Sniper Fire

ukrules

It seems to me that there are several snipers at work in the protest area.

What confuses me though is that they are clearly not just targetting the protestors. I know they have very clear views through their scopes so they appear to be deliberately targetting the people who they shoot.

I do wonder if one of these snipers will be captured. I certainly hope so, they have been going for head shots, you can disable someone by firing at their leg yet they choose to fire at the head. I've seen several photos of dead people shot in the head in the last couple of days. These appear to be deliberate kills.

You do not know who the Snipers work for!!!

How about this angle - Mr. Thaksin and his friends got pissed off with Seh Daeng, and ordered someone to shoot him, they shot him, the Reds blame the Army, as everyone would believe this, then the fighting begins, fault of all of this is the Army for apparently shooting Seh Daeng.

A sniper is taught to go for a head shot, as a definite kill, not a leg shot. When someone is running the only thing that stays in a constant is the head, the legs and body move too much as well as the arms.

Some of these people weren't running when shot so an alternative shot would have been possible. I'm not sure about the Canadian journalist, I know he was shot twice, once while he was awaiting rescue, I saw it on the video clip yesterday. Shot whilst lying in pain on the ground.

I do agree that it's possible there are snipers out there working for both sides, it would make sense. I do hope they catch a couple of them.

I think various people would be pissed off with this Seh Daeng guy including individual soldiers with a grudge.

Maybe the reporter was not the target, but due to the weather conditions and other things the sniper missed, this happens, also the sniper could have panicked and was not ready for the shot.

The second shot was not required, therefore maybe another sniper or another person with a gun around, the only way to know would be to know what calibre rounds were used.

Rumours that an Australian took video footage of a military sniper and his spotter taking out a red.

Alledgedly the video was given to reporters on the scene.

Edited by plwch

Rumours that an Australian took video footage of a military sniper and his spotter taking out a red.

yes a Red soldier on another building with a gun, good shot if you ask me!!!

Absolutely, in a not so distant past life in a far off land in Special Forces it was only for the money shot. Kill not injure.

Snipped ...

A sniper is taught to go for a head shot, as a definite kill, not a leg shot. When someone is running the only thing that stays in a constant is the head, the legs and body move too much as well as the arms.

If the army have sent out snipers to deliberately kill protesters then as far as I'm concerned this is only one step away from bombing them.

Doesn't sound viable as a theory, "Army uses its best snipers to deliberately kill possibly innocent protesters selected at random".

For what purpose? Each and every death is a huge PR problem for the govt. Death of innocent people is tactically useless.

I could believe the Army has snipers to remove armed or threatening personnel. I could also believe the other side may have

snipers and could shoot innocent protesters for the PR boost, though barely credible.

The only thing I really know is that I don't know. Maybe later it will be clear.

I can imagine a scenario where this will drag out for weeks with hundreds dead. A single violent incident which ends this in one evening would cause less harm to the country in the long run and I imagine less non protesters would get caught up in it. Especially now the journalists said they are leaving.

Having said that I think that even if the protests are forcibly split up today more will follow.

I am sure that the Newbie "plwch" - who signed up only today - will be happy to provide irrefutable details!

:)

Patrick

I am sure that the Newbie "plwch" - who signed up only today - will be happy to provide irrefutable details!

:)

Patrick

Details are in the Blog labelled "Bangkok Red-shirt rally"

here is the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...html&st=125

go back a few pages and you can read all about it.

There's a guy tweeting in Thai who was supposedly at Bon Kai with the Reds last night. He claimed that at one point soldiers went over to help some injured Reds, and the whole lot of them came under fire from somewhere behind the Red positions.

I think he's a Red who bailed out, after they were joined by a large group of heavily armed men during the night. Could be complete fiction though.

I know one thing for sure Abhisits Government is out for sure with all these fatalities.

He should be commended for so few fatalities. In most countries, the redshirts would have been wiped out in the first few hours with hundreds of deaths. Abhisit has been doing his best to not have that happen.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Abhisit has been doing his best to not have that happen.

I agree, in the countries where most of us come from 'absolute compliance' is demanded and expected no matter how small your perceived crime.

If the army have sent out snipers to deliberately kill protesters then as far as I'm concerned this is only one step away from bombing them.

Doesn't sound viable as a theory, "Army uses its best snipers to deliberately kill possibly innocent protesters selected at random".

For what purpose? Each and every death is a huge PR problem for the govt. Death of innocent people is tactically useless.

I could believe the Army has snipers to remove armed or threatening personnel. I could also believe the other side may have

snipers and could shoot innocent protesters for the PR boost, though barely credible.

The only thing I really know is that I don't know. Maybe later it will be clear.

Couldn't agree more

Perhaps the army snipers could concentrate on getting guys like this unarmed, innocent, democracy loving redshirt guard firing what seems to be a grenade launcher with nothing but his "bare hands".

Yes, this is the kind of person they should be targeting, snipers shouldn't be used against normal demonstrators.

I would be highly surprised if there aren't snipers on both sides of this any maybe some other parties also stirring things up.

It as interesting to read a 'snippet' about a group of soldiers and redshirts who were in the same place when they all came under fire. I think I read this on my twitter feeds.

I can imagine a scenario where this will drag out for weeks with hundreds dead. A single violent incident which ends this in one evening would cause less harm to the country in the long run and I imagine less non protesters would get caught up in it. Especially now the journalists said they are leaving.

Having said that I think that even if the protests are forcibly split up today more will follow.

So the journalists said they are leaving because it became obvious they were deliberately targeted. One side or the other doesn't want video witness to future possible actions. Wouldn't you think?

So the journalists said they are leaving because it became obvious they were deliberately targeted. One side or the other doesn't want video witness to future possible actions. Wouldn't you think?

No doubt about it. I think both sides would like to reduce the number of witnesses but with video phones everywhere these days it will be impossible.

Everyone with a cell phone can record events as they happen. The targeting of journalists can only benefit one side. It is not to stop them from reporting. When a journalist is hit it is a media event. The last person a Thai soldier would shoot is a journalist. The only people shown with guns are military. The reds are very careful about being seen with guns. The red snipers have a lot of targets as we have seen. They are a nasty bunch without scruples. Any means to their end seems to be their motto. Very sad indeed for the Thai folks.

How about this angle - Mr. Thaksin and his friends got pissed off with Seh Daeng, and ordered someone to shoot him, they shot him, the Reds blame the Army, as everyone would believe this, then the fighting begins, fault of all of this is the Army for apparently shooting Seh Daeng.

Marksmen/Snipers are taught to shoot at the center of chest (heart),also taught to shoot to wound so more will come out to help and then be shot too.....

Head shots can be easily missed because it moves a lot when a target is moving or standing still (unless your very close)

In another thread it was mentioned that Seh Daeng was shot with a 308....i don't believe so, because most of his head would be on the street if it was a 308

Marksmen/Snipers are taught to shoot at the center of chest (heart),also taught to shoot to wound so more will come out to help and then be shot too.....

Head shots can be easily missed because it moves a lot when a target is moving or standing still (unless your very close)

In another thread it was mentioned that Seh Daeng was shot with a 308....i don't believe so, because most of his head would be on the street if it was a 308

Believe me , If some one shoots to Maim it is luck, with today's calibre and Gun quality they kill. how do you disable anyone with a high velocity bullet. You only have to hit some one, On impact it takes out what ever is hit , I have seen bullet holes as small as a pencil, turn the victim over. and half of there back has gone . If you hit the head it just explodes like a ripe Mellon.

Believe me , If some one shoots to Maim it is luck, with today's calibre and Gun quality they kill. how do you disable anyone with a high velocity bullet. You only have to hit some one, On impact it takes out what ever is hit , I have seen bullet holes as small as a pencil, turn the victim over. and half of there back has gone . If you hit the head it just explodes like a ripe Mellon.

The NATO caliber 5.56mm (.223) is useless,Forces that use it have been complaining about it for years because it has no stopping power!

As for shooting to wound,its easily done by a good marksman,and has been taught as a tactic.....you wound one,two come to help him,you shoot two,four

come to help....so on,so on...

There would be a fair chance that a military man with a price on his head like Seh Daeng would be wearing body armor and snipers have to deal with different situations. They are not programmed to only do one thing.

The thing is that he had so many enemies on all the different sides that it is impossible to point a finger at anyone in particular. :)

I agree I think that Thaksin had the guy knocked off as he was exposing Thaksin as active in creating the riots. Makes absolutely no sense for the government to knock the guy off.