Thai Government Hangs By A Thread

webfact

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News worldwide (especially french speaking news) is leaning towards a support for the red shirts, completely ignoring their funding's and the motivation of their leaders.

Off course it is natural for all warm heart-ed people to feel compassion for the population fighting for democracy, as long as they ignore reality.

I have created a blog in French, English and Japanese to inform all friends and family we have in many countries and would like to inform them of the real motives from Taksin and his allies. I am also responding to articles in the press trying to counter balance the lies of the red leaders.

I would like to create a review of Taksin's pending cases in court, that should get some attention. I remember seeing it on TV but can not locate it. If anyone knows where this summary is, please point me to it.

Also if someone feels like they have some talent at producing a short summary of the evolution of this situation, I would appreciate the help.

I do not intend to publish the address of my blog here as there are too many nut cases that would come in and spill their hatred on it, not interested. I want to keep this civilised and informative of what the position of many of us here is, a full support of our government.

An oblective viewpoint

In its 2010 report, Human Rights Watch praised Abhisit's rhetoric but dismissed his record, noting, "The government continually undermined respect for human rights and due process of law in Thailand."

His record on censorship is not too hot either.

Think the reds have a point!

No they do not!!

lets have a reality check here.

There was a coup dethrowning Thaksin who was stealing the country blind. He had the support of those from Isaan because he bribed everybody there and paid them to vote for him. I think no one with an ounce of brain can argue that the coup was not necessary since Mr. T was about to place his supporters into important positions to make sure he could hang on to power. The army stopped him at the last moment.

With him in exile eventually, after 2 puppets of Mr. T, we got Abhisit who, being well educated and for a change someone who is not corrupt tried to improve things in Thailand. Change however is never easy , especially in a country where you have such divided interests and old interests like in Thailand. To succeed he would have to move patiently and carefully, especially with Mr. T doing everything he could and can to sabotage the new PM.

Yes, he was elected by parliament, probably because he was relatively young and those behind Thaksin were convinced he would fail anyway and quickly opening the road to new elections which would have been bought by Thaksin , opening the door for his return to take over the rains once again and to revive his cash machine.

When this did not happen because Abhisit proved to be good at his job, Mr. T started , with the aid of his cohorts, well we know them now as the red shirt leaders to undermine Abhisits efforts in bringing improvements to the country. He has had only a very short time in political terms and there are people here complaining that he did not achieve anything. Those people clearly have no idea how things work in politics and especially in a country like Thailand.

No one can change things here quickly there is way too much old, vested interest in the country. In part some things, especially up country are still in the middle ages, just look at the red shirts having witch doctors in to curse people and using excrement for their witches power. Should these people really decide the nations future? People who prostitute themselves for a few hundred baht and vote for the one paying them?

This is Asia and you can not force things to change. I must say that I admire him for his patience.

Now Thaksin is in full swing in his war, chasing his "soldiers" to the front because he knows that he can not keep up paying this private war indefinately and that his "soldiers" have a relatively short attention span. It is a win or loose situation with compromise being no option. He needs an outright win for him to return, being pardoned by a puppet government. First course of action would be to get rid of anyone who could endanger his rule, than he would quickly grab his money back and change the constitution to suite himself.

The current government has been forced into a situation, Abhisit tried everything to avoid and he has handled it with good statesmanship by being very, very patient. The leaders of the red shirts did everything possible to provoke him into action and only when they attacked parliament and increased their aggressive actions by throwing grenades etc.. did he declare a state of emergency but still restrained himself until Saturday when he was simply forced to act.

Now the reds have what they were asking for all along and try to use pictures of dead and wounded for their propaganda purposes. Inmy opinion , they will not succeed because their actions were too obvious and most sensible people realized what is going on except a few here who still bring up the yellow shirts. This was a fight against Thaksin and his forces, stopping him from taking over the country once again by having his henchmen controlling the government. Yes it was unpleasant with the airport closure etc.. but a necessary fight for the good of the country. I say this even though I lost one of my businesses due to this.

Lets hope the current fight against Thaksins terrorists will be won quickly and the country returned to normal. Elections will take place and hopefully by than Thaksin will have lost his support and may be, just may be those people in Isaan will vote for someone who's interest is foremost their country and not his own bankbook, may be they will stop prostituting themselves by taking money for their votes

I was just quoting Human Rights Watch which is a repected body because it makes fair judgements.

Your reply is just an opinionated rant thus easily ignored.

Now now there Somo, BK john is just one of many (JDinasia and jingthing come to mind) posters here who regularly post opinionated rants with very little knoweledge or facts, and yes most of these posters posts are easily ignored :)

tick tock tick tock tick tock...........................................

the countdown to the end of the democrats and quite rightly so.

There seem to be quite a few IQ challenged members here just like somo who listen to the red shirt propaganda without any knowledge of facts and than accuse those who quote facts of ........ and than there are the once who place such intellectually enlightened posts like the one above.... shouldn’t you chaps have some more lau kau and som tam ? to lighten up your day?

Facts are facts and no matter how much you and your fellow red shirts try, you can not bend them to your convenience. Best example is how the red shirts are now trying to blame the army for shooting the Japanese journalist .... this squirming and those attempts at bending the truth are sickening, but used by every band of terrorists al over the world. The red shirt leaders have taken their lessons directly from Al Queda and you idiots are defending them - if they should gain the upper hand and Thaksin comes back you may come to regret what you wished for......

Edited by BKjohn

I would say that after all of the attacks that the Red Shirts have made against the Thai nation its about time they were classified as domestic terriorists and treated accordingly?

I suspect that if you had armed mobs roaming the streets in any 1st world county the would be taken care of quite quickly. I have no problem with the goverment using lethal force against anyone setting off bombs, throwing grenades, or firing weapons at troops or non combatants.

There seem to be quite a few IQ challenged members here just like somo who listen to the red shirt propaganda without any knowledge of facts and than accuse those who quote facts of ........ and than there are the once who place such intellectually enlightened posts like the one above.... shouldn’t you chaps have some more lau kau and som tam ? to lighten up your day?

Facts are facts and no matter how much you and your fellow red shirts try, you can not bend them to your convenience. Best example is how the red shirts are now trying to blame the army for shooting the Japanese journalist .... this squirming and those attempts at bending the truth are sickening, but used by every band of terrorists al over the world. The red shirt leaders have taken their lessons directly from Al Queda and you idiots are defending them - if they should gain the upper hand and Thaksin comes back you may come to regret what you wished for......

Oh, all those press reports about the coalition partners now putting pressure on the government to dissolve parliament early must be wrong, thanks for clearing that up oh mighty knowledgeable one :)

sorry for the edit but I just red your comment about liking the reds to Al Queda (sic) and that does really deserve this :D Thank you for lightening the mood on such a sombre day for Thailand, I knew I could rely on someone to cheer me up, and it is usually the person that questions another intelligence and then goes on to post such utter nonsense.

Edited by tonywebster

Oh, all those press reports about the coalition partners now putting pressure on the government to dissolve parliament early must be wrong, thanks for clearing that up oh mighty knowledgeable one :)

sorry for the edit but I just red your comment about liking the reds to Al Queda (sic) and that does really deserve this :D Thank you for lightening the mood on such a sombre day for Thailand, I knew I could rely on someone to cheer me up, and it is usually the person that questions another intelligence and then goes on to post such utter nonsense.

of course those nimble minds will not admit any wrong on their side, just like Al Queda is adamant that they follow the Koran or the red shirts say they have a valued point in what they are doing - now lets end this and I'm delighted that I made you laugh - :D

Edited by BKjohn

<snip edit>

The government still seems to have the support of the coalition to change the consititution BEFORE any election.

Will that suit the reds (Thaksin) or not?

They have also mentioned elections "sooner" than 9 months.

6-7 months does not give the reds control of the army reshuffle, so once again, will that suit Thaksin or not?

<snip edit>

The government still seems to have the support of the coalition to change the consititution BEFORE any election.

6-7 months does not give the reds control of the army reshuffle, so once again, will that suit Thaksin or not?

Of course it will NOT - this is the reason why the reds refuse to negotiate with the government - good point - what some here do not understand or don't want to is the fact that the coup took place to stop Thaksin from removing anyone who was not with him from their posts in order to gain full control -

He also wants to move fast because every day this goes on is costing him a fortune

Edited by BKjohn

<snip edit>

However you want to dress it up, this government is a dead duck and will be gone sooner rather than later, they made sure of that over the weekend. they can amend the constitution but it will just be changed again as soon as the new government get in, and we all know why they are desperate to oversee the miltary reshuffle, so the right man is in place to put them back into power when they lose the next election.

the protest will continue, this is obvious, the change needs to be made now before this government does any more damage. someone sensible needs to take control until a new election, they need to oversee the budget and ONLY the budget, the other changes need to be made by an elected body, one elected by the people.

<snip edit>

However you want to dress it up, this government is a dead duck and will be gone sooner rather than later, they made sure of that over the weekend. they can amend the constitution but it will just be changed again as soon as the new government get in, and we all know why they are desperate to oversee the miltary reshuffle, so the right man is in place to put them back into power when they lose the next election.

the protest will continue, this is obvious, the change needs to be made now before this government does any more damage. someone sensible needs to take control until a new election, they need to oversee the budget and ONLY the budget, the other changes need to be made by an elected body, one elected by the people.

So, you are quite happy that a country of some 61 million people gives in to a couple hundred thousand paid trouble makers and terrorists and deliver the country to the biggest crook this country has ever seen ?

Edited by BKjohn

understand or don't want to is the fact that the coup took place to stop Thaksin from removing anyone who was not with him from their posts in order to gain full control

That's not fact that is your opinion.

I give up, one can not fight against ignorance

The protest will not continue!

Either the government is able to calm things down and take back control and restore normalcy, and lead the country to peaceful honest elections in a year or so, or the military will take over. There is no alternative for the reds to take control or for Taksin to come back, he/they hurt too many people and damaged the economy too badly. The red leaders have shown what they were made off, nobody wants that in charge of a country.

The only chance for the red (those who truly want to change something for the better) is to stick with Apisit till things calm down, until Taksin is out of the picture and gone forever and the constitution is changed to favor the people, not the crooked politicians who want to impunity for vote buying etc...

Hopefully, the followers who are in for the money will realise the risks they are taking and stay home after songkran, the mad idiots who shout death to the country will be arrested and Thailand will recover from another crisis with this time the right attitude to build a future. If not, within a week there will be a coup and nobody knows how long the military will keep the control this time, but for sure the red will be quiet. How many more deaths will it take? It will depend on the brain cells left after the sunstroke that some got.

oz

<snip edit>

So, you are quite happy that a country of some 61 million people gives in to a couple hundred thousand paid trouble makers and terrorists and deliver the country to the biggest crook this country has ever seen ?

I would be happy that a country of 61 million could vote for who they want in control of their country John. As for the same old nonsense about it being just a couple of hundred trouble makers, come on mate, if you want a sensible conversation let us keep the nonsense comments out of it.

A couple of hundred paid protesters does not hold a country to ransom for over a month, the reds are much bigger than this, over 100,000 at some protests earlier. You show me a report from ANY country that has had rallies for this length of time with such massive gatherings because I can not think of any.

Sure some have been paid, but you miss the point that an awful lot of these people would be there irrespective of payment or not, I have relatives by marriage that have attended without payment, my missus is not an isaan girl or indeed a northern girl, her family have been the protests because they think it is the right thing to do, not for any payment, and I am sure there are thousands others that feel the same. As for my missus she supports the red cause but does not go to protests, as again I am sure many thousands of people do.

I have said before on here many times when people mocked the 'million man' march because there was not one million at it, the numbers of people at that march were not relevant, I said that at the time and that has shown to be true now, one person can make a change, it does not need a million people on the streets, it needs a certain number to highlight the issues. ultimately the only numbers that count will be the numbers at the polling booths and this current unelected government have not done themselves any favours, even before the weekend.

Lets get an election, let the Thai people decide (all of them) who they want running the country, if it the reds so be it, if it is the yellows so be it. This is the only way forward and all parties have to agree that the winner see's out their term and is judged by their success or failure at the next election. only corruption should end that government early and that decision should be by an IMPARTIAL court and based on the facts and not on who pays them the most.

Don't keep harping on about Thaksin, this is not just about him and it would be foolish to think this is just about him, it is a much bigger issue than him.

Edited by tonywebster

ok, the coalition partners have given the dems 1 to 2 months to make the charter amendments referendum, if it is not done in this time they will resign from the coalition forcing the dissolved anyway.

so no 9 months, or 6 or 7 months, at the most 2 months. good on them, they can see what needs to be done for the good of the country, if only the dems could have seen the same , put the country first rather than the monomaniacal desire to cling onto power that they did not deserve.

Edited by tonywebster

ok, the coalition partners have given the dems 1 to 2 months to make the charter amendments referendum, if it is not done in this time they will resign from the coalition forcing the dissolved anyway.

so no 9 months, or 6 or 7 months, at the most 2 months. good on them, they can see what needs to be done for the good of the country, if only the dems could have seen the same , put the country first rather than the monomaniacal desire to cling onto power that they did not deserve.

Maybe the dems are putting the country first by making sure that Thaksin does not get control of the army.

Maybe the dems are putting the country first by making sure that Thaksin does not get control of the army.

WELL SAID !!!

The dems are being forced into this by the coalition partners Peter, it is not their choice any more, I said earlier they are dead duck, a rudderless ship, whatever you want to call it, they are not calling the shots any more. They are now being told by the coalition, call the referendum within 2 months or we will resign form the coalition. At last the partners grow some balls and start to call the shots, they don't really want to be associated with this corruption any more, they can see what is coming, very soon they will need to choose who to join after the next election, they are making sure they can be seen to be doing the right thing.

Peter, if Thakisn could get control of the army he would have had control when he was in power, obviously he did not as can be seen by the coup. Nobody can get control of this army.

Edited by tonywebster

does anybody see a connection from Thaksin's war on drugs (2500 innocent killed) and the now throwing of grenades, and targeted assassination of high calibre army commanders amongst many other innocent civilians?

Are we witnessing Thaksin's private army? And how many within the red leadership know about it?

Why did nobody report those armed thugs? They are acting simultaneousness on every protest side.

In my opinion, the gov needs to get tougher or it will spiral out of control completely.

Any info of Panlop and Saedaeng to be involved?

It seems as if the picture's getting clearer by the day.

Seh Daeng has already stated (admitted/confessed) his black-shirt 'Ronin' were backing up and helping the red-shirt protesters. (all very patriotic and such, of course)

The dems are being forced into this by the coalition partners Peter, it is not their choice any more, I said earlier they are dead duck, a rudderless ship, whatever you want to call it, they are not calling the shots any more. They are now being told by the coalition, call the referendum within 2 months or we will resign form the coalition. At last the partners grow some balls and start to call the shots, they don't really want to be associated with this corruption any more, they can see what is coming, very soon they will need to choose who to join after the next election, they are making sure they can be seen to be doing the right thing.

IGNORANCE MUST BE BLISS

they are not a as you call it a dead duck, they have the support of the army and only because they have tried everything to end the conflict without blood shed does not mean they are powerless.

The coalition parties are spineless scroungers who just want to bet on both sides to ensure their future whatever happens

Edited by BKjohn

understand or don't want to is the fact that the coup took place to stop Thaksin from removing anyone who was not with him from their posts in order to gain full control

That's not fact that is your opinion.

Actually, it's a fairly well documented fact.

There are many statements from the coup junta that they were against Thaksin putting his family in positions of power. The one thing that Thaksin failed to do was to put his people in charge of the army.

That's one reason why Thaksin wants elections before the army reshuffle in October.

There are already factions of the army sympathetic to the red cause. The problem is the army is a law unto itself and keeps interfering in politics. The Army has never, throughout history put the country first. Why on Earth would you think that it would now cede to political control or act in the country's best interests?

So, you are quite happy that a country of some 61 million people gives in to a couple hundred thousand paid trouble makers

It worked for the yellows.

An oblective viewpoint

In its 2010 report, Human Rights Watch praised Abhisit's rhetoric but dismissed his record, noting, "The government continually undermined respect for human rights and due process of law in Thailand."

His record on censorship is not too hot either.

Think the reds have a point!

No they do not!!

lets have a reality check here.

There was a coup dethrowning Thaksin who was stealing the country blind. He had the support of those from Isaan because he bribed everybody there and paid them to vote for him. I think no one with an ounce of brain can argue that the coup was not necessary since Mr. T was about to place his supporters into important positions to make sure he could hang on to power. The army stopped him at the last moment.

With him in exile eventually, after 2 puppets of Mr. T, we got Abhisit who, being well educated and for a change someone who is not corrupt tried to improve things in Thailand. Change however is never easy , especially in a country where you have such divided interests and old interests like in Thailand. To succeed he would have to move patiently and carefully, especially with Mr. T doing everything he could and can to sabotage the new PM.

Yes, he was elected by parliament, probably because he was relatively young and those behind Thaksin were convinced he would fail anyway and quickly opening the road to new elections which would have been bought by Thaksin , opening the door for his return to take over the rains once again and to revive his cash machine.

When this did not happen because Abhisit proved to be good at his job, Mr. T started , with the aid of his cohorts, well we know them now as the red shirt leaders to undermine Abhisits efforts in bringing improvements to the country. He has had only a very short time in political terms and there are people here complaining that he did not achieve anything. Those people clearly have no idea how things work in politics and especially in a country like Thailand.

No one can change things here quickly there is way too much old, vested interest in the country. In part some things, especially up country are still in the middle ages, just look at the red shirts having witch doctors in to curse people and using excrement for their witches power. Should these people really decide the nations future? People who prostitute themselves for a few hundred baht and vote for the one paying them?

This is Asia and you can not force things to change. I must say that I admire him for his patience.

Now Thaksin is in full swing in his war, chasing his "soldiers" to the front because he knows that he can not keep up paying this private war indefinately and that his "soldiers" have a relatively short attention span. It is a win or loose situation with compromise being no option. He needs an outright win for him to return, being pardoned by a puppet government. First course of action would be to get rid of anyone who could endanger his rule, than he would quickly grab his money back and change the constitution to suite himself.

The current government has been forced into a situation, Abhisit tried everything to avoid and he has handled it with good statesmanship by being very, very patient. The leaders of the red shirts did everything possible to provoke him into action and only when they attacked parliament and increased their aggressive actions by throwing grenades etc.. did he declare a state of emergency but still restrained himself until Saturday when he was simply forced to act.

Now the reds have what they were asking for all along and try to use pictures of dead and wounded for their propaganda purposes. Inmy opinion , they will not succeed because their actions were too obvious and most sensible people realized what is going on except a few here who still bring up the yellow shirts. This was a fight against Thaksin and his forces, stopping him from taking over the country once again by having his henchmen controlling the government. Yes it was unpleasant with the airport closure etc.. but a necessary fight for the good of the country. I say this even though I lost one of my businesses due to this.

Lets hope the current fight against Thaksins terrorists will be won quickly and the country returned to normal. Elections will take place and hopefully by than Thaksin will have lost his support and may be, just may be those people in Isaan will vote for someone who's interest is foremost their country and not his own bankbook, may be they will stop prostituting themselves by taking money for their votes

I was just quoting Human Rights Watch which is a repected body because it makes fair judgements.

Your reply is just an opinionated rant thus easily ignored.

Now now there Somo, BK john is just one of many (JDinasia and jingthing come to mind) posters here who regularly post opinionated rants with very little knoweledge or facts, and yes most of these posters posts are easily ignored :)

here,here

Actually, it's a fairly well documented fact

No, it is merely an opinion.

There are many statements from the coup junta that they were against Thaksin putting his family in positions of power.

Statements from a Thai military "coup junta" that overthrew a popular government to be regarded as irrefutable truth?

No, try again.

<snip edit>

Elections will come this year in my opinion - the reds have forced bringing them forward... all this could have been avoided - the government is undemocratic (though legal) - that's the point

There are already factions of the army sympathetic to the red cause. The problem is the army is a law unto itself and keeps interfering in politics. The Army has never, throughout history put the country first. Why on Earth would you think that it would now cede to political control or act in the country's best interests?

So, you are quite happy that a country of some 61 million people gives in to a couple hundred thousand paid trouble makers

It worked for the yellows.

The yellows were fighting to keep Thaksins puppets out of the government and therefor had the support of the army and most Thai's except of course the Thaksin supporters.

You are probably one of those people who also believe that Thaksins l.. oh well his wifes land deal in bangkok was fine and that the deal with Burma was totally OK and what he did with the telecom deal was in the interest of the country and not his company .. oh sorry, those were in his childrens and the maid's name at the time ......... and those mindless red shirts you are obviously supporting want him back because he is giving them money and promises ....... good on you mate ...

Edited by BKjohn

TAN Network: Kwanjai, DAAD key member told CAPO not to distorted facts n blamed red shirts for fired bullets, n threaten 2 parade the bodies 2 PM house.

Totally unbelievable in a civilized world. Utter disrespect for the dead and their grieving families. These guys went to the hospital and snached these bodies. What kind of people are they? This reminds me of the acts of the Somalia insurgents when they dragged the dead body of the American through the street and when the Iraqs insurgents hung the bodies from the bridge.

I believe that there is a cultural misunderstanding here. It is quite normal, even expected, that relatives, friends, etc. will pick up the corpses from the hospital. I recall a couple of years ago when my wife's BIL died in hospital, we went out and bought him a new suit and shirt, my wife and her sister dressed him up before loading him into the back of the pickup to display him to the village, and placed in a coffin.

The corpses of most of the dead red shirts will probably have been taken back to the villages they came from by now, where week long parties will be held to celebrate their martyrdom before cremation.

It is not disrespect for the dead, just a different way than you are used to for showing respect.

Are you seriously comparing the two. A private funeral in the village where the body is displayed to neighbors and friends and exhibit corpses to a mass gathering to incite blood-hate are completely different and I read they are going to parade the corpses in the streets of Bangkok. Make all the protestations you like; I find it barbaric and inhuman.