Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

Agreed, the current red shirt leaders rhetoric doesn't need to be compared to the Nazis; it stands on its own, and is very violent and truly disgusting, they are clearly inciting civil war. They should all be arrested ASAP; they would be in any civilized country.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm more flaming. Though I have certainly heard plenty of what you are describing from the Red stage over the last few weeks.

ORLY?

Shall we take a small trip down the "history of jdinasia, animatic, and yoshiwara postings"?

Bigotry

hypocrisy

and lies

Redrum!

Well you seem to have mastered the attack form.

Bigotry is totally incorrect and a flame.

Hypocrisy you repeatedly imply, but have never proved one jot of this accusation.

Hoping if you yell it long enough some fools might believe you?

Parsing words to your intent doesn't prove hypocrisy,

only the malleability of the English grammar.

Ah,

since you disagree with most of what we say,

so it's easy to think it's lies. It must be since it doesn't agree with you...

But in all your incarnations we have rarely agreed with you...

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, please try and be big about this.

JD and I can and do change with new information.

(Yoshi; I haven't observed long enough to give an opinion on this.)

But proving these 'lies' versus just saying over and over without contextual]

non-cherry-picked 'proofs' is not making a case nor diminishing our voices,

much as you seem intent at provoking our tempers to remove our voices from TVF.

As opposed to us just disagreeing with most all of your baiting.

Seems you have had so many bans you want to harass us into the same situation.

Your vitriolic temper is rather narrowly directed.

Edited by animatic

While they're out here messing up our city, why don't WE go to their farms and set their crops ablaze and burn everything they have to the ground? Now there's a thought. Might be enough to have em' scrambling back to where they SHOULD be ...

If you lived in the north you'd know they already burned everything before they headed for Bangkok.

You're not talking about the fires they use to clear the land for crops~?

Daymn.

BANGKOK (TNA) -- The leaders of Thailand's anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) on Sunday vowed to stay put in the capital’s prime commercial area, Rajprasong, and are set to rally at other locations in a show of defiance against a ban of the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

Looks like tomorrow is D day

Hi.

Hey this question may come through as off-topic - but certain circumstances demand that i get to both Panthip Plaza and Mahboonkrong ("MBK") tomorrow, by motorbike (BTS is available but not an option, my bike must reach both destinations). I will be coming from Bangna.

Will the reds let me through there (usual way Rama IV - Rajdamri - Phetchaburi Rd.) if i wear a red t-shirt? Or have the cops got the roads blocked further away from the rally site? I want to take a few pictures of the spectacle there, too, while i'm in the area.

If that fails - what is an alternative route to reach the places in that order - Panthip plaza -> MBK..? Phetchaburi Rd. usable towards Panthip? (usually the cops restrict the last bit before the Rajdamri-Phetchaburi intersection, letting only buses go there, fining everyone else who dares).

Would appreciate some advice from someone who's been there recently (i.e. today).

Kind regards....

Thanh

BANGKOK (TNA) -- The leaders of Thailand's anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) on Sunday vowed to stay put in the capital's prime commercial area, Rajprasong, and are set to rally at other locations in a show of defiance against a ban of the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

if the gov't has K-rails up the reds will just pick a new part of town to threaten and bypass Silom and Chinatown.

It would make it easier to snatch the leadership if they decide to spread themselves out again. At the very least, they need to grab arisman and sae daeng.

I believe they cannot afford to let the reds get anywhere near BKK Bank's headquarters or elsewhere in the Banking/Business district.

Edited by jdinasia

I believe it will all come to a head tomorrow. Abhisit has been backed into a corner.

The worst problem with Thailand is its inability (fear) to enforce the law. The Government should really take the offensive and move on the crowd in the middle of the night. Instead they are going to wait for them to be prepared and looking for a fight as they come to these road blocks. They have made clear they will not obey the law and will fight. It also would seem clear that they have weapons and are ready and looking for a fight.

Protesters in other countries may decide to occupy places they shouldn't but they also know the result will be arrest and are willing to face this to be heard. These Reds just appear to be thugs. Regardless of what has happened in the past, it is time the Thailand government shows they have the ability to protect its capital from unruly mobs.

Hmmmmmm more flaming. Though I have certainly heard plenty of what you are describing from the Red stage over the last few weeks.

ORLY?

Shall we take a small trip down the "history of jdinasia, animatic, and yoshiwara postings"?

Bigotry

hypocrisy

and lies

Redrum!

Hypocrisy you repeatedly imply, but have never proved on jot of this accusation,

hoping if you yell it long enough some fools might believe you?

Ah since you disagree with most of what we say,

so it's easy to think it's lies.

But proving that versus just saying over and over without of context 'proofs'

is not making a case nor diminishing our voices, much as you seem intent

at removing out voices from TVF.

As opposed to just disagreeing with most of your baiting.

dribble + drabble = driable, imo

Diminish your voice? Nope. not interested. Highlighting your fallacies, lies, and hypocrisy? Yep, interested.

In fact, keep shouting loud and hard. It makes your lies even more transparent and easily refuted.

Tis your side of the argument that conducts itself with personal attack a and baiting.

You can't debate honestly so you try and bait those you can't defeat in rational argument in some hope that you can cry to a mod and get voice silenced who dare disagree with you and your cabal of "righteous purveyors of the ONLY and CORRECT TRUTH."

Bigotry proven with your OWN posts. Constant and continuous dehumanizing comments about red protestors.

Hypocrisy proven several times in this thread alone with Jd's wholly inconsistent stance that violence is good for one side but not the other.

Lies proven in this thread WRT PAD "non violence" and PAD airport seizures.

Hitler's little helper.

Assinine..................

<deleted> has Germany 60 years ago got to do with this ???

F stupid remark.

I agree , people tend to get so frustrated about a situation they can do nothing about ,

they turn into stupid remarks to compare their little minded whatever they are .

To compare him with Hitler is totally disrespect towards all of the millions killed in the WW2.

Says enough of their level of arguing at this forum . And even more that they allow it ( moderators ).

Besides, Hitler was a far better public speaker. :)

Add ironically absurd smiley above....

Edited by animatic

MellowYellow:

From what I can read from your post, you support the shot down of the Asean summit, the songkran violance, closinging down shopping area and streets, speaches treatning other poeple wit violance?

MellowYellow:

From what I can read from your post, you support the shot down of the Asean summit, the songkran violance, closinging down shopping area and streets, speaches treatning other poeple wit violance?

Sounds equally like you support closing the airports, closing shopping areas, closing govt buildings, speeches threatening people with violence and actually carrying out violence like the yellows did. :)

No I don´t! Do you support any of this?

Since their hero Thaksin has denied it was the reds who broke up the Asean summit, they do not feel the need to support it.

Since their hero Thaksin has denied that it was the reds who beat up the Bangkok locals last Songkran, again they do not feel the need to support it.

However they do support their hero Thaksin the liar.

And in support of their unstinting efforts the last few days to paint the reds as an essentially non-violent peaceful outfit and not Thaksin's gofers...

This nice little video exists to support the Thaksin apologist position.

Well at least the pumped up one.

Edited by yoshiwara

ORLY?

Bigotry

hypocrisy

and lies

Redrum!

Hypocrisy you repeatedly imply, but have never proved on jot of this accusation,

hoping if you yell it long enough some fools might believe you?

Ah since you disagree with most of what we say,

so it's easy to think it's lies.

But proving that versus just saying over and over without of context 'proofs'

is not making a case nor diminishing our voices, much as you seem intent

at removing out voices from TVF.

As opposed to just disagreeing with most of your baiting.

dribble + drabble = driable, imo

Diminish your voice? Nope. not interested. Highlighting your fallacies, lies, and hypocrisy? Yep, interested.

In fact, keep shouting loud and hard. It makes your lies even more transparent and easily refuted.

Tis your side of the argument that conducts itself with personal attack a and baiting.

You can't debate honestly so you try and bait those you can't defeat in rational argument in some hope that you can cry to a mod and get voice silenced who dare disagree with you and your cabal of "righteous purveyors of the ONLY and CORRECT TRUTH."

Bigotry proven with your OWN posts. Constant and continuous dehumanizing comments about red protestors.

Hypocrisy proven several times in this thread alone with Jd's wholly inconsistent stance that violence is good for one side but not the other.

Lies proven in this thread WRT PAD "non violence" and PAD airport seizures.

Agree

BANGKOK (TNA) -- The leaders of Thailand's anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) on Sunday vowed to stay put in the capital's prime commercial area, Rajprasong, and are set to rally at other locations in a show of defiance against a ban of the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

if the gov't has K-rails up the reds will just pick a new part of town to threaten and bypass Silom and Chinatown.

It would make it easier to snatch the leadership if they decide to spread themselves out again. At the very least, they need to grab arisman and sae daeng.

I believe they cannot afford to let the reds get anywhere near BKK Bank's headquarters or elsewhere in the Banking/Business district.

You are living on another planet if you think they can get control of the government or cause a coup. This is simply an action to get the government to react with force and hopefully require the use of military. This is what Thaksin needs and wants and his sheep appear to have no problem with being led to a slaughter. Problem is the gov't has not reacted so far and have bent over backwards for this mod and its leaders in BKK. So, Thaksin will get no sympathy or support from the military forcing an end to this illegal and unruly mob ... especially since it will be the reads who try to push through police tomorrow.

Sad but true .. I know many Thais who had no issues with the Reds coming down to protest but will now be cheering if the government gets tough with them. Even sadder is people who I never thought ever would speak a mean word have actually told me they hope all the Reds get killed. I'm sure they didn't mean it but just shocking to hear such words and a real indicator people are getting fed up with the insanity, threats of violence, hurting Thailand as a whole and being deprived of their freedom.

Ok. I'm down for calming the debate atween me and you a bit.

Can I ask the question?

Where would be an acceptable location for them to continue their protest peacefully?

Also, how long would be an acceptable timeframe for them to continue the demonstration, as long as they remained peaceful. (I'd prefer not to get into a semantics debate over what "remaining peaceul" means. Let's just assume a reasonable standard of NOT engaging in any organized violence)

Before you address it , I shall repeat my stance that violence on either side is wrong and I do NOT support any of the retarded inflaming calls to violence or inferences to it by some red leaders.

Hi.

Hey this question may come through as off-topic - but certain circumstances demand that i get to both Panthip Plaza and Mahboonkrong ("MBK") tomorrow, by motorbike (BTS is available but not an option, my bike must reach both destinations). I will be coming from Bangna.

Will the reds let me through there (usual way Rama IV - Rajdamri - Phetchaburi Rd.) if i wear a red t-shirt? Or have the cops got the roads blocked further away from the rally site? I want to take a few pictures of the spectacle there, too, while i'm in the area.

If that fails - what is an alternative route to reach the places in that order - Panthip plaza -> MBK..? Phetchaburi Rd. usable towards Panthip? (usually the cops restrict the last bit before the Rajdamri-Phetchaburi intersection, letting only buses go there, fining everyone else who dares).

Would appreciate some advice from someone who's been there recently (i.e. today).

Kind regards....

Thanh

Thanh check the maps I believe their IS a boat that stops right behind Pantip on a klong.

I know some go to work there that way.

Mellow Yellow is like an old record with a crisp, going on and on and on about PAD and the airport, but can´t answer a simple question: Do you support the closing of the Asean Summit, the Songkran violance, closing down shoppeing centra and streets?

Ok. I'm down for calming the debate atween me and you a bit.

Can I ask the question?

Where would be an acceptable location for them to continue their protest peacefully?

Also, how long would be an acceptable timeframe for them to continue the demonstration, as long as they remained peaceful. (I'd prefer not to get into a semantics debate over what "remaining peaceul" means. Let's just assume a reasonable standard of NOT engaging in any organized violence)

Before you address it , I shall repeat my stance that violence on either side is wrong and I do NOT support any of the retarded inflaming calls to violence or inferences to it by some red leaders.

Do you believe the government has a duty to uphold the law and use force if needed in apprehending to arrest uncooperative law breakers?

As for where the Reds can go to protest, back where they were before the moved into this area (as the PM has asked them to do). How long ... let them protest forever as long as they are not breaking the law and assembling in approved areas and agree to work with and keep officials informed of any marches and other things that might disrupt the lives of other citizens.

Edited by BKKer2010

Of course if they so choose they should be allowed to have their rallies indefinitely. In a place that does not disrupt the lives and livelihood of other people though. As far as marches forever, no, that is ridiculous. They disrupt people's lives and cost a lot of money to police and clean up. It is not reasonable to expect the people (who they claim to represent) to pay for their acting out forever. Again, what western democracy would allow big marches through their great cities ALL THE TIME, from the same group?

I agree , people tend to get so frustrated about a situation they can do nothing about ,

they turn into stupid remarks to compare their little minded whatever they are .

To compare him with Hitler is totally disrespect towards all of the millions killed in the WW2.

Says enough of their level of arguing at this forum . And even more that they allow it ( moderators ).

If you get offended by this simple comparison, I would avoid tuning in to any of the red shirt rhetoric since this clip was released.

Give me a break to compare a clip with the most horrific war ever is not a simple comparison ,

I thought considering your username you should know better , but I can understand your reasoning .

But doesn't make it right , like jingting wrote it Illike it better it stands on its own , as it should be ,

I would like to share my thoughts also on this topic , but some posters seem to forget some serious

Thailand's History , which this power struggle turned into , and what I'm not sure its wise to post here , I choose

not too , but what I do know is people suggesting Reds or Yellow it is all about , are so wrong .

Do you believe the government has a duty to uphold the law and use force if needed in apprehending to arrest uncooperative law breakers?

Simple answer, yes. I would qualify your statement to read ..."and use reasonable force..." But, essentially yes.

I advocated police clearing out the PAD protestors from Government house and the airports in 2008. I am not going to change tunes now that the group I support is the subject.

NOTE: I am also going to speciically agree with jdinasia on the point that the police using either untested or highly dangerous pseudo military technology such as the stuff that caused significant injury and likely at least 1 death during the PAD demonstrations, is straight up wrong.

As for where the Reds can go to protest, back where they were before the moved into this area (as the PM has asked them to do). How long ... let them protest forever as long as they are not breaking the law and assembling in approved areas and agree to work with and keep officials informed of any marches and other things that might disrupt the lives of other citizens.

I agree, however, I think a debate would rage long and hard over where is acceptable and legal.

Some argued back in 2008, seizing and camping out in government house was legal. I disagreed then and disagree now.

Some argued back in 2008, seizing airports was legal. I disagreed then and disagree now.

So how do we arrive at an an acceptable location and timeframe?

NOTE: I keep cutting out some of the earlier replies in quotes because I keep encountering a "too many quote boxes used" error from the forum.

edited to add a NOTE. 2342

Edited by MellowYellow

If you get offended by this simple comparison, I would avoid tuning in to any of the red shirt rhetoric since this clip was released.

Give me a break to compare a clip with the most horrific war ever is not a simple comparison ,

I thought considering your username you should know better , but I can understand your reasoning .

But doesn't make it right , like jingting wrote it Illike it better it stands on its own , as it should be ,

I would like to share my thoughts also on this topic , but some posters seem to forget some serious

Thailand's History , which this power struggle turned into , and what I'm not sure its wise to post here , I choose

not too , but what I do know is people suggesting Reds or Yellow it is all about , are so wrong .

Yes, you are right. It is all about Thaksin!

Of course if they so choose they should be allowed to have their rallies indefinitely. In a place that does not disrupt the lives and livelihood of other people though. As far as marches forever, no, that is ridiculous. They disrupt people's lives and cost a lot of money to police and clean up. It is not reasonable to expect the people (who they claim to represent) to pay for their acting out forever. Again, what western democracy would allow big marches through their great cities ALL THE TIME, from the same group?

My reply above covers the basics in reply to this.

But the same question arises: Where is acceptable? Wherever they go, someone will be disrupted and someone will ose money/income.

I think most of us on either side of the debate would respond to your last sentence, that this is NOT a western democracy. This is a very unique Thai democracy which includes many many elements which would not likely happen elsewhere, including but not limited to: semi-routine military coups, widescale corruption, vote buying, despotic "cults of personality" (yes I am calling Thaksin that along with his former running mate Sondhi), far reaching military influence in civilian affairs, widespread police corruption/ineptitude, seizures of government infrastructure by protestors, bloodlettings on public buildings, endless color coded groups all shouting they are the way forward, etc, etc, etc.

Taking all that in, I can't think of a reasonable analogy to another western democracy.

This is probably just coincidence, but has anyone noticed that Abhisit's father has a board seat, with Prem, at CP Group? And CP Group and Bangkok Bank (where he's on the board as well) provided financing for the PAD protests and airport takeovers?

This is probably just coincidence, but has anyone noticed that Abhisit's father has a board seat, with Prem, at CP Group? And CP Group and Bangkok Bank (where he's on the board as well) provided financing for the PAD protests and airport takeovers?

And maybe its just a further coincidence that in Thanong's blog today he says Red Shirts are getting funding from a major food supplier and a bank.

And maybe its just a further coincidence that in Thanong's blog today he says Red Shirts are getting funding from a major food supplier and a bank.

Should be perfectly acceptable then, right? Or are you suggesting that Abhisit & Co. are as corrupt as Thaksin & Co. allegedly are?

Please support your claim with ANY proof that CP or Bangkok Bank actually provided funds for the PAD.

Both are publicly traded companies aren't they?