Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

well if people are are willing to die for 500 baht a day tht says a lot bout the financial problems they must be facing .... lets see how many of u keyboard rambos wud go out on the street and right the wrong they are doing...

I hav no dog in this fight ... and I know the only Thais can sort out this mess...

All farangs showing their love for Thailand wud move to greener pastures at a drop of a hat... like they left their own country...

And those propogating more violence on this board wud wet their pants if they ever encountered a bunch of REDS of ARMY in their dreams... they just want some action and care a dam_n who wins ...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shooting of Sondhi Limthongkul

Days after the Bangkok unrest was quelled by military forces, gunmen ambushed Sondhi's car at a petrol station, shot out the tires, and fired over 100 M-16 and AK-47 assault rifle rounds at the car. Sondhi suffered one wound to the head and was conscious, standing, and lucid before being sent to the hospital for surgery.[147] Sondhi survived the surgery and was visited by relatives afterwards. It was not clear who ordered the shooting, although the PAD's spokesman speculated that a faction of the military or police could have been behind it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Al...y#cite_note-147

I've been amazed at that one since! What amulets was he wearing? :)

Compared to TS with his platoon of fortune tellers, who's life hasn't been all that jolly in recent years.

If my memory serves me the PAD also had a protective cordon of used sanitary towels round government house, perhaps Sondhi's car was similarly equipped? :D

Perhaps you can explain why the last 4 elections have been red majorities then ??

It took a disbanding of the TRT, banning of its representatives, and a lot of backroom dealing and turn coats to make the coalition..

Wonder if the Democrats will be barred from the next election because of their illegal contributions ???

VOTE BUYING ! duh!

Seriously? 20 million votes bought? You don't think Thais take money from both sides and then vote for whoever they want?

That's what my g/f's family did - get paid 2 or 3 times, vote for who you want.

1) The 2007 election didn't return a Thaksin majority. Had the minor parties not lied to their constituents PPP would not have been able to form a government. The Dems didn't cry about it. They went on and were an active opposition party until PPP was disbanded for PROVEN electoral fraud by a party executive.

2) Thaksin's failed snap elections were just that ... failed

3) The ONE TRT Majority was when Thaksin bought, coerced, whatever ... the local political machines in Isaan. Those same groups have abandoned him.

4) the 2001 elections did not return a majority for TRT.

That covers the first quoted post .........

The rest (excluding the last) just bought into the uninformed informations or deliberate disinformation in the first post.

The last ..... well ... if he sees that as acceptable (or even believes it) then "He's been in Asia too long." :-)

Edited by jdinasia

WE live in a country where 'think too much' is a bad thing- where 'serious' means clinically depressed (him seriout too much- go hospital). Where children are taught to whom and how to kiss ass before they are taught to speak- where critical analysis of Thai culture ultimately leads to prison- where kriang jai and conflict avoidance are regarded as noble traits rather than the institutionalization of meekness and obsequiesness... where everyone is reminded daily that they are children of a loving father- where initiative is regarded as dangerous- how else could this have played out?

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for San Deng, and you curse the army. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That San Deng death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a dam_n what you think you are entitled to.

Did you order the Code Red?

You’re Goddamned right I did!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100513/ts_nm/us_thailand_279

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/shirt+...2951/story.html

Seh daeng in coma

It's a clear attempt to decapitate the red shirt military leadership," said Anthony Davies, a security consultant with IHS-Jane's." "It's a smart tactical move that will cause confusion in the red shirts' military ranks and send a message to the leadership that if they don't want to negotiate and come out, they can expect extreme consequences."

Edited by clausewitz

Not one to get all sentimental but in two hours it's my birthday and at my age its not something to celebrate, believe me. However I do have a birthday wish and it is that as soon as possible the elderly, women and children get the hel_l out of Rajaprasong.

I am not so worried about the Military going in there guns blazing, what worries me more is some lunatic who decides to take things into his own hands and crash a private plane smack in the middle of that stage.

Needforspeed (see the topic in farangpub) says for the past month or so he has been having the same dream night after night about Thai people crying aloud and a set of numbers is part of this dream 150520101354 and a few others i cant remember right now.

You dont have to be a math expert to figure those numbers out and it aint the lottery.

I hope he is wrong and his dream doesnt come true tomorrow but suffice to say, with or without this in play, those innocent people need to be allowed or convinced or even dragged by their families out of that disaster waiting to happen, which is Rajaprasong.

What does that number mean?

Not one to get all sentimental but in two hours it's my birthday and at my age its not something to celebrate, believe me. However I do have a birthday wish and it is that as soon as possible the elderly, women and children get the hel_l out of Rajaprasong.

I am not so worried about the Military going in there guns blazing, what worries me more is some lunatic who decides to take things into his own hands and crash a private plane smack in the middle of that stage.

Needforspeed (see the topic in farangpub) says for the past month or so he has been having the same dream night after night about Thai people crying aloud and a set of numbers is part of this dream 150520101354 and a few others i cant remember right now.

You dont have to be a math expert to figure those numbers out and it aint the lottery.

I hope he is wrong and his dream doesnt come true tomorrow but suffice to say, with or without this in play, those innocent people need to be allowed or convinced or even dragged by their families out of that disaster waiting to happen, which is Rajaprasong.

This one is getting boring and it's a load of BS. He has been watching too many movies, one in particular recently where dissasters have the same date format and the rest of the numbers you can't remember are the latitude and longitude of Bangkok, again straight from the movie. How many beers has he managed to con out of people with this one?

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT B-DAY BKKJAMES!!! (given the circumstances)

Thanks but no cake tomorrow. Re the number 15 05 2010 1354 and the other ones. Someone figured out it was the gps coordinate very near Don Muang Airport. Time will tell I guess.

Reports on Thai television about army and red shirts joining up. Not sure if it's just one group of the army or what's happening.

It could happen........ this is where civil war suddenly becomes much more likely, and in this event (if it were to happen) Yellow/Elite will lose and will be wiped out unless they all jump on places and leave the country.

The shooting of SD and the crackdown might be the step over the edge.......... its very worrying.

Come on !!

Think date.. Think time..

Jeez, your mensa application didnt get lost in the post :)

Thanks but no cake tomorrow. Re the number 15 05 2010 1354 and the other ones. Someone figured out it was the gps coordinate very near Don Muang Airport. Time will tell I guess.

Are you joking? It is your birthday May 15, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Soon we will have UDD protesters in every part of Thailand, not only Ratchaprasong and Silom.

By protesters do you mean armed insurgents?

Much better than yellow terrorists who captured Thailand two years ago against the wishes of majority of Thai people.

This government is not democratically elected, accept it or not, this is reality and fact.

Wow ... a "the yellows did it first" argument. That's original.

No- it's not at all original- in fact it is one of the points that the reds descended on Bangkok to make- that those who would disturb orderly society in the interests of the the more reactionary elements of society will be treated with immunity while those who seek a more equitable society will suffer from double standards.

As long as clowns like Kasit can lecture foreign diplomats on the evils of illegal demonstrations = as long as nobody from the gov't house/airport occupations has been held to account- then the reds feel that with every drop of 'red' blood shed, the point is being made that there exist in this country, double standards.

Whether or not you agree with that analysis is beside the point- the point is that this is the perception. The problem is how to change that perception- and simply pounding the table and saying- you're wrong- probably won't be enough.

The aim of the red leadership from day one has been to have blood shed- so that they could prove to all Thailand- and the world- that Thailand has no sense of social equitability.

Now before you attack me as the bearer of uncomfortable news- you don't know how I regard either the means or the ends- because it doesn't matter.But if this problem is going to be solved then first we must understand what the problem is.

If you can convince the reds that the yellows deserve to be treated with a leniency that the reds won't be (in their estimation) accorded- then - the whole country will thank you. If not, all that's left is opinion. And really - who cares. What is needed now is some very serious analysis of the culture, the history- recent as well as not so recent- and the divide in social perceptions.

Reports on Thai television about army and red shirts joining up. Not sure if it's just one group of the army or what's happening.

It could happen........ this is where civil war suddenly becomes much more likely, and in this event (if it were to happen) Yellow/Elite will lose and will be wiped out unless they all jump on places and leave the country.

The shooting of SD and the crackdown might be the step over the edge.......... its very worrying.

It is likely a lot of Isaan based Taharn Prahn (rather than southern or north western) were always with the reds due to loyalty to certain figures. The police stuff is harder to tell. A lot of black guards have police body protection with police written on it so it probably needs confirmation. It will all come out at some point.

Have just watched Redshirts spokesman Sean Boonpracong (ironically wearing a white shirt) being interviewed on Al Jazeera. He was like a little boy, smiling, smirking and acting like a naughty adolescent. The Al Jazeera called his bluff and said something like, "given the circumstances and number of people killed, it's strange that you should be laughing about this". Sean just smiked and squirmed some more, with a pathetic answer that totally avoided the point. He could not explain either, why the "peaceful Reds" were coming out of their barricades and throwing projectiles and firing slingshots at the troops.

If this is the guy that Reds hold up to the world as their spokesman, then their credibility and any drip of sympathy that may have remained, will not have evaporated totally. They are heading for embarassing oblivion I'm afraid now. Failed to see the wide open chance they had to give in with a shred of credibility and now want to fight to the end. Apart from their cowardly leaders, who will slip away at the crucial moments, leaving their drones to take the rap. Sad, v. sad. :)

1) The 2007 election didn't return a Thaksin majority. Had the minor parties not lied to their constituents PPP would not have been able to form a government. The Dems didn't cry about it. They went on and were an active opposition party until PPP was disbanded for PROVEN electoral fraud by a party executive.

2) Thaksin's failed snap elections were just that ... failed

3) The ONE TRT Majority was when Thaksin bought, coerced, whatever ... the local political machines in Isaan. Those same groups have abandoned him.

4) the 2001 elections did not return a majority for TRT.

That covers the first quoted post .........

The rest (excluding the last) just bought into the uninformed informations or deliberate disinformation in the first post.

The last ..... well ... if he sees that as acceptable (or even believes it) then "He's been in Asia too long." :-)

How many times does these same old distortions have to be corrected ?

1/ Had the election not been held under what was in effect martial law in places, and had the army not spend millions on "re-education of the rural poor on how to vote", had the Democrats not been allowed to do whatever they want, then the PPP would have got many more votes and seats. There are allegations of vote rigging and many other things to try to keep the PPP numbers down.

2/ You fail to mention that the Democrats paid small parties to not take part in elections and also refused themselves, therefore that many seats that won with majority TRT votes against all total no votes/other parties were simply invalidated as no other party run. The Democrats plan to stop TRT winning - by abusing the electoral system.

Perhaps if you would stop distorting the truth by selectively missing much out and start admitting how corrupt the Democrats appear to have been and how since 2006 until now there has been systematic abuse of the systems of media and control and justice in Thailand.

Come on !!

Think date.. Think time..

Jeez, your mensa application didnt get lost in the post :D

heres the whole number.. 05152010135410035

by the way, two people had the same dream, the second one saw the numbers in a mirror in his...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/5th-Month-ma...er-t351139.html

cue the twilight zone music. :)

No- it's not at all original- in fact it is one of the points that the reds descended on Bangkok to make- that those who would disturb orderly society in the interests of the the more reactionary elements of society will be treated with immunity while those who seek a more equitable society will suffer from double standards.

As long as clowns like Kasit can lecture foreign diplomats on the evils of illegal demonstrations = as long as nobody from the gov't house/airport occupations has been held to account- then the reds feel that with every drop of 'red' blood shed, the point is being made that there exist in this country, double standards.

Whether or not you agree with that analysis is beside the point- the point is that this is the perception. The problem is how to change that perception- and simply pounding the table and saying- you're wrong- probably won't be enough.

The aim of the red leadership from day one has been to have blood shed- so that they could prove to all Thailand- and the world- that Thailand has no sense of social equitability.

Now before you attack me as the bearer of uncomfortable news- you don't know how I regard either the means or the ends- because it doesn't matter.But if this problem is going to be solved then first we must understand what the problem is.

If you can convince the reds that the yellows deserve to be treated with a leniency that the reds won't be (in their estimation) accorded- then - the whole country will thank you. If not, all that's left is opinion. And really - who cares. What is needed now is some very serious analysis of the culture, the history- recent as well as not so recent- and the divide in social perceptions.

The yellows went home after 9 days, without the need for violence and death. What about the reds?

You would probably find many of the anti-reds on here agree with some of the reds issues, but not the leaders or the way they are going about getting their message across. In fact, they got their message across 6 weeks ago.

And what happened to my question about how the past PMs have been elected? That's a key problem with the reds - there misunderstanding of how the electoral system works in this country.

Funny how people will blame a journalist for wearing a black T-shirt as a reason to be shot. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but changes nothing that has happened.

And where would we be without news brought to us by those journalists who put their lives on the line by going into dangerous areas? We would have to be content with the propaganda pumped out by both sides. At least foreign journalists can bring some alternative sources of information to our attention and let us form our own conclusions from what we see and hear while most people sit securely at home picking their nose or scratching the deep depths of their anal cavity.

Correct, entirely correct.

But, now that they are being dispersed, I really see no point of risking a life to cover what eventualities await the reds – except for the gory scenes of blood splashing when they are hit big time (oh, some people wish with live bullets). In this way, a journalist can be seen as a masochist for loving to cover pictures of pain. The reds deserve it anyway and I believe there is no need to present them. They will just solicit vindication, not sympathy for sure.

For all journalists (specially foreign), I say, there is something more than risking your lives right now. Better relax and cover Ratchaprasong and Silom tomorrow when the reds are kicked out, so that everyone can see the big mess they have created. And, astonishingly, they don't even have any idea about this. Oh, I mean they refuse the idea actually because they are full of denial. What do we expect anyway?

Edited by asiantraze

this has nothing to do with gps coordinates its 13H54 .... 01.54PM..... but i really don't buy this story ... we will see tomorrow

The yellows went home after 9 days, without the need for violence and death. What about the reds?

You would probably find many of the anti-reds on here agree with some of the reds issues, but not the leaders or the way they are going about getting their message across. In fact, they got their message across 6 weeks ago.

And what happened to my question about how the past PMs have been elected? That's a key problem with the reds - there misunderstanding of how the electoral system works in this country.

Then yellows occupied governmt house for 8 months

Have just watched Redshirts spokesman Sean Boonpracong (ironically wearing a white shirt) being interviewed on Al Jazeera. He was like a little boy, smiling, smirking and acting like a naughty adolescent. The Al Jazeera called his bluff and said something like, "given the circumstances and number of people killed, it's strange that you should be laughing about this". Sean just smiked and squirmed some more, with a pathetic answer that totally avoided the point. He could not explain either, why the "peaceful Reds" were coming out of their barricades and throwing projectiles and firing slingshots at the troops.

If this is the guy that Reds hold up to the world as their spokesman, then their credibility and any drip of sympathy that may have remained, will not have evaporated totally. They are heading for embarassing oblivion I'm afraid now. Failed to see the wide open chance they had to give in with a shred of credibility and now want to fight to the end. Apart from their cowardly leaders, who will slip away at the crucial moments, leaving their drones to take the rap. Sad, v. sad. :)

If gambling was legal in Thailand I would wager that this government is heading for embarrassing oblivion. Lets see what is what at 09.00 tomorrow. Should be fun at swampy watching Prem, Chuan Leek Pai and Abhisit at check in....Thats if they have not already seen the writing on the wall and caught a red eye flight

5 grenades just shot at soldiers at Rajaprasong. 5 minutes of shooting followed. Then another grenade, now sporadic fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, is AUA open today?

I am going to go get a drink at the outdoor nana bar.

I really do think this thing could become all out war.

It was a real bad idea to assasinate the red General.

Now the Reds might assassinate some pro Regime Generals.

It could be open season on all generals.