Where Do You Buy Whey Protein In Chiang Mai

antaray

Hi,

I have seen small bottles of whey protein in pharmacies (for high prices 2-4 thousands THB for a kilo), but I need to buy 5 kilos pack or more.

Does anyone knows are there some shops that specify on selling sport supplements?

Where do you prefer buying?

soy protein powder worked wonders for me when I was into that kind of thing. (100kg by age 20)

Would expect it to be dirt cheap here - seeing as i can get homemade soy milk for 5 baht!

But if you feel you must sustain the myth of Mass produced sports supplements...

personally if you want to gain muscle just eat natural foods.

fish - tuna etc.

fruit

smoothies: raw egg whites and skimmed milk powder + banana + cinammon.

soy powder

multivitamins.

etc etc.

Edited by whiterussian

Do they sell Soy powder here? The kind that just makes milk... not the protein one. I do miss my chocolate protein shakes though. :)

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Yunnie,

fyi : Thailand is a net importer of soy beans (from Brazil), as are China, Taiwan, etc.

To our knowledge there is no local manufacturer of soy powder in this area. Wish there were !

But, you can get delicious fresh-made, home-made soy-milk at many street vendors in Chiang Mai. Typically they are out at night, after 6PM.

The best we've found : two vendors on Thanon Charoenmuang near the intersection of Thanon Teewee Utit (on the north side of the street, past the 7-11, about a kilometer (as you are driving west) before you come to the the railway station.

Ones we don't recommend : the one in Talat Nong Hoi. the vendor selling (6 baht per pack) inside Talat San Pak Hoi.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

I buy my protein and other supplements on eBay. Even after the shipping costs it works out cheaper than buying them here.

? What kind of protein,from where and how much?I cannot believe that this can be cheaper!

I recently bought 5 lbs (2.23 kg) of BSN 'Syntha 6' protein on eBay for 2100 Baht (including postage from the UK).

I buy my protein and other supplements on eBay. Even after the shipping costs it works out cheaper than buying them here.

? What kind of protein,from where and how much?I cannot believe that this can be cheaper!

I recently bought 5 lbs (2.23 kg) of BSN 'Syntha 6' protein on eBay for 2100 Baht (including postage from the UK).

So you bought a protein that cost round 30-40 pound plus bout 20 pounds for shipping and only paid 2100 baht.

How is that possible?

I will order there too,but i couldnt find any deal near what you are saying!

Maybe a knock off product?i would be very carefull!

So you bought a protein that cost round 30-40 pound plus bout 20 pounds for shipping and only paid 2100 baht.

How is that possible?

I will order there too,but i couldnt find any deal near what you are saying!

Maybe a knock off product?i would be very carefull!

Go to eBay.co.uk and paste this number into the search box: 260543345689 (or do a search for the seller 'fasterdigital')

It was 45 GBP (approx 2100 baht) with free international shipping.

I just checked now and the seller is still offering free shipping to Thailand.

It's certainly not knock-off.

Edited by Scrubber

DO NOT TOUCH SOY. IT CONVERT TO ESTROGEN VERY EASILY. Trust me I am a powerlifter and Strong man. Soy is not what you want. Stick with the Whey.

soy protein powder worked wonders for me when I was into that kind of thing. (100kg by age 20)

Would expect it to be dirt cheap here - seeing as i can get homemade soy milk for 5 baht!

But if you feel you must sustain the myth of Mass produced sports supplements...

personally if you want to gain muscle just eat natural foods.

fish - tuna etc.

fruit

smoothies: raw egg whites and skimmed milk powder + banana + cinammon.

soy powder

multivitamins.

etc etc.

DO NOT TOUCH SOY. IT CONVERT TO ESTROGEN VERY EASILY. Trust me I am a powerlifter and Strong man. Soy is not what you want. Stick with the Whey.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun TexasMike,

Do you have any scientific evidence that a possible increase in estrogen related to soy milk intake is harmful ? Produces a different effect in women than in men ?

Do you have any evidence that a given quantity of soy milk will produce any quantifiable change in measureable estrogen levels, and what the physiological effects of that would be on men and/or women.

We are sorry, but the fact you can lift heavy objects is not a reason to accept your statements in matters of science and nutrition at "face value."

We had one post on TV CM a few years ago about this: the person claiming soy was not good for you, based on a hypothetical increase in estrogen, gave as his reference the site of an Asian born Canadian chiropractor and naturopath who at one point in his site made the frank admission that he had no evidence for any negative impact of soy.

best, ~o:37;