Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

Not to step on anybody's feet, but I actually asked myself the same question. Does Central World not have a sprinkle system? If it does, and I think it must have one, why did it not work? Now I won't blame the government for it, but the question why the fire extinguishers in Central World didn't work sounds reasonable to me.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about the firefighters, but they DO have sprinklers inside the building. There's one like every few feet. It might have been because the water was switched off. Great planning whoever did it.

It could well have sprinklers but they can only do so much and wouldn't be much use at putting out a gasoline fire.

If the sprinklers didn't work I would be accusing the reds first for turning the water off , because all these fires have probably been planned months ago , just look what they have targeted in a short time and it probably wont be the last of their terrorism acts.

And also part of the plan has been to set snipers up to fire at firefighters if media reports are correct.

What a lot of low life scum and they even stand and applaud when its burning.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the posters, who I will not name, that were posting endlessly that the government should go in blazing and take out the reds?

Well they did what you wanted and now look at the city and nation.

Bangkok could end up gone if this goes on for weeks and months.

You farang fat butts can go home but Thais are stuck here.

Your idea was indeed a very bab bad idea.

I'm kind of wondering why the fire extinguishers in Central World didn't work. Possibly because the government turned off the water?

It wouldn't have burned down unless someone set a fire. Duh!

Of course, that's obvious. But insurance companies will surely be looking into why the sprinklers didn't work. And if it was because the water was turned off, I smell a lawsuit coming.

Yes, always blame things on something else, not the red shirts

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Nine bodies found in Pathumwanaram Temple

Doctor Piyalarp Wasuwat, a doctor of Phra Mongkut Hospital said Wednesday night that nine bodies were found inside the Pathumwanaram Temple.

He said seven injured people were also found in the temple. Only two of them agreed to receive treatment at his hospital.

Piyalarp said officials will move the bodies out of the temple Thursday.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Why would only two agree to receive treatment?

As many of you, i´m shocked with todays, events. Felt so bad for people who died or got injured is this stupid way. Also i could hardly believe when i saw Zen World Central set on fire, the Theather and the other sites tourched out.

The lawyers of people affected by this criminal actions, should inmediatly file a sue on courts against Thaksin for causing this events with his financing violence, and seize every bath of his funds and properties he and his family still have in Thailand.

I hope that Thailand and it´s mayority of extraordinary hard working people would recover from this sad and dark times soon.

Thanks 2 georgebkk and all the Twitters for their effort to keep us informed.

PS: See the "Not terrorists. Peaceful protesters" clapping and cheering as Central World burns down.

I think we knew what kind of "people?" - and I use the term very loosely - these Red Shirts are. They feel great because to them they finally got back at the "elites" who they hate even though without the elites there would be no jobs, no civilisation for these scumbags to live in.

what this say to me is no poor people to exploit as cleaner, taxi driver and most important to many here, no poor girls have to work in bars and dance for horrid old falangs

Sorry, but NOBODY can FORCE anybody to work in bars and dance for farangs. If those girls (and boys) had some dignity and pride, if they gave their own value more importance than MONEY, they would not do it. Dancing in bars is an easy way to get a lot of money in short time. There are plenty of factories looking for workers, but it doesn't pay the same as a night in a bar. YOUR choice. Don't blame farangs on that, this business existed BEFORE farangs came to Thailand. The only difference is, that farangs pay a bit better. Again, YOUR choice to work what you want to work. YOUR choice to set priorities between dignity and money. I used to work in a factory for many years and I promise, these girls and boys there would NEVER EVER even THINK about working in a bar. It is not because you are poor that you have to work in a bar, it is because you want to get rich the easy way. Again, YOUR choice.

nationlogo.jpg

Doctor Piyalarp Wasuwat, a doctor of Phra Mongkut Hospital said Wednesday night that nine bodies were found inside the Pathumwanaram Temple.

He said seven injured people were also found in the temple. Only two of them agreed to receive treatment at his hospital.

That's weird, how did they die in a Wat?

Where are the posters, who I will not name, that were posting endlessly that the government should go in blazing and take out the reds?

So, I imagine you would have given in to these thugs?

What a load of BS. All these people are, are terrorists. That word is over used these days, but anyone who would kill, bomb, burn the residents and businesses of a city are clearly a threat.

After its all said and done it seems that the reds will lose the respect they had earned, and the bargaining chips they had are gone.

Nope, they are freedom fighters going to extraordinary lengths to achieve the outcome most of us take for granted.

Is the French Revolution regarded as acts of terrorism? Did anyone call the Greece rioters terrorists? And you haven't seen the last of Europe in flames either, guaranteed.

And it really is none of our f**king business...

yep as the previous poster said, these red animals are 100% terrorists. no idea <deleted> youre going on about with this europe crap. savage terrorists who belong behind bars for a few decades. they are pawns of thaksin who do not think, just do as told for a few baht. they have all the freedom they need up with their kwais on the rice farms. this aint no freedom fight. it's a pawn payoff by a master terrorist named thaksin who will be brought to justice and hopefully tried and convicted and given a death sentence. Amen

Twenty-30 years in prison or tell who your financiers were and we can give you a mere two years in prison

For the rest of the world it might look more like: "20-30 years in prison or you tell everyone that Thaksin was the financier and get away with merely two."

Don't mistunderstand me. I agree that Thaksin is the financier and probably main leader of the protest. Although I think his the degree of reaL control is limited (making him out to be the absolute mastermind gives him way too much credit). But even the corruption charges against him are still seen as dubious or politically motivated by a great part of the international community. The credibility of red leaders implicating Thaksin to avoid longer jail sentences is just too conveniently in line with what the government wants people to believe to go unquestioned. That now the world finally wakes up and sees Mr. T for what he really is, seems IMO no less naive then the red dellusions of Abhisit standing trial at The Huage for crimes against humanity.

Hey it could get interesting. They could point blame to the CIA or even Al Qaeda as financiers.

Well wouldn't that throw them a curve ball. How much of a discount do you get for stating it was financed by someone other than Thaksin?

Hahhaaha...i have no idea what are you talking right now.. so many mistakes in the grammar.. come.. shoot me for valid reason.. I am kind to accept other people opinion rather than just denying like you.. I wonder if we got a chance to meet any western foreigner to test for our english mastering capability..

There we have it proof positive of troll status.. that wasn't so hard to admit now was it? Thanks for playing, but you have a long way to go to master the troll skill level of many of your other new "friends" on TV

After so long, you still consider others as troll.. what a stubborn people i have ever meet.. please go ahead.. whatever i want to post and share.. i have done enough.. it is up to you whether you guys accept or not.. I dont bother either.. let sit back and wait.. how many riot will come out.. after today..

nationlogo.jpg

It's not weird. They were taking injured people there and there wasn't an easy way to get them to a hospital.

nationlogo.jpg

Why would only two agree to receive treatment?

something to hide could be the reason, link to hardcore extremists. Injuries from today I think.

Shortly after the red leaders surrendered or went on the run it went up in flames, they did say previously that Bangkok would burn and burn it is in parts, IMO this was preplanned..

Now the debate will rage on like the fires in Bangkok and some people will say it had nothing to do with the reds, whoever it was it's a sad time for Thailand at the moment.

whoever it was I'll put him on the same league as Ben Laden.

whoever says it had nothing to do with the reds I'll put him in the same league as (your favourite derogatory term here)

Great trolling Robert keep it coming your doing a great job for your first day now don't forget to mention the yellow's at the airport.

and the elite.

Edited by Tony121

hahaha, well some of us "farang fat butts" (very classy btw) are HOME here... so we are not going anywhere and it still was the right thing to do for the long term.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Wrong SomTum...! The good, honest and disenfranchised citizens of Thailand do not deserve being trampled and killed by the very Army that is paid to protect them.

When a legitimate government, elected by the citizens of Thailand, returns the country to the people then the old guard of the Army should be retired and a new generation should begin to restore the integrity of the Army.

Your rants and name calling have nomeaning.

nationlogo.jpg

It's not weird. They were taking injured people there and there wasn't an easy way to get them to a hospital.

Police hospital is just a stone throw away.

true. no business for a while. i recon the mall will be closed for at least one year. sad story for businessmen.

Now, what on earth would make you think that it will be closed? :)

One year is lucky. More like 4-5 years, it took that long to remodel the WTC into Central world. Even more if the building has to be imploded and financing has to be secured. It took a decade for the WTC to get financing to finish the building in the first place.

this is more tsunami like. people intend to forget fast. in a couple of days the first tourist will take a walk to the ruins and take pics before they leave to pattaya. in a few months the major will repoen again. don't forget: money rules and thailand needs da big cash from farang tourists ASAP.

I have to say this about the Australian media tonight,

My 14yr old son was watching a 7.30pm News Report tonight on the today's Bangkok Red Shirt Dispersal when he said to me "Mum there playing the soundtrack to the New X-Box 360 Halo Game"

Yep, the Aussie Media put a thrash metal, X-Box 360 Halo soundtrack as they played video footage of the Carnage, violence, pain & suffering that was a recap of the last 5 days of Bangkok Protests!!!

Aussie Media - You Have A Lot To Learn, Make Me Sick!!!

Are you telling us that the government went in because some farangs in this forum suggested so?

You really don't have a big opinion about your government, do you? I think they can make that decision by themselves, and I'm sure they did it without this forum.

By the way, I'm only 61 kg, less fat than many Thais. And I intend to stay here. Even though there are some not so smart Thais posting here. Still believe you are not the majority.

true. no business for a while. i recon the mall will be closed for at least one year. sad story for businessmen.

Now, what on earth would make you think that it will be closed? :)

One year is lucky. More like 4-5 years, it took that long to remodel the WTC into Central world. Even more if the building has to be imploded and financing has to be secured. It took a decade for the WTC to get financing to finish the building in the first place.

this is more tsunami like. people intend to forget fast. in a couple of days the first tourist will take a walk to the ruins and take pics before they leave to pattaya. in a few months the major will repoen again. don't forget: money rules and thailand needs da big cash from farang tourists ASAP.

Don't think so Jimbo!

well today has been a rough day for me and the family..... i lost one of my buisness today,,, hundreds of man hours of work, blood sweat and tears..... :) as did our uncle, scala, lido, and questionable at this time marina the perps from scala have been caught and will be dealt with....To those that dare make excuses for this nonsenes act of blatent terrorism by the taksin army, i would be more than happy to meet you in person anywhere any time for a face to face discussion...You are disgusting examples of human beings..

At this point in time thailand has its own osama bin laden

Shortly after the red leaders surrendered or went on the run it went up in flames, they did say previously that Bangkok would burn and burn it is in parts, IMO this was preplanned..

Now the debate will rage on like the fires in Bangkok and some people will say it had nothing to do with the reds, whoever it was it's a sad time for Thailand at the moment.

Yep. My GF showed me a video of one of the red leaders saying (effectively) "If we (the leaders) get taken, then you (the protestors) have to burn the buildings".

Wrong SomTum...! The good, honest and disenfranchised citizens of Thailand do not deserve being trampled and killed by the very Army that is paid to protect them.

When a legitimate government, elected by the citizens of Thailand, returns the country to the people then the old guard of the Army should be retired and a new generation should begin to restore the integrity of the Army.

Your rants and name calling have nomeaning.

Mr. Pot, please meet your new best friend Mr Kettle...I can only say thank goodness for people like you, we all need a bit of levity in times like this