Thai Army Says Planning Operation To Clear Protesters

george

THE NATION: Red leaders calling for a red-shirted "bank run" on Bangkok Bank 2mrrw. (asking all reds to withdraw all savings from the bank)

Interesting proposal from the Red Shirt Brigade.

Here we have a group of people claiming to want a more equal society which is inded a fine principle, yet the very action they are suggesting by instigating a run on the banking system will indeed destroy society and the very people who will suffer the greatest injury are the little people the very section of society that the Red Shirt Brigade state they are fighting for.

Economic warfare is indeed a subtle and dangerous weapon that plays into the hands of the international speculators dictators and when the account is rendered in the future the little people pick up the tab in increased taxation and pricing structures along with a very controlled society.

North Korea and Myanmar being two very good examples of states that have been and still being plundered by their leaders to line their own pockets..

The Red Shirt Brigade are indeed the biggest enemy that the Thai people face, the cause is not about equality it is about securing power no matter what the cost may be, DEMOCRACY will be destroyed.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were in charge of getting Bangkok under control, how would I do it? There are two ways to do this. The best way is to have Abhisit dissolve parliament. That has already been "suggested" by the army. The second way is a coup. The army could take the easy way out by throwing this ineffective government out, bringing Bangkok back to normal and picking up the pieces after that.

This fine, hardworking nation is steering towards becoming a republic and we cannot deny this. If the nation and its people want to move forward and lead ASEAN, the current system must be torn down. Breaking News! Government hands out salaries to army and police on streets! They are being paid to be there! Breaking News! Yellow Shirts are being handed out money at the airport! They are being paid to be there! Would never see it, would you? Why? They already live in Bangkok and can be paid via their bank accounts.

The new Thailand will be a leader in new technologies of agriculture, medicine, and sustainable energies. Not only the old school elite will have jobs in these new industries, but the so far untapped, repressed potential of the rural poor will be utilized. And what will the elite have to sacrifice to make this happen? They will need to return the land to the farmers. A feudal system in which a farmer cannot make profit on his land for having to pay rent to a landowner in a far away city is wrong and fails the people. Stand up for your rights my red shirted friends. Stay together and don't let the messengers pollute your good minds.

What a load of crap.

- '... steering towards a republic...' - wrong.

- '... The new Thailand will be a leader in new technologies of agriculture, medicine, and sustainable energies. Not only the old school elite will have jobs in these new industries, but the so far untapped, repressed potential of the rural poor will be utilized. Nice idea but where's the subtance / facts to support this claim ?

- '... 'They will need to return the land to the farmers. A feudal system in which a farmer cannot make profit on his land for having to pay rent to a landowner in a far away city is wrong and fails the people.' Well there is truth in that some of the land owners are not local, but that doesn't mean that they are all mean and nasty - although some clearly are. It's also true that there are many cases where the local village chief was poor, got into the 'old boys' network by whatever means - often by doing the nasty bidding of the local politicians - and then also became pretty nasty, ruthless, and corrupt.

Dear Poster, what you also omit to mention is that many many Thais from Bangkok or wherever, from many different walks of life, different education and income levels, do well recognize that their is need for change and support change, and if you liked to do some homework PM Abhisit and Khun Korn have already started to address this with strong overall public support.

They have talked about it, installed policies and actions to make it happen etc etc., and what's also relevant is that the opinion poles (also the anti-dissolution facebook group) strongly support PM Abhsit even though some might would strongly suggest that so called Bangkok elite would oppose such changes for there own selfish ends. In other words PM Abhisits changes are well supported by all walks of Thai life.

Do some homework...

Edited by scorecard

Thai PM hands security control to military

Thailand's prime minister handed security operations entirely to the country's military Friday after three anti-government protest leaders' bold escape from a hotel surrounded by security forces.

Read more: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/...tion=cnn_latest

gallery_21260_1073_1357.gif

-- CNN 2010-04-16

If I were in charge of getting Bangkok under control, how would I do it? There are two ways to do this. The best way is to have Abhisit dissolve parliament. That has already been "suggested" by the army. The second way is a coup. The army could take the easy way out by throwing this ineffective government out, bringing Bangkok back to normal and picking up the pieces after that.

Please explain why a coup is a better option than retaining the current goverment and using the same tactics that would be used under a coup situation to bring Bangkok back to normal?.

There are some really uneducated, "gop nai gala", greedy, selfish people posting here. What planet are they on? - "Planet I'm All Right Jack Keep Your Hands Off Of My Stack"? When politics and negotiation don't work, more radical actions are required. These people are on the streets because they've been cheated! They vote and the party they vote for wins, but can't rule. How else can they get people's attention? A petition for the Guinness Book Of Records? This isn't Trumpton Town. This is the lives of real, poor, repressed people.

There are some really uneducated, "gop nai gala", greedy, selfish people posting here. What planet are they on? - "Planet I'm All Right Jack Keep Your Hands Off Of My Stack"? When politics and negotiation don't work, more radical actions are required. These people are on the streets because they've been cheated! They vote and the party they vote for wins, but can't rule. How else can they get people's attention? A petition for the Guinness Book Of Records? This isn't Trumpton Town. This is the lives of real, poor, repressed people.

This is mainly just a drama put forth by Thaksin and his lackeys, it certainly isn't about democracy or equality.

Then again after your brilliant post about isaan seceding .... well you certainly don't have any idea about ANY reality in Thailand after that post.

Negotioations were going fairly well ---- the reds got the government to come to the table. The reds (even after Dr Weng's lies --- when Abhisit should have stood up and walked out) even got a concession from the government that they would call elections one year early. How did the reds deal with these negotiations? Oh -- they didn't --- Thaksin needs this NOW and not in December.

Then again with Weng's history and Veera's history ----- well ... they seem intent on violence and a coup. (They are likely to get the violence --- the coup doesn't look iminent though ....

You really have been brain-washed, haven't you ?

The people out there don't know how a parliamentary system works then.

The PPP didn't "win" anything. They got the most seats, but needed the smaller parties to form government.

Later, these smaller parties dumped the PTP (ex-PPP).

That is the only reason they aren't in government anymore.

I'm just wondering if the guy has ever been to Thailand!

I was just having that same thought JD.

not true. they have been to patpong once and heard that silly story from their girlfriends.

After the diversion from some people who need to enlarge their knowledge about Thailand, I would like to come back to the escalating situation and the topic.

- The yellow shirts are back in the circuit, (called by Government for protecting itself) the atmosphere is going to be more electric in the coming days, It has a dangerous decision to call them, lack of poltical maturity, stubbordiness ...

- Anupong seems to be the moderate who can stop the escalade. Tomorrow he will assess the Army internal situation through the Convocation he has sent. But he is trapped between those who want an action and the predictable consequences of such an action. Observers state that Army is split... It will be confirmed tomorrow.

-On another side, obviously police want to stay neutral. It confirms what I have stated at the beginning of the unrest: an Anti Riot Police Force is missing in this Country, it is not the job of Army, Army is Symbol of Unity and should not be involved: failure to understand this may have the worse consequences if battalions are joining each side....(More true even with conscrits)

This is certainly not a situation in which a confrontation has to be organised: the entry in the uncontrollable is highly probable if the overexcited Partisans of violent actions against red shirt people succeed to get the decision to move in........

Anupong seems the key to War or Peace. I wish Peace will prevails.

Edited by Jerrytheyoung

After the diversion from some people who need to enlarge their knowledge about Thailand, I would like to come back to the escalating situation and the topic.

- The yellow shirts are back in the circuit, (called by Government for protecting itself) the atmosphere is going to be more electric in the coming days, It has a dangerous decision to call them, lack of poltical maturity, stubbordiness ...

- Anupong seems to be the moderate who can stop the escalade. Tomorrow he will assess the Army internal situation through the Convocation he has sent. But he is trapped between those who want an action and the predictable consequences of such an action. Observers state that Army is split... It will be confirmed tomorrow.

-On another side, obviously police want to stay neutral. It confirms what I have stated at the beginning of the unrest: an Anti Riot Police Force is missing in this Country, it is not the job of Army, Army is Symbol of Unity and should not be involved: failure to understand this may have the worse consequences if battalions are joining each side....(More true even with conscrits)

This is certainly not a situation in which a confrontation has to be organised: the entry in the uncontrollable is highly probable if the overexcited Partisans of violent actions against red shirt people succeed to get the decision to move in........

Sadly the choice of more violence or not does not rest in the hands of anyone but Thaksin and his red shirt leaders. They have called for violence and Thaksin NEEDS violence and he obviously doesn't care about

the country at all.

Anupong's destiny lies before him but the choices he makes will likely not be made by him unless a decision of a very personal nature.

Sadly the choice of more violence or not does not rest in the hands of anyone but Thaksin and his red shirt leaders. They have called for violence and Thaksin NEEDS violence and he obviously doesn't care about

the country at all.

Sadly that is 100% true.

All he cares about is himself and his MONEY.

the country at all.

Stop bashing us.

Instead to try brainwashing us with the same kind of statements since the beginning of the unrest, please notice that the situation has evolved; red shirts people in the streets are no more fighting for Thaksin but for themselves. Since last saturday they know their life may be in balance. Please read the numerous interviews of those people.

Then please realise than smart people should be able to put aside their differences and try to guide the situation toward PEACE. We have received a good education, better than this poor guys'ones, sleeping today in the streets of Bangkok, in my Christian religion, if God has given us more than the average, we have more responsabilities than the average. I do not know Budhist, but it is also a Peaceful religion, I am pretty sure similar concept must be present.

It is time to take some altitude, to be less Partisan and to work for avoiding the worse.

Thank you

LOL! You guys are funny. When you can't post a reply relevant to the topic, you bring out the "Pattaya" and "girlfriend" cards. Typical. Try to do better next time and use your "samong" which the free world has given you. Really, try to understand the situation. I've lived here for many years and I know what's going on. When you do actually live in this city and you go out, you see how divided the people are and how their class system keeps the poor in their place. The only people with a legitimate cause for protesting are the REDS. No matter how they got on the streets, they are there now and they are fighting for their rights. They aren't servants of the government who are doing the real damage. They are working class folk who want to be heard.

not true. they have been to patpong once and heard that silly story from their girlfriends.

I think you meant from their "GFE" hehe not quite the same thing ;-)

the country at all.

Stop bashing us.

Instead to try brainwashing us with the same kind of statements since the beginning of the unrest, please notice that the situation has evolved; red shirts people in the streets are no more fighting for Thaksin but for themselves. Since last saturday they know their life may be in balance. Please read the numerous interviews of those people.

Then please realise than smart people should be able to put aside their differences and try to guide the situation toward PEACE. We have received a good education, better than this poor guys'ones, sleeping today in the streets of Bangkok, in my Christian religion, if God has given us more than the average, we have more responsabilities than the average. I do not know Budhist, but it is also a Peaceful religion, I am pretty sure similar concept must be present.

It is time to take some altitude, to be less Partisan and to work for avoiding the worse.

Thank you

Wake up man. I work with two people who are supposedly educated (doctors (PhD)) and all they talk about is that "Thaksin is the only person who can save this country." "he was punished for forgetting to pay taxes".

They are completely brainwashed and will do anything to support the red cause.

LOL! You guys are funny. When you can't post a reply relevant to the topic, you bring out the "Pattaya" and "girlfriend" cards. Typical. Try to do better next time and use your "samong" which the free world has given you. Really, try to understand the situation. I've lived here for many years and I know what's going on. When you do actually live in this city and you go out, you see how divided the people are and how their class system keeps the poor in their place. The only people with a legitimate cause for protesting are the REDS. No matter how they got on the streets, they are there now and they are fighting for their rights. They aren't servants of the government who are doing the real damage. They are working class folk who want to be heard.

If you really live here and have done so for "many years" you would know very well that no matter what happens with this gov't or the next or the one after than, as long as they are being ripped off by the importer/exporters and the village elders NOTHING is going to change in their lives. I do go out on a daily basis and I do not see this divide you are talking about the people I come into contact with and a good number of them are from the NE are sick of the REDS and see the damage they are doing and with NO agenda.. they have offered up NO SOLUTIONS to the problems they claim exist. Why can none of you RED groupies post what their solutions are? They can't simply be saying lets throw out the baby with the bathwater can they?????

Edited by traderjm

I agree with you. The Elite has to listen. What want those Red Shirts is a little more justice, They are fighting for their children in order they have a chance to get out from the Poverty Ghetto in which the Elite has locked them....They have understood they are now in History and they are ready to put their own lives in the deal. They impose respect.

A little of humanity , please.....

OMG! You guys are unbelievable! You are turning this debate into a "Have you ever been to Thailand?" forum and "He gets all his information from his girlfriend in Pattaya" forum. This isn't a laughing matter. Your replies are irrelevant, besides being untrue. If YOU do actually live here and if YOU do only live in Bangkok (as I do), you don't need to be Einstein to know that the Reds here aren't dimwits who can't think for themselves. If YOU think this and if YOU actually live here, YOU must be walking around with a blindfold on.

OMG! You guys are unbelievable! You are turning this debate into a "Have you ever been to Thailand?" forum and "He gets all his information from his girlfriend in Pattaya" forum. This isn't a laughing matter. Your replies are irrelevant, besides being untrue. If YOU do actually live here and if YOU do only live in Bangkok (as I do), you don't need to be Einstein to know that the Reds here aren't dimwits who can't think for themselves. If YOU think this and if YOU actually live here, YOU must be walking around with a blindfold on.

Wake up man. I work with two people who are supposedly educated (doctors (PhD)) and all they talk about is that "Thaksin is the only person who can save this country." "he was punished for forgetting to pay taxes".

"Two people" is not Thailand. I imagine the bashing if I was working with Jdinasia or Yoshiwara.....some people even with a high level of education are stubborn, are unable to get a controversial approach. Think about the bashing of the German elite by Hitler, only few people were resisting the ambiant indoctrination.

Stop bashing us.

Thank you

Jerry -- this isn't France --- this is Thailand. The people you are supporting are calling for violence and the only reason that they are doing that is for Thaksin. Anything else just can't be explained by the reality we see on the streets. Sae Daeng's Ronin ---- Arisaman's petrol bombs --- the leaders call for violence from the stage. The paid protestors. The failed negotiations because the red leadership (Thaksin) can't accept a compromise. The reds attacking Thaicom with petrol bombs, invading parliament,attacking 1st Regiment.... etc

The red movement has absolutely no credibility when it is financed to the benefit of Thaksin and NOT for the benefit of the rural poor.

"Two people" is not Thailand. I imagine the bashing if I was working with Jdinasia or Yoshiwara.....some people even with a high level of education are stubborn, are unable to get a controversial approach. Think about the bashing of the German elite by Hitler, only few people were resisting the ambiant indoctrination.

Nice --- you can always tell when someone has failed in all their arguments when they go for the third person attacks ---- and that they have lost all contact with reality when they mention Hitler.

You are right in that "two people" is not Thailand but I'm afraid I don't know any of the other demonstrators. You did however, say

please notice that the situation has evolved; red shirts people in the streets are no more fighting for Thaksin but for themselves. Since last saturday they know their life may be in balance. Please read the numerous interviews of those people.

Then please realise than smart people should be able to put aside their differences and try to guide the situation toward PEACE.

and these two people that I know firmly believe Thaksin will come back and that is ALL that they are fighting for and nothing else. They have said this to me many times.

When I ask if they are afraid to die or be hurt they both say that the government wouldn't dare to do attack so many people .

Stop bashing us.

Thank you

Jerry -- this isn't France --- this is Thailand. The people you are supporting are calling for violence and the only reason that they are doing that is for Thaksin. Anything else just can't be explained by the reality we see on the streets. Sae Daeng's Ronin ---- Arisaman's petrol bombs --- the leaders call for violence from the stage. The paid protestors. The failed negotiations because the red leadership (Thaksin) can't accept a compromise. The reds attacking Thaicom with petrol bombs, invading parliament,attacking 1st Regiment.... etc

The red movement has absolutely no credibility when it is financed to the benefit of Thaksin and NOT for the benefit of the rural poor.

I live in ISSAN half of the year, Province of Nakhon Phanom: I know those people: they are pacific in their overall majority. Like in every group, you have few excited. Obviously on this forum we have also few excited probably some ex-warriors with nostalgia of the old times. But most of us are reasonable people. Do not generalise few extremists to the whole group. You need a more controversial approach.

If you are too much Partisan, you loose credibility and you cannot convince anybody.

You have already a label throughout this forum:

Jdinasia, Yoshiwara are two unconditional partisan of Abhisit,Abhisit is their cheer leader.

Thank you

in general i like your posts, at least there's reason (now & then).

1) you say, " The yellow shirts are back in the circuit, (called by Government for protecting itself)"

1.a) you have _any_ source to corroborate your "claim" government called pad to protect itself?

1.:) when, in public, it's pad (as udd) threatens gov? denies gov authority "to be in charge"? same same as udd "we want it now"-kindergarten claims to have power & legitimacy to call for an ultimatum?

2) all rest of your post is not even analysis, but merely chewing on your own perception-inclinations & assumptions.

3) but i'd like to comment:

3.a) you state, "the entry in the uncontrollable is highly probable if the overexcited Partisans of violent actions against red shirt people succeed to get the decision to move in"

3.a.I) i'm not sure i get what you wanna say. if you throw in everybody who's opposed to mob-rule, disregard of law, enticement for war & anarchy as... opposed to "red shirt" - you simply are run by a very simple mind, i guess you call that your own & are proud of it.

3.a.II) we've a "multi-colored" faction, which is different from "pink shirts". pad today even stated they'll mingle with "multi-colored" ones - that is, they _do not_ control or manage or direct it. we've a growing fb-community opposing house-dissolution. it went from 170,000 to 334,000 in about a week! yes, obviously that's middle-class: they've access to computer, are aware of fb - do you want to _deny_ these people _their_ rights to voice&express their opinion?

3.:D "violent action", the term you used, has been propagated again & again... _not_ in gov discourse or activity - but in daily hate rants by red shirt leaders. to make it easy: i differentiate between "red shirts" & "red shirts leaders", dai mai?

wish you bright loving heart & calm mind na khrap