Which Hotel Has The Best Buffet Breakfast In Bangkok?

alwayshavetimeforstupidity

Hey there!

I live in Hua Hin but need to spend the next 9 nights in Bangkok for work and I seem to have spent the last 2 days looking on hotel search engines, reading reviews and finding which hotels are best suited....but then thought, why not ask for some expert help!!?? Not bothered too much about being around the rallies/protests, because they seem mostly very friendly...whats important is waking up to great food!!

I'm looking for a hotel close to Pratunam Market with a GREAT BUFFET BREAKFAST .......... any ideas???

Baiyoke Sky Hotel.

For breakfast the food is not outstanding but the view from 88th floor is amazing.

But the evening meal buffet is worth avoiding even given the view.

If you are lucky you get one of the 4 rooms which have the pointed "greenhouse" glass platforms. They are on the 50-something floor but cant remember the exact room numbers.

The service in this hotel is not the best but personally I love the idea of a 90-storey hotel which is not a rip-off price.

I have stayed in quite a few of the five star hotels and I cast my vote on Peninsula, but they are located far away from your preferred location on the Thonburi side opposite the Shangri-La.

Absolutely. The best 5* hotel in Bangkok from a view/service/value viewpoint. Knocks the Oriental (extortionate and all that bowing and scraping - yuk), Shangri La et all into a cocked hat.

OP - your favoured hotel area is 10 minutes walk (a little over 1 k) from the consolidated Reds rally site. Should be no problem if you are sensible and duck for cover if any shooting starts within half a k of you. Your travel plans around Bangkok may be disrupted if the proverbial hits the fans again. Get the hotel to mark up an exclusion zone for you on a map. There are a few shocked tourists from Khao San Road who went for a butchers (hook = look) on Saturday and got more than they bargained for as warning live round bullets, shot upwards, rained back down on them.

Edited by SantiSuk

Thanks a lot for your comments and responses, will certainly take the advice and try atleast 1 of the above.

I will read through other blogs now also..

Thanks for the concern and note, I stayed at the Baiyoke last week and also ventured out to see what was going on with the rallies and watched some speeches. Almost every red-shirt I met was very friendly, and focused on the stage.

I agree with the comments on the terrible service and the fantastic views at the Baiyoke but I thought the food was fantastic in the evening on the 78th and also 82nd floor. I wasn't lucky enough to get a glass floor but the golf, fitness centre, and pool are great for me!

Thank you guys!

moved

personally, I enjoyed the one at Sheraton Grande (Sukhumvit 12) but not exactly in your area of choice.....

so sounds like the food at Baiyoke sky has not improved much over the years? i was first taken there by a friend who knew somebody there

they invited us back....courtesy of the house, yet I refused to go back a second time

(MiGgie turning down food - doesnt happen very often!)

• 1 year later...