Extreme Burning .. Report Center ..? Tel #..?

annabel

I am so disgusted ... I live in Saraphi where the burning is rampant and to top it all, my neighbor down the road who just built a huge new house for her and her mother are burning all kinds of rubbish including cans of paint (Left over from the recent construction) , Plastics of all kinds and at 6 pm it flames up like a dragon breathing on all of us and we are literally choking to death.

My neighbors ( All Thai) have gone over numerous times to put the fire out themselves and speak to her... she claims it is the top developer guy who is doing it but tonite my neighbors who called on me to also go and talk to her says she is the one who started the fire today ... the whole small neighborhood were choking away // it was terrible ..!

The lady we spoke to was an elderly lady being the mother of the owner who is ....= the F&B manager at the Shangrila hotel !!! Can't believe these people who are supposedly educated can do this ....

Anyway last year TV had a tel # one could call to report people burning illegally and I don't know why this year when it is at it's worst that this te; # hasn't been posted again so we can report these people... or is it that the # given last year was totally useless as is the way the Chiang Mai government is controlling this total current situation and the super bad air we have now for the past weeks ???

Whatever , is there a tel # to report to this year ..? If so please kindly let me know

just nip over to the local cop shop! sorry.. no help

or...

just suffer, and stay the hel_l out of it! (my opinion)

or

talk to the head of your village - that might be the safest option - thats if you are in a moobaan of course

or tell the head of your village if its not stpped, you will deduct the cost of 24/7 aircon from the waterbill - thats the leverage i use. (didnt work, but caused enough hassle for me to feel satisfied)

Edited by whiterussian

There is a hotline for excessive burning. The number is 1362. I believe that this number is to report people who are burning their fields but it could also be for rubbish like you mentioned. However; I have called and reported people several times and have yet to see any official come and check into it. Good luck.

There is a hotline for excessive burning. The number is 1362. I believe that this number is to report people who are burning their fields but it could also be for rubbish like you mentioned. However; I have called and reported people several times and have yet to see any official come and check into it. Good luck.

Also tried it a couple of times but it seems to yet another pointless exercise as you pointed out there was no response. Asked a couple of Thai friends at one time to try and they simply laughed at the futility. TIT

As a foreigner, I would stay out of it (the talking or reporting thay is)...

As a progressive person, find out what her gabage waste stream consists of and see if you can find various recycling centers for each source...

The problem with my advice is I seriously doubt that any recycling infrastructure worth a dam_n exists at this stage...

The simple answer is take a vacation to hua hin every year during this time...

Yes, it doesn't solve the problem environmentally or health-wise...

I guess it's time I put my waste management skills to work..My company will be called 'waste-busters"..

CB

My wife just did a quick search for me after reading the OP's post and came up with some numbers to try.

อนึ่ง หากพบการเผาในพื้นที่เกษตรกรรม การเผาในพื้นที่ที่มีเอกสารสิทธิ์ ที่รกร้างว่างเปล่า เผาขยะ กิ่งไม้ใบไม้ตามบ้านเรือนและไฟป่า สามารถแจ้งผ่านศูนย์บริการ (Call Canter) ได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ดังนี้

ศูนย์ รับเรื่องร้องเรียนปัญหามลพิษอากาศ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5340-9345

ศูนย์ แจ้งเหตุไฟป่า หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5381-8207

องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัด เชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5389-1500 ต่อ 199

เทศบาลนครเชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5323-4444

หรือที่ตำรวจภูธรจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 191 จึงขอแจ้งทราบทั่วกัน

In case you read Thai you're all set. If you don't, the first one is a consumer protection number for air pollution.

The second is for forest fires.

The third is Or Boh Joh, one level bigger than Or Boh Toh.

Good luck

Thanks a lot...!!

I wanted the #'s for my Thai neighbor and a few other neighbors also Thai who are also very upset with this and who went over to the house to complain and request the owner to stop on 3 occasions. I only joined them the 3rd time they went and I don't speak Thai so I didn't say much other than help to put out the fire. I have no intention of getting involved but thought I could help by giving them the tel #'s and let them deal with the rest amongst themselves.

Thanks to all for the help and advice ...! :)

My wife just did a quick search for me after reading the OP's post and came up with some numbers to try.

อนึ่ง หากพบการเผาในพื้นที่เกษตรกรรม การเผาในพื้นที่ที่มีเอกสารสิทธิ์ ที่รกร้างว่างเปล่า เผาขยะ กิ่งไม้ใบไม้ตามบ้านเรือนและไฟป่า สามารถแจ้งผ่านศูนย์บริการ (Call Canter) ได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ดังนี้

ศูนย์ รับเรื่องร้องเรียนปัญหามลพิษอากาศ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5340-9345

ศูนย์ แจ้งเหตุไฟป่า หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5381-8207

องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัด เชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5389-1500 ต่อ 199

เทศบาลนครเชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 0-5323-4444

หรือที่ตำรวจภูธรจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ หมายเลขโทรศัพท์ 191 จึงขอแจ้งทราบทั่วกัน

In case you read Thai you're all set. If you don't, the first one is a consumer protection number for air pollution.

The second is for forest fires.

The third is Or Boh Joh, one level bigger than Or Boh Toh.

Good luck