I Forgot To Notify Immigration That I Was Leaving The Country

Can I just suggest at this point that when you secured your extension you get a re entry or multiple re entry permit at the same time then you will be prepared for any future trip/trips. You don't have to be specific when answering questions about dates of travel.

Better off looking at it rather than looking for it if you get my drift! I had to do an URGENT trip home late last year and having the re entry permit there, just in case, saved me time and hassles.

Edited by bdenner

At this point I'll gladly pay the 2000 Baht to resolve this issue. My visit to immigration has been pushed back until early next week, and I'll be sure to post what happens.

And after the stress I've endured this morning, I can't imagine that I'll forget the re-entry permit in the future.

Be advised that Monday and Wednesday next week are holidays.

Update:

I went to immigration this morning, and was told that my Non-O was still valid and I correctly received 90 days on my last entry. I have until the 89th day to apply for a 12 month extension. The cost will be 1900 baht--but the good news for me is that my admin is going to pick up the cost.

Also, after talking with the work permit office, I found out that my failure to notify immigration that I was leaving the country did not effect my work permit whatsoever.

If you have company to take care of your Visa, you don't need to worry anything. To extend your 12month visa will need quiet a lot of document and redo all process again. It's might take quite long time to wait. But i can say, you are lucky to have valid multiple NON-O

Do not want to confuse things now everything seems so nicely sorted but just a warning based on recent personal experience.

I have until the 89th day to apply for a 12 month extension.

I applied for 1-year extension of stay recently at Krabi Immigration with Non-imm. B + WP. This was 6 days before my stamp ran out. (3-month stamp on single entry visa). I was told the application should be done within the time frame 30 to 7 days before expiration of stamp. (So I had to go to Penang to get a new non-imm. B and I can try again in two months).

Not sure if this is a "local rule", but it will not hurt to apply in the mentioned time frame. The 7 days might be because not all get the complicated and extensive paperwork right the first time (?).

Slighty off topic but,

I entered Thailand on a single entry NonB issued at Singapore in Sept 07, I then got my WP and 12 month extension, which has been extended again in dec09 for two years, I come and go quiet often, Am I supposed to be getting re-entry permits ??

I have until the 89th day to apply for a 12 month extension.

You can apply for extension of stay during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay. Suggest not leaving it until the last minute in case immigration call for additional/missing paperwork.

You do not have to advise immigration when leaving the country, in fact they couldn't care less unless you have overstayed, but what you need to do and have now been advised by others is to obtain a re-entry permit before leaving.