Welcome Pun Pun

uptheos

I've just noticed Pun Pun Guest House is a new sponsor.

The ad simply gives directions and says 'don't forget our daily specials'.

Why don't you tell us what your daily specials are, as self promotion by a sponsor is OK. :)

Thanks guys. Just squeezed it on this afternoon, so its still a work in progress.....Some minor problems popped up at the last sec and had to do some temp stuff. will be in full stride within a few days , I hope

We do have daily specials and will post them .... hopefully we won't be a bashee, as least not too much.... we try pretty hard.

TV has been very good to us over the past 4 months, so I thought I would give it a try in these very trying times.

Hope to meet more of the gang, definitely some interesting critters out there.

Gonzo

suppose hes too busy at the moment building some floating craft before the big rains come :)

istockphoto_9178972-noah-building-ark.jpg

Jeeze Db , not sure if we ever met, but strangely that does look quite a bit like me... [ or maybe Harry ]

but somewhere I lost track of the number of days left...... or should I say daze left

Thanks guys. Just squeezed it on this afternoon, so its still a work in progress.....Some minor problems popped up at the last sec and had to do some temp stuff. will be in full stride within a few days , I hope

We do have daily specials and will post them .... hopefully we won't be a bashee, as least not too much.... we try pretty hard.

TV has been very good to us over the past 4 months, so I thought I would give it a try in these very trying times.

Gonzo

Always good to know where the special food deals are. :)

I've heard very good things about your place but never tried it - looking forward to seeing what you have.

Gonzo

Always good to know where the special food deals are. :)

I've heard very good things about your place but never tried it - looking forward to seeing what you have.

I love it when you talk dirty.... :D

for those of us who haven't been following your threads, Gonzo, why not give us a flavour of what you do? Mrs Millwall_fan and I are always looking for new places for a bit of nosebag!! looked at the map so know where you are, what do you do?

(Meat-lovers) Pun Pun is real value for money. The portions are huge. The food is tasty and the host is most entertaining. I have not been there lately because I can not handle cycling though this heat, but as soon as rainy season starts, I shall return!

General_MacArthur.png

(Meat-lovers) Pun Pun is real value for money. The portions are huge. The food is tasty and the host is most entertaining. I have not been there lately because I can not handle cycling though this heat, but as soon as rainy season starts, I shall return!

General_MacArthur.png

Sounds like the real deal!

I didn't know that you smoked UG. :)

General_MacArthur.png

Sounds like the real deal!

I didn't know that you smoked UG. :)

Only when he pedals faster than 38 kph in 38 deg heat

:D

Welcome new sponsor! :)

I've been to Pun Pun many years ago. And from what I remember the food was good, very reasonable prices, the atmosphere lovely and the staff very friendly.

Question: when coming for dinner can I bring a dog sometimes for the necessary socialization and further training of 'table' manners?

for those of us who haven't been following your threads, Gonzo, why not give us a flavour of what you do? Mrs Millwall_fan and I are always looking for new places for a bit of nosebag!! looked at the map so know where you are, what do you do?

To give a bit of a brief on The Pun Pun and what we do'

Pun Pun Guest House and Restaurant has been around for quite a while, about 25 - 26 years now. I have had it for almost 14 years now. As a guest house we cater mostly to the backpacker set and the older wishing they were back-packers, offering clean, basic accommodation and an economical price. We do have a little bar and also a restaurant. When I say little bar, suffice to say, I change the age markings [8 yr old, 12 yr old etc] on some of the bar whiskey annually. I now have some 25 year old Jack Daniels.... really the bar is just something that is a convenience to the occasional guest.

The restaurant is probably our preferred baby...

As an American, our food is basically American in stereotype. As UG has so graciously pointed out, our portions are reasonably generous. The meals served, and we do serve Thai as well as Western food, are basically food/meals that I like to eat. After all its my restaurant... Stuff that I was made to eat when a youngster, is not on the menu and served only under duress.

We like to think that it is food that you would like to eat, regardless of what your doctor recommends or sez and in sufficient quantity to satisfy the average eater..... in other words food you are to eat, not to take pictures of for some magazine.

We have set meals, and we have weekday daily specials. Hopefully in the very near future, [within days] I hope to be able to have the posting available what these specials are, so any one interested may come by or call for more information.

Breakfast seems to be our big meal.

We open between 6:30 - 7:AM and close about 8PM, 7 days a week. We have morning breakfast groups that come several days per week and hopefully like our food as some have been coming for over 12 years now.

We like to consider ourselves as more of a family oriented place than a commercial restaurant..... most of our repeat customers we know on a first name basis and now have seen some of their kids grow, get married and have children of their own.

We appreciate families with children, but I do say this is a place to eat not a playground for wild untamed critters. If the children get too wild and out of hand, I will not hesitate to let the parents know to calm them down or I will....... they want to let the kids run wild, go to McDonalds, they have the playground there.

We like to be a little playful with our foods, like the Superman Breakfast, our Mic Pun Pun big hamburger [still hoping McDonalds will threaten to sue, the advertising is good] as well as something called " a Mic Plopp " and another called " A Mic Barf "

I hope this gives you a little background on The Pun Pun, and will now open it up for questions if you have any.

I do want to close this with just a note of thanks. Due to someone, a member of TV, who shall remain nameless, but rides a bicycle in the cold and rainy season when its not to hot, so he is able to come out here all 8 blocks, there was a thread placed on TV some 6 months or so ago. It drew a tremendous response. Many comments were made about us, our food, our place in general, meaning I got to meet well over a hundred new people who were members of TV.

I want to say publicly here, a big thank you to you all, and especially to TV and the masked bike rider. I am glad to see many of you come back, some 2, 3 times per week, and feel we have gained not new customers, but new friends.

To those that we only saw once or twice, I hope we didn't make you too sick, if so take 2 aspirins and come back in the morning

Thank you all

Welcome new sponsor! :D

I've been to Pun Pun many years ago. And from what I remember the food was good, very reasonable prices, the atmosphere lovely and the staff very friendly.

Question: when coming for dinner can I bring a dog sometimes for the necessary socialization and further training of 'table' manners?

Nienke, are you meaning ' Dog . as canine or husband, referring to table manners?

Let me say this about that..... we love animals, we have a dog of our own who is a pet of many of our customers..... but out of respect for other customers, all our customers, I do not let the dog run free, he is tied at all times when there are customers on board. Other customer objection as well as doggy hair taken into consideration.

The same as years ago if you remember , we have an open wall restaurant area. We also have a garden table area in close proxiity to the restaurant. If you do not mind or object to eating in the garden area, weather permitting, I would be very happy for you and your pet/husband to come by. I love our little one and I am sure you do also, so you be the decision maker.....

Personally I would be very happy to meet you.... officially

PS ....as I remember , the last time you were here, what was it 8 - 9 years ago,,,,,,, you didn't finish your veggies.... I have them,,,,, you can finish them this time or a letter goes out to your mother.....

:)

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Reminds of the 3 couples I saw in the restaurant of a tourist hotel in Phuket a while back.

The husband of the first couple, English, said to to his wife, "Pass the marmalade, Honey". So she did.

The husband of the second couple, American, said to to his wife, "Pass the sugar, Sweetheart". And so did she.

The husband of the third couple, Australian, said to to his wife, "Pass the bacon you fat pig". She didn't.

Reminds of the 3 couples I saw in the restaurant of a tourist hotel in Phuket a while back.

The husband of the first couple, English, said to to his wife, "Pass the marmalade, Honey". So she did.

The husband of the second couple, American, said to to his wife, "Pass the sugar, Sweetheart". And so did she.

The husband of the third couple, Australian, said to to his wife, "Pass the bacon you fat pig". She didn't.

Oh ?? didn't she speak English :):D

Long time --- no see..... stop by sometime

So where are you?

ask and ye shall receive...... [within reason of course ]

click on the ad banner and you should get a location map

g

It doesn't actually show your location....does it? :)

So where are you?

ask and ye shall receive...... [within reason of course ]

click on the ad banner and you should get a location map

g

It doesn't actually show your location....does it? :)

map_pun_pun.jpg

GotLost .... for you, if you can find your way to the Red ' X ' call me and I will come and get you personally

Nothing too good for a friend....

Gonzo

Nienke, are you meaning ' Dog . as canine or husband, referring to table manners?

Hhmmmm, what shall I say ...

I think I stick to Dog as canine. :)

Let me say this about that..... we love animals, we have a dog of our own who is a pet of many of our customers..... but out of respect for other customers, all our customers, I do not let the dog run free, he is tied at all times when there are customers on board. Other customer objection as well as doggy hair taken into consideration.

The same as years ago if you remember , we have an open wall restaurant area. We also have a garden table area in close proxiity to the restaurant. If you do not mind or object to eating in the garden area, weather permitting, I would be very happy for you and your pet/husband to come by. I love our little one and I am sure you do also, so you be the decision maker.....

Personally I would be very happy to meet you.... officially :D

How about a non-aggressive or too boisterous dog on the lead that doesn't have horrible hair loss outside at the garden table? Dog is not totally mannered yet, though, as it is still in training.

How's your dog with other dogs, especially males, on his territory? If that may cause him bark or start marking inside the garden, I will either not bring a dog at all, bring only females (not in heat) or the 3 months old Shih Tzu that I currently have in boarding and training.

PS ....as I remember , the last time you were here, what was it 8 - 9 years ago,,,,,,, you didn't finish your veggies.... I have them,,,,, you can finish them this time or a letter goes out to your mother.....

Unbelievable!!!! You've got an excellent memory. :D I'm afraid it has been that long ago, yes. And ... I recall very very vaguely that I didn't finish my veggies and someone, must have been you, said something about it.

I think we (my ex and I) even came in with a dog one time.

How I wish that my memory was that good. With me it's so bad, that when I meet people and have a nice conversation, then the next time I see them I can't recall who they are and where I've seen them. That has happened already several times. Extremely embarrassing. :D

Thursday is Pork Chop and Friday Special is Fish and Chips I think... unless he's change the menu and days since I was last there.

Taking a random jab here... Wednesday might be Franks and beans. Maybe... - shrugs-

I got too lazy (again) cause of the heat to go today. I wanted Fish and chips today too. lol :)

There's also meatloaf and chicken wings, breakfast food and other yummies

Nienke, I would like to invite you and your guest to Pun Pun at a time of your convenience.

How about your guest being the Shih Tzu for starters and we can try and work our way up from there...

Please let me know when you would like to come , so I can make sure to be here.

Gonzo

How I wish that my memory was that good. With me it's so bad, that when I meet people and have a nice conversation, then the next time I see them I can't recall who they are and where I've seen them. That has happened already several times. Extremely embarrassing. :)

Nienke, could you ever forget me, my dear? It would break my heart if you did. :D