Overstay, Problems With Next Trip And Other Restrictions?

indieke

Hi,

I am in Thailand right now. I want to stay 10 days more, if I can change my ticket. But then I will have 5 days overstay.

Some say that is no issue. Just pay, 500 bht day, that is it. Others say, it is a dangerous situation, arrested- jail.

I come to Thailand every year, and I do not want having trouble if i ask for a visa next time.

So what would be the best way if I extend 5 days, having no visa?

You will not have trouble getting a new visa or entering Thailand after having been on overstay. But indeed, do not get caught before you reach the airport.

If you have a ticket out of the country, you can ask for an extension of stay of 7 days provided you show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days. It will cost 1,900 baht an a pass photo. This is the best thing to do. Alternatively you can go to the border and cross into another country and come back. You will than get 15 days.

I have overstayed on numerous trips including the 1st one.

Just pay the fine and smile as you leave.

They will let you back in and it NEVER counts against you when you apply for work permits/visas etc which I have had numerous version of.

On the other hand if you are caught overstaying, just pay the fine and smile. Same comments apply (I think as I have never been caught).

Currently on legit retirement visa.

5 days is not long...

They will let you back in and it NEVER counts against you when you apply for work permits/visas etc which I have had numerous version of.

On the other hand if you are caught overstaying, just pay the fine and smile. Same comments apply (I think as I have never been caught).

5 days is not long...

Don't believe it.

A friend's brother didn't listen and thought overstay was OK. He got caught (his ex g'f called imm in Pattaya) and is still in jail after 3 weeks awaiting deportation!!

It WILL count against him, maybe won't even get another visa. Idiot!

5 days is not long...

Don't believe it.

A friend's brother didn't listen and thought overstay was OK. He got caught (his ex g'f called imm in Pattaya) and is still in jail after 3 weeks awaiting deportation!!

It WILL count against him, maybe won't even get another visa. Idiot!

An acquaintance just applied for and received a new retirement visa. Several years ago, he had a TWO YEAR overstay. They never even asked him about it.

I overstayed many times, always only some days, once longer during the airport closure in Suvarnabhumi.

Payed always my fine, no questions asked.

But, same some posters mention, try to keep a low profile and get not caaught with the overstay before the border.

Don't bring yourself into troubles.

Go to Chaeng Wattana immigration office and get a extension costs you 1.900 Thai baht.

Copy off first page passport

Copy off entering stamp

One photo (passport size)

Copy off air ticket (fleight)

They have never asked me for a copy of a ticket in BKK and as far as I know they have not asked any of the many people I know who have done this before either.

One off-topic post deleted.

Thanks for your replies. I am actually in overstay soon. I am in Pattaya, where can Igo to get this fixed? My plane couldn't leave friday.

hi friend of mine works offshore on a 5 week rotation and lives pattaya, he is 37 days out of country on each occasion and has done so for more than 3 years, he just pays fine and no probs on re-entry,

One off-topic post deleted.

Thanks for your replies. I am actually in overstay soon. I am in Pattaya, where can Igo to get this fixed? My plane couldn't leave friday.

hi friend of mine works offshore on a 5 week rotation and lives pattaya, he is 37 days out of country on each occasion and has done so for more than 3 years, he just pays fine and no probs on re-entry,

sorry,,,, 33 days in country each time