1 Year B Multiple Entry Yields 15 Months?

I am an American over 50 years of age not interested yet in retiring in Thailand.

I was given a one year B visa at the consulate in Houston, Texas. Since I was given inaccurate information from the visa desk at that consulate, I want the Grand Masters of this forum to enlighten me.

According to the consulate, the one year B visa will be renewed for 3 additional months upon my last 12 month reentry in the Kingdom.

The stamp on the visa reads: "This visa must be utilized before June 16 2010."

My question is: if (based on the Consulate information) I exit Thailand say June 14th. and return June 15th. Will I be allowed in Thailand for 3 more months? This is an example, of course.

What I am trying to ascertain is how do I have to do it to get those extra 3 months on my One Year B, multiple entry visa.

I am aware that several members of this forum are exceedingly learned on this and other subjects. I am also greatly gratified by the level of empathy and friendship displayed in the many helpful links and opinions I read in this website.

I thank you all for making my stay in Thailand more easier, pleasurable and safer.

May God bless you all!

Pisico :)

Hi guys, I'm basically in the same boat as the OP, but I have a TYPE 'O' visa. My visa says it should be utilized before may 12th. I just got my visa stamp today, march28th. When I was up at the boarder in mae sai, the woman said I have to come back before May 12th. Did she mean if i wanted to get another 90 days? I had my wife speak with her, and my wife told me she said i have to leave by may 12th.

I don't think it all matters because I have a plane scheduled to leave on may 12th, but I'm debating whether I want to stay for longer. Was the woman at the border wrong? Did she and my wife have a misunderstanding?

I always go back to the US every year and renew my visa around this time. Limit flight availabilities have me leaving on the 12th, without many other options out of chiangmai.

Tx.

You do not have to leave until the date stamped in your passport. The Immigration officer was telling you if you wanted a new 90 day stay to cross border on May 11th or before to obtain it. Your wife misunderstood. But don't tell her that.