Stout And Bitter

Royk

Oh, and here I thought you were stout and bitter about it. :)

I'm not much of an expert when it comes to the alcoholic spirits.

Are you sure that a simple beer won't work? I know that most of the alcohol disappears after it is cooked.

Good luck.

Oh, and here I thought you were stout and bitter about it. :)

I'm not much of an expert when it comes to the alcoholic spirits.

Are you sure that a simple beer won't work? I know that most of the alcohol disappears after it is cooked.

Good luck.

The recipe asked for stout. It's the Beef an Guinness Stew I'm trying to make and lager just wouldn't cut it. It's unfortunate because lager is all they have here.

I've seen Smiths and Tetley bitter on sale in bars in BKK along with Guinness. Just ask them not to open the can maybe?

Thanks. Guess I have to go and get them at the bar. Getting shitfaced isn't part of the plan but... :D

Best regards,

Roy

Glad you got a proper reply. I only answered to keep your topic at the top of the board so it wouldn't get lost.

Good luck with the stew. I also enjoy cooking and know that good ingredients are important.

That is a lovely stew - does the the recipe request you add jiuce of one orange and grate some off the rind into the dish when warm - then leave in the fridge overnight and cook up the following day?.....I used to find this a real good dish for making dinner parties easy..... :)

Edited by 473geo

The title of this thread accurately describes 4/5ths of the British Expats in Thailand.

The other 1/5th are "Old Peculiar"

Hmmm, worryingly I'm in both sets :D

How does stout, bitter, old and peculiar fit (that has to be 99.99999% of expat Brits at least) :D

EDIT OP is one of the few things I really miss from the UK :) But any one of these http://www.ringwoodbrewery.co.uk/beers/ would do nicely too. :D

That is a lovely stew - does the the recipe request you add jiuce of one orange and grate some off the rind into the dish when warm - then leave in the fridge overnight and cook up the following day?.....I used to find this a real good dish for making dinner parties easy..... :)

My recipe has the rind but not the juice. I'll try it with the juice as well.

Best regards,

Roy

The title of this thread accurately describes 4/5ths of the British Expats in Thailand.

The other 1/5th are "Old Peculiar"

Hmmm, worryingly I'm in both sets :D

How does stout, bitter, old and peculiar fit (that has to be 99.99999% of expat Brits at least) :D

EDIT OP is one of the few things I really miss from the UK :) But any one of these http://www.ringwoodbrewery.co.uk/beers/ would do nicely too. :D

I, kind of, miss them too. The bitter is not exactly for cooking. :D