Where Can I Get A Good Bowl Of Kow Padt?

IanForbes

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

That's just my experience over the years of ordering something as simple as plain old chicken fried rice in a farang owned pub or restaurant. If you want Thai food you are much better off going to a Thai restaurant regardless if it's a small cafe or somewhere more upmarket.

I must say, poor Ian looks terribly unhealthy on his diet. :D

apologies

thats been my experience as well

Ians diet does look a bit rich. Hes much like Candanian Salmon feeding up large in waters teaming with tasty nymphs before heading back to where he was born :)

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

That's just my experience over the years of ordering something as simple as plain old chicken fried rice in a farang owned pub or restaurant. If you want Thai food you are much better off going to a Thai restaurant regardless if it's a small cafe or somewhere more upmarket.

I must say, poor Ian looks terribly unhealthy on his diet. :D

apologies

thats been my experience as well

Ians diet does look a bit rich. Hes much like Candanian Salmon feeding up large in waters teaming with tasty nymphs before heading back to where he was born :)

:D:D:D

Yah, and all those tasty nymphs put that big smile on my face. I AM a bit poupoi... about 10 pounds heavier than I was at 18.

Kow Pat with raisins and saffron.. yum... North African dish that was a staple meal as kid for me. (minus chillies)

Sometime try the fried rice in a pineapple. Very close to what you remember. Pine nuts in there too. Yum.

I'm going to try that. I like to cook, and using different flavours is always an interesting experiment. I could also try shaved cashew nuts for a different flavour.

Excuse me :)

Kow Pat with raisins and saffron.. yum... North African dish that was a staple meal as kid for me. (minus chillies)

Sometime try the fried rice in a pineapple. Very close to what you remember. Pine nuts in there too. Yum.

I'm going to try that. I like to cook, and using different flavours is always an interesting experiment. I could also try shaved cashew nuts for a different flavour.

Excuse me :)

what's to excuse? I add all sorts of ingedients into my cooking providing they don't conflict with the the basics. I try to go light on any experiement so I don't ruin it. Last year I made Nanaimo bars and unfortunately I used an out of date cooking oil that spoiled the whole thing. It gave everything a rancid odour. I should have smelled the oil before I mixed it in.

I love cashew nuts and peanuts, but I dislike walnuts. I DOES make a difference to the flavour. I shave the Cashew nuts into fine slices so they go further and add more flavour. I used them this afternoon in a stir fry and they were delicious.

ข้าว ต้ม ตอน กลาง วัน

kow tom teun galang wan

rice lesbian something during the day? :)

somebody put me out of my misery.

not to self: Buy Thai alphabet wallchart.

slang for

Would you like sex at lunch time

Edited by flying

My Cow Phat Guys

Speaking of Thai dishes, I have had more than my shares.One was named Fat, but he was not fat.Fat was a male angel in a cabaret, very male.Nut had nuts.Yai was Yai.Do you want photos?

no thanks :)

ข้าว ต้ม ตอน กลาง วัน

kow tom teun galang wan

rice lesbian something during the day? :)

somebody put me out of my misery.

not to self: Buy Thai alphabet wallchart.

slang for

Would you like sex at lunch time

Getting close.

In fact, consuming boiled rice during the heat of the day causes one to sweat as do certain other activities. Consequently some Thai folks find it rather amusing to hear this statement as it is, in fact, referring to sexual activity during the day time.

Getting close.

In fact, consuming boiled rice during the heat of the day causes one to sweat as do certain other activities. Consequently some Thai folks find it rather amusing to hear this statement as it is, in fact, referring to sexual activity during the day time.

Considering that most of my sexual activities occur in the afternoon I better pay good attention here. Morning sex is the only thing that beats afternoon sex. By the time the girls are free after 2AM everyone it too tired and bored.

Getting close.

Considering that most of my sexual activities occur in the afternoon I better pay good attention here. Morning sex is the only thing that beats afternoon sex. By the time the girls are free after 2AM everyone it too tired and bored.

Isn't 2AM the morning? :)

Yah, but to me, morning is when I wake up after a good sleep in that dark part of the night. If EITHER of us is tired then it doesn't make for a very good "session".

Yah, but to me, morning is when I wake up after a good sleep in that dark part of the night. If EITHER of us is tired then it doesn't make for a very good "session".

nothing beats spawning in the morning :D

Too much information. Isn't it about time that a special forum is created just for Ian Forbes to post his pics and details of the sex life of which he is obviously so proud?

Too much information. Isn't it about time that a special forum is created just for Ian Forbes to post his pics and details of the sex life of which he is obviously so proud?

dont think it would be allowed, but i do follow his blog where he has all the pics of those "nymphs" he has landed over the years

Ians Blog

Nobody is "proud" of anything. I'm just an average looking old guy of 70 who enjoys life. I don't have anything "special" to be proud of. I just state facts. I didn't change the topic; flying and unfaithful did, and I responded in kind. To me, Thailand is like a breath of fresh air when compared to North America. And where every day can be like the best party you ever went to.

I never start topics about sex, but I respond to other people's posts with honesty. Some people don't LIKE honesty. It scares them. I enjoy all aspects of life (of which sex is one) and can't understand why some people are so miserable. Half the posts on thaivisa are complaints of some sort or another. I also enjoy the joking around with innuendo... either mine or someone elses. It makes for good banter between friends and makes lots of laughs.

And, I started this topic to poke fun at all the "Where's the best (pick a food item) restaurant". And, that's because anything more controversial gets into a slagging match.

All topics that last more than a page will stray into other subjects that often take on a life of their own. That is to be expected.

Posting photos is what I like to do, if for no other reason than to back up what I write. When the mods tell me to stop posting photos is the day I'll probably leave the forums for the miserable people who live in their own dreary world. I don't hide behind a pseudonym because I have nothing to hide, but I can understand others who might. I'm single and I love it, so I have nothing to fear. I treat everyone with respect and never take "pot shots" at people... even those that take pot shots at me.

dont think it would be allowed, but i do follow his blog where he has all the pics of those "nymphs" he has landed over the years

Ians Blog

Quite right there Donnyboy. Forbesy has a few little gems in his collection. Ians Blog

Yup, lots of my beauties there, Bill. :) And eating Kow padt also.

Chubby_1.sized.jpg

Isn't it about time that a special forum is created just for Ian Forbes to post his pics and details of the sex life of which he is obviously so proud?

Nobody is "proud" of anything. I'm just an average looking old guy of 70 who enjoys life.

Anyone who has a fairly regular sex life at 70 should be proud. :)

Nobody is "proud" of anything. I'm just an average looking old guy of 70 who enjoys life. I don't have anything "special" to be proud of. I just state facts. I didn't change the topic; flying and unfaithful did, and I responded in kind. To me, Thailand is like a breath of fresh air when compared to North America. And where every day can be like the best party you ever went to.

I never start topics about sex, but I respond to other people's posts with honesty. Some people don't LIKE honesty. It scares them. I enjoy all aspects of life (of which sex is one) and can't understand why some people are so miserable. Half the posts on thaivisa are complaints of some sort or another. I also enjoy the joking around with innuendo... either mine or someone elses. It makes for good banter between friends and makes lots of laughs.

And, I started this topic to poke fun at all the "Where's the best (pick a food item) restaurant". And, that's because anything more controversial gets into a slagging match.

All topics that last more than a page will stray into other subjects that often take on a life of their own. That is to be expected.

Posting photos is what I like to do, if for no other reason than to back up what I write. When the mods tell me to stop posting photos is the day I'll probably leave the forums for the miserable people who live in their own dreary world. I don't hide behind a pseudonym because I have nothing to hide, but I can understand others who might. I'm single and I love it, so I have nothing to fear. I treat everyone with respect and never take "pot shots" at people... even those that take pot shots at me.

I probably don't say this enough, but I THOROUGHLY appreciate your posts, Ian. Both the attitude you show AND the pictures as well!

What I find truly tiresome is people being negative all the time. Obviously not any topic is a happy topic, but there are couple individuals who seem genuinely miserable 24/7. Thanks for saving the forum from those guys taking it over!!

There's HONEY in Phad Thai?! Palm sugar, okay, but honey?? Phad Thai is supposed to be made BY honeys or enjoyed WITH them, it's not supposed to actually go in there. :)

Nothing beats sharing Pad Thai with good friends... 90 baht for all 3 of us.

New_Years_Eve_079.jpg

There's HONEY in Phad Thai?! Palm sugar, okay, but honey?? Phad Thai is supposed to be made BY honeys or enjoyed WITH them, it's not supposed to actually go in there. :)

Nothing beats sharing Pad Thai with good friends... 90 baht for all 3 of us.

New_Years_Eve_079.jpg

There is one thing Ian :D