Does Anyone Live Or Work Somewhere With A Clear View

Meridian007

I'm wondering if someone lives or works around there, if we could get together as a forum, and pay to set up a webcam and good internet connection so that we can watch what is going on down there? I'm sick of the government closing down the traffic cameras and red tv on one side, and the lies of tear gas and attack from the other.

I would love to see an apolitical view of just the street, so I can make my own decisions on what is going on, the numbers at the really, and the actions of both the protesters and the military/police.

I can also see everything. I ca see Central world looking deserted. But not too may Red shirt as of now may be later. I have hard time sleeping because some idiot is yelling all night about something.

One thing sure the Government is doing Shit

Thanks again for the updates. The last official one from George was at 9:37, talking about the arrest warrants, and I also watch the twitter account of a foreign journalist who works for the other paper, whose last twitter was also an hour ago, talking about troop movements from Prachanburi. You are another good source of news! Thanks!

I'm going to bed now, I hope all is relatively peaceful for you downtown tonight!

One thing sure the Government is doing Shit

A cab driver with lots of red memorabilia and hate speech on the radio, driving me to Rajaprarop asked me if I supported the reds...

Told him not even in dreams if I had any, which I don't thanks to their moron yelling all nights on the stage.

He obviously wasn't happy with my answer and refusal to accept a free red shirt (not that it would fit my size anyway) and hurried to explain that they are fighting for democracy, etc.

We finally agreed that we disagree on it, but understand each other's problems.

You were lucky that your cab driver was so open-minded in agreeing to disagree. You could one day be asked to leave the cab or being clobbered for not accepting his point of view. For me, I would just keep quiet and let him let out the steam and take his free red shirt as a small compensation for your huge inconvenience.

This site is great to read on the unique view of the historical spot. My greatest sympathy to all. I hope it can end quickly though I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel yet because the reds are now in the upper-hand. It can end only if the number of the reds overlooking from your window is dwindling. That is my only hope at the moment. So your comment on the size whether it is increasing or stable or dwindling would help me to decide on my stock investments locally whether bullish or bearish. Many thanks again to everyone!

Otherwise in entire central Bangkok, roads are very quiet. Barely any vehicles on the roads. Most have a red flag though...

Seriously? Even in Chiang Mai only a minority of cars have red flags. Relatively more tuk tuks and songthaews but you'd expect that.

Otherwise in entire central Bangkok, roads are very quiet. Barely any vehicles on the roads. Most have a red flag though...

Seriously? Even in Chiang Mai only a minority of cars have red flags. Relatively more tuk tuks and songthaews but you'd expect that.

Really? Here there was a sub-movement early on, (back at Phan Fa), to get people to tie a red scarf on their radio antenna. As cars tried to get past the entrance to Ratchadamnoen, they would be approached by red shirts on foot, and in many cases, the red shirts would just tie them on without asking.

I think people are keeping them on as insurance when they have to drive daily through the blockades, not many Bangkokians can afford to have a vintage Porsche damaged like the douchebag who drove his, (well, daddy's, to be honest), into the crowd. Most people are heavily in debt to own a car here, so they want to make sure it stays safe, and avoid conflict with a potentially unstable group.

--------------EDIT

Wow, great pics, tomazbodner! Are they all leaving? I wonder if the army can take control of the stage there now, and bring the downtown back to some semblance of normalcy!

Edited by Meridian007

THanks for the pics. Gives a good perspective.

as sympathetic as I am to the protestors, I have to admit that I might be tossing things at them from my balcony if they kept me up all night. I can see why some people want it to end and hopefully it does.

In the meantime, I hope all keep safe and out of harms way. Perhaps now is the time to stock up on essential rations.

Again, great pics! You may be seeing some action there soon, according to the twitters from the Nation's editor, your area seems to be preparing for the military to come. If they can get in there, and deconstruct the stages and everything fast enough, your life may go back to some sense of normalcy!

I have to agree. I think Abhisit may have a lot to worry about as we go into Songkran. If he's going to pull that rabbit out of his hat, he has to do it soon! It's such a pity, he is the closest thing Thailand has ever had to a western, progressive leader. :)

As I've said in many other threads, I feel sorry for Thailand.

If the army, police and government of this failed state cannot enforce the rule of law, then maybe the Yellows may be the next best thing. Fight anarchy with anarchy and see which state institutions are left standing afterwards.

Civil War? :)

Hmmm or put them on a football pitch together and let them go at it! :D

I must be getting tired! I've been looking at both of them, in the first vid I just see a cute girl, (cute from behind), slip and fall in the back of a truck she's dancing in. In the second vid I see a guy slip in the street and get helped up before he gets run over. What am I supposed to see?

It does look like a party down there! I feel sorry for you, at my place, the most noise I get is from howling dogs! I also don't understand why they are trying to keep people from the hospital. It's only called the police hospital, anyone is allowed to go there for treatment AFAIK. Stopping people from getting to a hospital is much worse in my books than stopping an airport...

Good luck tonight! I hope you get some sleep!