.e. HP:Liter) to compete against the next generation of commonrail engines on the horizon..

if you need lots of space and luxury in an SUV form factor, the Audi Q7 has just had a minor change in Thailand.. It's still not quite as good to drive as the X5 xDrive30d (which has also just been updated), but if space is your primary concern the Q7 makes a MU-7/Fortuner/PJS look more like a Yaris :D

......finishing the analogy: ("....if space is your primary concern, the Q7 makes a MU-7 look more like a Yaris) but, for the 'price' for a Q7, a MU-7 would be free!

The Q7 looks to be all that I personally want: It has 6 spd trans, red seats (take 'that' 2011 D-Max upgrade), nice overall styling with a rear fascia that resembles that of the Pajero GT but its price tag left my jaw hanging!

So, for the 1,2xx,xxx Baht (after all the discounts) price for the MU-7 and only 'slightly' holding ones nose, IMHO, the MU-7 is a good overall value buy.

I am so anxious to see how much improvement is in the new (RT-50) platform: 4 wheel disc brakes, rear coils, cruise control and power seat options for starters?

Who will be the first to post the complete specs and options (with photos) for the 2011 D-Max and MU-7?

......finishing the analogy: ("....if space is your primary concern, the Q7 makes a MU-7 look more like a Yaris) but, for the 'price' for a Q7, a MU-7 would be free!

The Q7 looks to be all that I personally want: It has 6 spd trans, red seats (take 'that' 2011 D-Max upgrade), nice overall styling with a rear fascia that resembles that of the Pajero GT but its price tag left my jaw hanging!

Yes, the entry barrier is steep, but the resale values also (mostly) scale too ;)

So, for the 1,2xx,xxx Baht (after all the discounts) price for the MU-7 and only 'slightly' holding ones nose, IMHO, the MU-7 is a good overall value buy.

Absolutely. All of the Thai made PPV's are fantastic value for money - no question.

I am so anxious to see how much improvement is in the new (RT-50) platform: 4 wheel disc brakes, rear coils, cruise control and power seat options for starters?

Who will be the first to post the complete specs and options (with photos) for the 2011 D-Max and MU-7?

Considering the competition PPV's already have these features (except for rear discs - but the export versions have these in some circumstances) I'd say your wish-list is a gimme.

I'm more excited about the next generation having hybrid drivetrains, improved safety features (more airbags, xDrive-like traction control, higher tensile steels etc) and other things like dual-clutch gearboxes with more speeds, proper multi-zone aircon, proper parking assists, auto-levelling suspension/lights, auto windscreen wipers etc..

As for leaking specs, it'll be a while - it's all still on the drawing boards according to my sources..

Manufacturers revise and improve products throughout their life cycle. The new Isuzu D-Max will no doubt have better brakes. The last Vigo was extremely dangerous and was the only Los pickup to fail the Elk test as a result of its dangerous handling in extreme conditions. I guess thats why they fitted VSC to the current model (only top spec) and EBD (only top spec) and added passenger airbags to more models as only top spec models had them in the past. So back to the posters question wait and look at the improvements available on the new model and make your choice.

yepp Vigo was updated with better brakes, suspension and VSC in 2008

D Max still has the same brakes as introduced in 2002, and they where dated at that time. Is there any other 4-wheel vehicle for sale in LOS with only 3 ABS sensors?

Some quick updates...

The 2012 Honda Civic has been spotted in North American test mule guise.

Mitsubishi are offering 0% interest with 25% down and 36 months repayments an all Lancer EX models until the end of September 2010. They're also throwing in free GPS navigation and 1-year first class insurance. Pajero Sport is still available at 1.69% interest with free insurance and reversing camera until August 31st, and Triton continues to be available with 0.99% interest, free insurance and reversing camera until the 31st of August as well. Don't worry too much if you're not able to take advantage of the above offers as there's no sign of the low-interest campaigns abating this year ;)

The recently Facelifted Toyota Corolla Altis sells 3,500 units in it's first week - proving you can teach an old dog new tricks..

Quickly running out of both ideas and product names, Isuzu launches a nationwide contest for students to come up with fresh new marketing spin to get them through the next year until the new Chev-sourced models hit the streets. Dubbed the "Isuzu Marketing Brains Challenge", the contest is open to all students with 1M Baht in prizes on offer.

The Mazda 3 received yet another (very) minor change earlier this month in order to keep sales of the outdated model flowing along until it's (long overdue) replacement arrives next year.

The recently Facelifted Toyota Corolla Altis sells 3,500 units in it's first week - proving you can teach an old dog new tricks..

Big thank you to Toyota LOS finally replacing dated engines and 4 speed slushers in Corolla Altis, with same engines as in US and EU, and more modern autos:P

Mercedes Benz LOS has replaced the 2143cc C220CDi with the 2143cc C250CDi. Twin turbos and Commonrail IV pushes hp to 204 and tourque to 500Nm. Making the diesel fastest C class available in LOS doing 0-100 kmh in only 7 seconds. Lack of particelfilter and reprogrammed ECU makes it possible to run LOS Euro III diesel. aint no bargain at 3.099.000 baht:(

Toyota still best selling pickup in LOS, Nissan fallen down from 3rd to 4th place beaten by Mitsu.

Nissan (March) and Mazda (2+3) huge increase in sale of cars:) , still only 1/4 against Toyota though

Sale of pickups and cars is now equal, and total LOS market 2010 seems to reach 750.000 units:D

Edited by katabeachbum

Some quick updates...

Quickly running out of both ideas and product names, Isuzu launches a nationwide contest for students to come up with fresh new marketing spin to get them through the next year until the new Chev-sourced models hit the streets. Dubbed the "Isuzu Marketing Brains Challenge", the contest is open to all students with 1M Baht in prizes on offer.

......that's both fascinating for the company yet foreboding for any soon-to-be-owner of a 2011 model.

It's good that the company is trying to stay relevant but it should be 'trying to stay relevant' by not just looking at the short-sighted bottom-line and coming up with gimmicks to get through this model year, but by letting the specifications and features of its vehicles speak loud and clear for it.....even if this is the 'last year' for this design.....they want to be a contender and sell vehicles don't they?

But the real world of business doesn't generally work along those principles.

I'm actually, and admittedly, selfishly, hoping that I can find something in the 2011/2012 next generation models that doesn't fancy my tastes so that I can be more comfortable with buying a 2010/2011 model MU-7 only because I must buy a car now. If the reverse were to be true and I found the new generation models to be very appealing and have many, if not all, the features that I spelled out above, I will really be in a pickle because I would probably be faced with the prospect of having to try to sell a year old 'last-generation' version MU-7 (at a depreciated lost) and having to buy a higher priced 2012 model.....

Izu recently released a model with black and red leather and red instrument lights, no name recalled though

......black and red leather and red instrument lights works for me, it would help put the thought of the lowly 3 sensor ABS system to the back of (but not out of) my mind.

Big thank you to Toyota LOS finally replacing dated engines and 4 speed slushers in Corolla Altis, with same engines as in US and EU, and more modern autos:P

What are the specifics of the facelift change?

Also, what 'new engines' are available on this new version of the Altis?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Updated Engine range:

• 3ZR-FE 2000cc 145HP/187Nm (revised output to suit CVT - previously 141HP/189Nm)
  • 2ZR-FE 1800cc 140HP/173Nm (replaces 1ZZ-FE 132HP/170Nm)
  • 1ZR-FE 1600cc 122HP/154Nm (replaces 3ZZ-FE 109HP/145Nm)

1800cc and 2000cc models now sold with a 7-Speed CVT gearbox (previously a torque converter 4-speed).

Customer deliveries of the new Ford Fiesta to begin tomorrow, so out into customer hands within the next week or two:

12082010021.jpg

12082010022.jpg

12082010023.jpg

2011/12 Ford Everest

post-42643-068198800 1282436868_thumb.jp

2011/12 New Ford Ranger Thailand

post-42643-059138700 1282437093_thumb.jp

post-42643-070964600 1282437118_thumb.jp

The first image is pretty obviously a photoshop (looks like a Fortuner with a 2009 Ranger front end), and the pickup images are the "Ranger Max" concept car built for the 2008 Motor Show, not the 2011/12 model I'm afraid :(

http://www.ford.co.t...e=FTH&c=DFYPage

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

New Face for Honda 2012 ?

post-42643-070929500 1282438304_thumb.jp

All new CRV + by 2013 a diesel one in Thailand

All New 2012 Civic

All new 2012 ? smaller than Jazz

That's the Honda eco-car concept, displayed in the flesh back in March 2010 @ the motor show, and scheduled for release this November..

Here's some spy pics of the 2011 Honda Civic for those interested:

post-80026-020870700 1282439095_thumb.jp

post-80026-004208900 1282439102_thumb.jp

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The first image is pretty obviously a photoshop (looks like a Fortuner with a 2009 Ranger front end)

As for the Everest try MEDIA.FORD.COM

Also Australian Auto news

post-42643-030744300 1282439675_thumb.jp

post-42643-037131100 1282439694_thumb.jp

That the next generation North American Ford Explorer, which will probably never make it's way to Thai shores given the duties and taxes it would attract (would have to sell for > 4M Baht). The next generation Thai market Ford Everest (built on a totally different platform to the Explorer) is rumoured to be receiving some hand-me-down tech from the current generation Explorer though..

The first image is pretty obviously a photoshop (looks like a Fortuner with a 2009 Ranger front end)

That the next generation North American Ford Explorer, which will probably never make it's way to Thai shores given the duties and taxes it would attract (would have to sell for > 4M Baht). The next generation Thai market Ford Everest (built on a totally different platform to the Explorer) is rumoured to be receiving some hand-me-down tech from the current generation Explorer though..

Yes in the Philippines Auto news they call it the 'all-new Explorer' A new V6 engine is expected to give drivers 20% more fuel economy with a 30% improvement from the 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine despite producing 237bhp and 250lb ft of torque from 1700-4000rpm.

Depends where you look it appears on some sites, as the 'new Everest' on other new Explorer, others again as the replacement to the Everest

Depends where you look it appears on some sites, as the 'new Everest' on other new Explorer, others again as the replacement to the Everest

The sites that are calling it the Everest are just confused ;)

OK Ford Malaysia and the Philippines have got it wrong, why do people post wrong/confusing info ?

'the all-new Ranger will be built on a single “T6” global platform

Underpinned by the “T6” platform, the new Ranger will probably be longer and wider than the current Ranger, and will be launched either in 2011 or 2012, carrying a range of duratorq diesel engines currently in use.'

You say the new Ranger is already in Thailand.. confusing to say the least.

The 'new' Everest will use the same "T6" platform, but this appears to be utter rubbish also ?

Thanks!

Updated Engine range:

• 3ZR-FE 2000cc 145HP/187Nm (revised output to suit CVT - previously 141HP/189Nm)
  • 2ZR-FE 1800cc 140HP/173Nm (replaces 1ZZ-FE 132HP/170Nm)
  • 1ZR-FE 1600cc 122HP/154Nm (replaces 3ZZ-FE 109HP/145Nm)

1800cc and 2000cc models now sold with a 7-Speed CVT gearbox (previously a torque converter 4-speed).

simply more power and less fuel:)

CNG car still keeps old 1,6 at 109hp (when running petrol) since its been moded for LOS to survive CNG

The sites that are calling it the Everest are just confused ;)

OK Ford Malaysia and the Philippines have got it wrong, why do people post wrong/confusing info ?

'the all-new Ranger will be built on a single "T6" global platform

Underpinned by the "T6" platform, the new Ranger will probably be longer and wider than the current Ranger, and will be launched either in 2011 or 2012, carrying a range of duratorq diesel engines currently in use.'

You say the new Ranger is already in Thailand.. confusing to say the least.

The 'new' Everest will use the same "T6" platform, but this appears to be utter rubbish also ?

I never said the new Ranger was already in Thailand, you posted a pic of a 2008 concept car stating it was the new model, and I simply corrected that. Go back a read my posts over again, and you'll see the only confusion here has been introduced by you and/or sites you've been visiting ;)

Have another read of the timeline I've already posted - I can assure you everything in there is correct ;)

And yes, the new Everest will be based on the new Ranger, and both are being built on the new T6 platform, which comes late 2011. Neither have any relationship to the Ford Explorer though.

Edit: To clarify even further the "Ranger Max" concept car in 2008 was never intended to indicate what the next generation was going to look like, rather it was concept for the next "Ranger Wildtrack" model

Hope that all helps :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Yes in the Philippines Auto news they call it the 'all-new Explorer' A new V6 engine is expected to give drivers 20% more fuel economy with a 30% improvement from the 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine despite producing 237bhp and 250lb ft of torque from 1700-4000rpm.

Ford has stated clearly Explorer will not be availbale in LOS.

Is the October 2010 release date still a go for the D-Max? Has any one been updated about the new changes or availability date?