Retirement Visa Banks Issue

Can one use HSBC as the choice of banks concerning the 800,000 baht for retirement visa?

Also when combining Pension and Bank for retirement visa-

(Example 500,000 baht pension and 300,000 in bank )-does the money in the bank still have to be in the bank 2 month's before applying for the Visa??

Or does using the pension override that regulation?

Thanks for help

Yes, you can use HSBC IF your funds are deposited in the HSBC in this country.

While most of my funds are in HSBC America, I have an American dollar account and a Thai Baht account here in Thailand for this very purpose.

One caution....I haven't been out to Chang Wattana yet, but I imagine there is not a branch there, so how to HSBC'ers do the paperwork part when they need the balance statement of that day?

HSBC office is in Rama 4. Arrange to collect the paperwork at opening time, then run up to Chaengwattana, it would be easy to accomplish it in one day, but you'd need to talk to the bank a day or two in advance to have the paperwork ready.

I think a Thai bank would be better, I recently attain a retirement visa and not through any agence, did it myself, I had the correct amount of money in a Thai bank for over three months, Statuary Declaration from the Australia Embassy for prove the amount of pension I receive from Australia, and a letter from Centerlink showing my pension for each month, letter from my bank to prove I had the money in the bank over three months, I had the combination of the two, 36,000 Baht pension and 536,000 Baht in the bank, it is much better to leave my money in my Australia bank as it a lot more interest, Thailand pays nothing, it was well over the 800,000 Baht recuired, I had all the copies of the passport and everything in order, this was in September last year, the officer I was dealing with informed me everything was correct and to come back in ten days to have my passport stamped, I came back to have the passport stamped, the officer when away and put the stamp in the passport, the officer then said they had given me a 90 visa and I should come back again one month before this visa expired, the reason was so they could see that the money I had in the Thai bank was still there when I next applied for the retirement visa in two months time, the next time I had to do all the documents and everything the all over again, this time after the officer checked everything and was satisfied it was all in order he asked me to go down to the lower floor to my Bank, the Kasikoren Bank or as he called it the Farmers Bank, I had to put 500 Baht in my account and get the bank to copy my bank book and bring it back to him, , after all this he then gave me the retirement visa, so this is why a Thai bank would be best. they will want you to prove the money in the bank there and then, I first applied on the 11th of Sep and received the retiement visa on 30th of November, and had to go through it all twice.

Just when and reported for the fist time last Thursday, must report every 90 days back at the same place, this is easy once you do it the first time. hope this helps.