Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

The reds never actually asked for an election. They asked for dissolution which by its very nature causes a power vacuum.

Inquiring minds may want to think about what wouldhave occured in that power vacuum.

The reds never actually asked for anything. They demanded, demanded, demanded. They had three days of negotiations, then demanded that their demands be met before they'd "negotiate" further. They initially accepted the road map and November elections (LIKE KIDS TOMORROW I WILL BUY YOU NEW BIKES, TOMORROW; I HAVE TO GO OUT OF TOWN ON BUSINESS; NEXT WEEK; NEXT MONTH KIDS I HAVE TO GO ON HOLIDAYS. WHEN WERE THEY GOING TO HOLD THE ELECTIONS?) then demanded that Suthep turned himself in to the police. He did so. They demanded he turn himself in to some other police, and the government quite rightly withdrew its proposal (MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO SOME RESEARCH ON HIM START WITH GOOGLE THAN GO THROUGH THE THAI COURTS SYSTEM, AND LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINION THEN). They demanded that the army cease fire and withdraw, despite the army being away from the main protest site and it was the reds' own thugs that were coming out to attack it. And despite all these demands, not once did they ever tell us just what they ultimately wanted. NOT ONCE WERE THEY GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO TELL ANYONE ON EVERYDAY CHANNELS. THEY ALWAYS HAD A TROLL SPEAKING OVER THE TOP OF WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. Sure, they demanded dissolution of parliament, but then what? They demanded a change to the system, but how? By voting in the same old corrupt PTP mob? Chalerm and Co? The same miserable bunch of thieving, murdering rogues who, by decades of support for the rice barons, the joke education system and the "do what you like if you're rich" mentality, are directly responsible for the poor being in the position they're in?EXACTLY RIGHT BUT DONT GIVE ONLY HALF THE NAMES AND POLITICAL PARTIES GIVE THEM ALL. ONCE AGAIN DO YOUR RESEARCH YOU COULD START WITH LETS SAY YOU MENTIONED RICE BARONS OK NHRC THAILAND

No, the current protests and thuggery THIS STARTED WHEN BROTHERS, SISTERS, ETC. GOT ATTACKED BY THE ARMY FOR @#$# SAKE AND KILLED began when Thaksin had over half his frozen assets confiscated, it ended for the leaders when he, and his family and associates, had their monetary transactions frozen, although the glut of new pro Thaksin members here suggests he's found a new way to "invest" his money, now he no longer has to pay off the protestors. The assurances by his brother, and by Seh Daeng, that it would all be over if he was pardoned. How much more evidence is required? IF THEY HAVE THE PROOF; DO THE CRIME! PAY THE TIME! BUT THIS SHOULD GO FOR ALL PEOPLE. LET OTHERS OFF LET THEM ALL OFF INCLUDING THAKSIN. MY POSITION IS DO THEM ALL INCLUDING THAKSIN.

The current burning and looting is an aftershock. Hundreds of young men, many who are, from video evidence, plainly drugged up and/or drunk, who have been wound up by the constant hate speech coming from the stage, and broadcast around the country, are running riot. It has happened in all major riots in the west too, a group of violence lovers who seize the temporary lapse in law and order to go on the rampage. They'll be rounded up and dealt with over the next weeks, if not days. Sorry for bursting the bubbles of all those gleefully posting here on the fall of the country, the start of the civil war, the beginning of the end. You're out of luck boys, go find another country to tear apart. But then again, anyone celebrating the senseless, willfull destruction of property and people livelihoods doesn't really warrant having any time spent on them, so, other than saying my own thoughts on hearing of the destruction of Central World, and all the other places burning tonight, are simply ones of immense sadness, that's enough. WHO MADE THE PROFITS ON THE DRUGS?

Enjoy your research. time they found someone who is going to be honest and bring the country back together with honesty and fairness by prosecuting ALL guilty parties and stopping the double standards. (Yes what a dream). I am sure if it was possible to have an complete open forum many eyes would be opened including mine. We don't know halve of what is going on behind the scenes. But we are all trying to put 2 and 3 together.

I can also see a couple of rednecks from the govt camp in a lot of international trouble.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's stop feeding the trolls, please. Always the some crap over and over. :)

For some people only posted 42 messages so far.. what should we address you? A real Thailander? Should we give any award to you by keeping quiet?

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Wrong SomTum...! The good, honest and disenfranchised citizens of Thailand do not deserve being trampled and killed by the very Army that is paid to protect them.

When a legitimate government, elected by the citizens of Thailand, returns the country to the people then the old guard of the Army should be retired and a new generation should begin to restore the integrity of the Army.

Your rants and name calling have nomeaning.

It is OK for army to shoot and kill terrorist like Thaksin et al.

It is NOT OK to burn down Central, my favorite shopping mall.

Quite a lot of foreigners do have full citizenship but what I really meant was for foreigners to dissaprove of the red movement in any way.

Do you have a source for the "quite a lot" part?

Shortly after the red leaders surrendered or went on the run it went up in flames, they did say previously that Bangkok would burn and burn it is in parts, IMO this was preplanned..

Now the debate will rage on like the fires in Bangkok and some people will say it had nothing to do with the reds, whoever it was it's a sad time for Thailand at the moment.

Yep. My GF showed me a video of one of the red leaders saying (effectively) "If we (the leaders) get taken, then you (the protestors) have to burn the buildings".

they have preached that in their daily sermon of barbarism.

Tweets from the Nation that Central World might be collapsing.

So far all pics I have seen are of a fire on the Zen side of CW (next to the BTS tracks). Does anybody know if the fire is extending to the central portion of the front building, or to the new atrium between the Zen department store and the office building?

BMA official: After 9 hrs of fire at Central World, the ZEN section has been totally gutted @tulsathit

EDIT: Removed stupid remark so someone doesn't misunderstand it.

Apparently lots of fire engines there now. I take it that means the snipers have been removed or ran away.

Wrong SomTum...! The good, honest and disenfranchised citizens of Thailand do not deserve being trampled and killed by the very Army that is paid to protect them.

When a legitimate government, elected by the citizens of Thailand, returns the country to the people then the old guard of the Army should be retired and a new generation should begin to restore the integrity of the Army.

I think you will find that "citizens of Thailand" did elect the MPs currently in government?

Edited by whybother

Hahhaaha...i have no idea what are you talking right now.. so many mistakes in the grammar.. come.. shoot me for valid reason.. I am kind to accept other people opinion rather than just denying like you.. I wonder if we got a chance to meet any western foreigner to test for our english mastering capability..

There we have it proof positive of troll status.. that wasn't so hard to admit now was it? Thanks for playing, but you have a long way to go to master the troll skill level of many of your other new "friends" on TV

After so long, you still consider others as troll.. what a stubborn people i have ever meet.. please go ahead.. whatever i want to post and share.. i have done enough.. it is up to you whether you guys accept or not.. I dont bother either.. let sit back and wait.. how many riot will come out.. after today..

After so long you only joined up 3 hours ago!

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Nine bodies found in Pathumwanaram Temple

Doctor Piyalarp Wasuwat, a doctor of Phra Mongkut Hospital said Wednesday night that nine bodies were found inside the Pathumwanaram Temple.

He said seven injured people were also found in the temple. Only two of them agreed to receive treatment at his hospital.

Piyalarp said officials will move the bodies out of the temple Thursday.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

That's weird, how did they die in a Wat?

It's not weird. They were taking injured people there and there wasn't an easy way to get them to a hospital.

Police hospital is just a stone throw away.

It was being evacuated because of the Central Mall fire that reds started. Lovely people, salt of the earth, don't you know?

Video footage on Central World:

were those red shirts clapping coz it was on fire? :)

Yeap, it seems to be the case from the video; where were the army? Is not that just a step further to really cleanup the place and avoid this multi billion lost because of this fire?

Shortly after the red leaders surrendered or went on the run it went up in flames, they did say previously that Bangkok would burn and burn it is in parts, IMO this was preplanned..

Now the debate will rage on like the fires in Bangkok and some people will say it had nothing to do with the reds, whoever it was it's a sad time for Thailand at the moment.

Yep. My GF showed me a video of one of the red leaders saying (effectively) "If we (the leaders) get taken, then you (the protestors) have to burn the buildings".

Please post this video for the world to see.

For some people only posted 42 messages so far.. what should we address you? A real Thailander? Should we give any award to you by keeping quiet?

Newsflash there Mr. Lemon, it's not the quantity it's the content.

He does not only tell them to burn down (whatever), he also says, he will take responsibility for the burnings!!! Isnt' that great? Now we know who is responsible.

Maybe it was this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M9XiJoWSSs

or maybe this one

or maybe this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vRhaHRzuo

well today has been a rough day for me and the family..... i lost one of my buisness today,,, hundreds of man hours of work, blood sweat and tears..... :) as did our uncle, scala, lido, and questionable at this time marina the perps from scala have been caught and will be dealt with....To those that dare make excuses for this nonsenes act of blatent terrorism by the taksin army, i would be more than happy to meet you in person anywhere any time for a face to face discussion...You are disgusting examples of human beings..

At this point in time thailand has its own osama bin laden

That's sad...

What was your business?

(if I may ask)

Newsflash there Mr. Lemon, it's not the quantity it's the content.

Show me some of your contents which are deemed to be quality and moderate.. I will keep my mouth shut ..

I have to say this about the Australian media tonight,

My 14yr old son was watching a 7.30pm News Report tonight on the today's Bangkok Red Shirt Dispersal when he said to me "Mum there playing the soundtrack to the New X-Box 360 Halo Game"

Yep, the Aussie Media put a thrash metal, X-Box 360 Halo soundtrack as they played video footage of the Carnage, violence, pain & suffering that was a recap of the last 5 days of Bangkok Protests!!!

Aussie Media - You Have A Lot To Learn, Make Me Sick!!!

Well the govt station had John Lennon's "Imagine" on here showing the similar. Makes me sick to the core! Next they will play Elvis the Kin_g of RR "Please Mr Postman" with a shot of Thaksin in a parcel being delivered to them.

It is already some days ago I was close at the barricade near Victory monument. Big dark clouds of burning tires where going up in the sky. There was a woman with a speaker telling about the situation of the reds behind the barricades, she was definetely a red shirt supporter.

There were many people just passing by. It was a strange situation. People just passing by to do their thing like we were doing and those scenes of streetwar so close. When the Woman finished her story in wich she was blaming the government for what was happening I was surprised to hear many of the ' ordinary people passing by' aplauding for her. And I was thinking; why do I read the red shirts have lost their support.

I see many people like to point at Thaksin, the red shirts, the redshirt leaders. Some other people, how much I do not know , point to Abhisit and his government. But in fact, Thailand now is harvesting the results of a history in wich a rich elite has been ruling a nation for a long period by greed. One can blame Thaksin and the red shirts, one can blame Abhisit in dealing in his way with these tragic continuing situation. But this did not fall from the sky one day by total surprise. The shopping centre is set on fire were poor people not even were allowed to enter, Now the bank is set on fire were poor people were not allowed to enter. Now government buildings are attacked. This is not about Thaksins, Abhisits, coloured shirts, This is about a great part of the population in Thailand, who, aware or unaware of all the political details, are sick about this continuing history of elite civilians and second class civilians, greed, corruption in money and power, arrogance, inhumanity. It is a sad thing but Thailand is in a situation where many western countries have been before. Where problems existed of the same origin and where people started real fights and even war driven by their feelings of unjustice. Today in modern times, we call these people terrorists and many people think in doing so we solve a problem. I would say, the problems for Thailand maybe have only started now because the other 'terrorists' are the people wearing fine suits, having big estates and many privilliges from their 'friends' and lots and lots of money on their bankaccounts, money that belong to the people of Thailand. They have been well dressed terrorists for many decennia in the past history. They do not fight on the streets they do not die on the streets, they die in their bed. they are not called 'terrorists' , but 'succesfull bussinespeople'. They have no plans to leave their golden 'barricades' by wich they can occupy the golden roads of their fortune centers.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Great name mate

As all you have ever spoken is pure drivel

Why is it so hard for you to understand

Thailands goverment is as legimate as the U.Ks conservative / lib coalition wether you agree or not its legally binding,taht being accepted in the U.K you wont see a load of unemployed scousers wacking down to Oxford street for 2 months just because their dole isnt on the rise

IT IS THE REALITY OF WHAT THE WORD CALLS DEMOCRACY !!!!!! JESUS !!!! HOW MANY TIMES !!!!

The way that you verbalise your views sounds like your quoting from one of those quotes for idiot books

What new generation of army leaders,what the ..... do you know about the integrity of the army in Thailand

Been in the forces here have you James !

NO...Exactly !!!!!!!

As for Central World? It will be rebuilt to great fanfare using the very same people that the Reds said demanded 'democracy'. So in a way, the Reds have guaranteed employment for thousands in the year to come and the insurance companies will cough up and so will we, their premium holders.

Using your logic, burning down every commercial structure will surely guaranty even more employment.

It is already some days ago I was close at the barricade near Victory monument. Big dark clouds of burning tires where going up in the sky. There was a woman with a speaker telling about the situation of the reds behind the barricades, she was definetely a red shirt supporter.

There were many people just passing by. It was a strange situation. People just passing by to do their thing like we were doing and those scenes of streetwar so close. When the Woman finished her story in wich she was blaming the government for what was happening I was surprised to hear many of the ' ordinary people passing by' aplauding for her. And I was thinking; why do I read the red shirts have lost their support.

And then the birds came out,and the people started to dance in the rainbows to the sound of freedom

Are you having a laugh

How much do you get per word again ?