Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

I just hope they imprison as many of the savage animals as possible for a long long time. I'm still hoping for Issan to be made into a separate country so that animals can live with animals.

This is very rude. People is people. People is not animals.

People who kill other people, and burn and destroy - have lost their rights to be labeled - human.

Kinda true in a sense. I have yet to see a dog burn and destroy. But I have seen a few dogs help other dogs though!

That might be the difference between dogs and (some) "people". When I saw the reports in Udon Thani (If I'm not wrong) where "people" beat up the yellows, I was really wondering whether those "people" really make part of the humanity. I actually felt they were worse than dogs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty-30 years in prison or tell who your financiers were and we can give you a mere two years in prison

For the rest of the world it might look more like: "20-30 years in prison or you tell everyone that Thaksin was the financier and get away with merely two."

Don't mistunderstand me. I agree that Thaksin is the financier and probably main leader of the protest. Although I think his the degree of reaL control is limited (making him out to be the absolute mastermind gives him way too much credit). But even the corruption charges against him are still seen as dubious or politically motivated by a great part of the international community. The credibility of red leaders implicating Thaksin to avoid longer jail sentences is just too conveniently in line with what the government wants people to believe to go unquestioned. That now the world finally wakes up and sees Mr. T for what he really is, seems IMO no less naive then the red dellusions of Abhisit standing trial at The Huage for crimes against humanity.

CRES: Arsonists/terrorists May Face Maximum Penalty of Capital Punishment

Burn them at the stake at Rajasaprong

They're arsonists. They'll appreciate the irony  

PS: See the "Not terrorists. Peaceful protesters" clapping and cheering as Central World burns down.

I think we knew what kind of "people?" - and I use the term very loosely - these Red Shirts are. They feel great because to them they finally got back at the "elites" who they hate even though without the elites there would be no jobs, no civilisation for these scumbags to live in.

what this say to me is no poor people to exploit as cleaner, taxi driver and most important to many here, no poor girls have to work in bars and dance for horrid old falangs

I hope that the owners of this Mall sue the finacial backers of the Red Shirts for every penny they have!

Txs for the laugh dude. You have a better chance of seeing a 30 mile wide comet slam into Lumpini Park.

Or even a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow 555

I spoke to a police friend who was getting drunk in chiang rai all the bars seem to have closed now at 11 pm but he said all the banks are closed for the next 2 days. I am supposed to go to get the one year visa from mae sai on Friday? Does this mean they will be shut also?

PS: See the "Not terrorists. Peaceful protesters" clapping and cheering as Central World burns down.

I think we knew what kind of "people?" - and I use the term very loosely - these Red Shirts are. They feel great because to them they finally got back at the "elites" who they hate even though without the elites there would be no jobs, no civilisation for these scumbags to live in.

And the chances of these arsonists being caught will be very slim , lets hope everyone with photo's can send them in to CRES.

I'm kind of wondering why the fire extinguishers in Central World didn't work. Possibly because the government turned off the water?

It wouldn't have burned down unless someone set a fire. Duh!

what this say to me is no poor people to exploit as cleaner, taxi driver and most important to many here, no poor girls have to work in bars and dance for horrid old falangs

Yes. Now they will have NO job. Don't know if that's going to do them any good.

For some people like you do not accept other opinion and so call other as "Troll" will never learn and improve. Think properly before you post also which your mind is full of innocent blood.. Nothing is more important than a life.. I believe.. for your entire life.. you do not know what is politic and you are only bias for one site due to current situation... Listen here.. No one state that the Red Shirt is doing the right things.. however, tell yourself.. who bring this protest idea to those "low-educated" residents? It is (I guess - personal) is your lovely Yellow shirt protesters.. When the situation come to worse.. why there is so hard to dissolute and held another election to make a clean and international accepted government?? Whatever consequence is come from and initiatives.. learn before you object other people opinion.. thanks

You are clearly a troll and saying you are not does not make it so... I gather English is not your first language and that is fine, but it does make it a bit harder to understand exactly what you are going on about. You did NOT offer up opinions you presented a bunch of items as factual. As in what the REDS wanted to happen to the Vice PM, which was incorrect as were the other all the other comments you made..

As for your continued babbling I don't own any yellow shirts, they are not mine and I detest what they did every bit as I do what the REDS did, you please store that cliche for another day.

You my friend need a better grasp on the language before you post some of the things you do, not an insult just a friendly suggestion as nothing you said it that post came across as logical.. the protest idea was not brought to the "low educated" residents by anyone other than their local thug leaders that rounded them up for the slaughter by their "dear leader" time to pull your head out of the sand

Hahhaaha...i have no idea what are you talking right now.. so many mistakes in the grammar.. come.. shoot me for valid reason.. I am kind to accept other people opinion rather than just denying like you.. I wonder if we got a chance to meet any western foreigner to test for our english mastering capability..

I'm kind of wondering why the fire extinguishers in Central World didn't work. Possibly because the government turned off the water?

It wouldn't have burned down unless someone set a fire. Duh!

Of course, that's obvious. But insurance companies will surely be looking into why the sprinklers didn't work. And if it was because the water was turned off, I smell a lawsuit coming.

Not to step on anybody's feet, but I actually asked myself the same question. Does Central World not have a sprinkle system? If it does, and I think it must have one, why did it not work? Now I won't blame the government for it, but the question why the fire extinguishers in Central World didn't work sounds reasonable to me.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about the firefighters, but they DO have sprinklers inside the building. There's one like every few feet. It might have been because the water was switched off. Great planning whoever did it.

It could well have sprinklers but they can only do so much and wouldn't be much use at putting out a gasoline fire.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Some parts of Central World have collapsed on Wednesday night after red shirts protesters broke into and set fire on the shopping complex.

Thai TPBS interviewed a man living in a community near the shopping complex. He said some parts of the shopping complex collapse, but no injuries.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Twenty-30 years in prison or tell who your financiers were and we can give you a mere two years in prison

For the rest of the world it might look more like: "20-30 years in prison or you tell everyone that Thaksin was the financier and get away with merely two."

Don't mistunderstand me. I agree that Thaksin is the financier and probably main leader of the protest. Although I think his the degree of reaL control is limited (making him out to be the absolute mastermind gives him way too much credit). But even the corruption charges against him are still seen as dubious or politically motivated by a great part of the international community. The credibility of red leaders implicating Thaksin to avoid longer jail sentences is just too conveniently in line with what the government wants people to believe to go unquestioned. That now the world finally wakes up and sees Mr. T for what he really is, seems IMO no less naive then the red dellusions of Abhisit standing trial at The Huage for crimes against humanity.

Hey it could get interesting. They could point blame to the CIA or even Al Qaeda as financiers.

You're wrong

I've posted nothing on the red/protest/political threads except a general weariness about farangs who suddenly know everything about Thai politics.

If you meant any of that tripe seriously then I apologise for over-estimating you and congratulate you on being the first single cell organism to learn to type

I believe I should thank to your apologize and congratulation.. is it?

I am sure that those behind this preplanned city-wide arson

are not concerned about the short-arm of the law.

They perhaps should be concerned about crossing Thai-Chinese business interests.

A list from Wednesday's SITREP

Details of Fires in Bangkok as Red-shirt Renegades Lashed out

A number of fires and chaotic incidents broke out in Bangkok after the red-shirt core leaders have called off the red-shirt protest earlier today. The firefighting department has been able to put the fire under control at some areas but others remain unreachable and unsafe for firemen to entire. These areas include;

1. Siam Square and Paragon: firefighters are unable to enter the area, red-shirt protesters are armed and are shooting at will

2. Centara Grand: fire has been put out

3. Stock Exchange of Thailand office: firemen unable to enter the area

4. Mahachon Plaza (entrance of Wireless Rd-Ploenchit Rd): firemen also unable to approach the area

5. Krung Thai and Bangkok Bank (Asoke Branch)

6. Narcotics Control Board

7. Bangkok Bank (Din Daeng): fire under control

8. Maleenont Building: firemen unable to enter the area

9. Bangkok Bank and Lotus Rama 4: firemen unable to get in

10. EGAT Klongtoey: fire under control

11. Central World: currently being put out by firefighters

12. Bangkok Bank (Victory Monument)

Plus, of course, the various other attacks on Banks not listed here - as well as a slew of Bank ATMs - plus the attacks on Thai Channel 3 plus The Nation and The BKK Post - not to mention the insidious broad threat to media (well, perhaps BBC and CNN deserve it for their ridiculous reporting of events!! :) )

Disguised as acts of random hooliganism. All well planned in advance. And carefully overseen.

All being attacks on entities believed by Thacky to be, or represent, his enemies.

The Government's clampdown yesterday on Thacky's/Cronies' funding sources (why they didn't do that months ago is beyond me!) really, really hurt!!

Let's hope that on/off Terrorism Arrest Warrant for Thacky gets fully processed without delay. Plus the evil hag who's his so-called "ex-wife" and the prime terrorist loot distributor.

And, of course, too hope that swift and proper justice is brought to bear upon the 'Red' terrorist thugs who carried out these dastardly dees, plus their insidious 'Red' overseers! :D

I read a Tweet yesterday after Seh Daeng's right hand man was arrested that he said Thakisan had a backup plan if The Red Shirts protesters rally was dispersed and The Red Leaders arrested (of course back up plan was not explained in the Tweet)..

Would it be a vaild theory to say The Black Shirts are Seh Daeng's trained militia that disperesed 2 yrs ago the back up plan being...

Some Black Shirts left in BKK - buildings strategicly set up to be torched with gas cylnders left on upper floors to explode once first floors are ignited etc causing maximum impact with very little effort, this could of been arranged throughout the week in retribution for the killing of Seh Daeng..

Other Black Shirts sent to other Provinces - reports that in Chiang Mai, is that it was Black Shirts who first set up the the barricades and initial burning tyres to welcome home the dipersed protesters etc etc as Red's are gathered at the train station..

Theory being that if civil unrest is spread nationaly & is unable to be controlled it could turn to Civil War, thus providing perhaps the military to take control nationaly, leverage for Red's demand to amnesty for criminals to be put back on the table for negotiations, or like a pheonix rising from the ashes, an opportunity for demands to have Thakisan return and restore order????

Kaos first, & like a Messiah rising from the Dead to lead his chosen peoples to Peace....

Just a theory or should I just go back to doing dishes and taking care of babies???

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Nine bodies found in Pathumwanaram Temple

Doctor Piyalarp Wasuwat, a doctor of Phra Mongkut Hospital said Wednesday night that nine bodies were found inside the Pathumwanaram Temple.

He said seven injured people were also found in the temple. Only two of them agreed to receive treatment at his hospital.

Piyalarp said officials will move the bodies out of the temple Thursday.

true. no business for a while. i recon the mall will be closed for at least one year. sad story for businessmen.

Now, what on earth would make you think that it will be closed? :)

One year is lucky. More like 4-5 years, it took that long to remodel the WTC into Central world. Even more if the building has to be imploded and financing has to be secured. It took a decade for the WTC to get financing to finish the building in the first place.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

Hey monkey, I'm missing the warrants against Aghisit and his horde for murde innocent people.

Do you have any brain or lost it last night in a bar???

Honestly.. I am here to release my tension after seeing so many people killed by the government..

Who underwrites the insurance of Central World? I'd be interested to know in reality who's pocket just took a caning... :)

More than likely they are in the same family. :D

Would be surprised if there is not some government assistance.

what about all those mom & pop stores in Siam Square

So many people's lives and livelihoods have been destroyed, runied or badly damaged today by these disgraceful acts of terror

1st I have to say I am sorry about the fire.

This is not the 1st time Central have a major fire. Chidlom (HQ) had a major fire just when it was due for a refit about 10 years ago. Some said it was an insurance scam (no proof). So I am sure that Central is well cover by insurance. As long as no one get hurt, I don't care less. Plus they are a listed company.

However, I do not believe that those mom & pop stores in Siam Square have any insurance. It will affect their lives for sure.

Hahhaaha...i have no idea what are you talking right now.. so many mistakes in the grammar.. come.. shoot me for valid reason.. I am kind to accept other people opinion rather than just denying like you.. I wonder if we got a chance to meet any western foreigner to test for our english mastering capability..

There we have it proof positive of troll status.. that wasn't so hard to admit now was it? Thanks for playing, but you have a long way to go to master the troll skill level of many of your other new "friends" on TV

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation Nine bodies found in Pathumwanaram Temple

Doctor Piyalarp Wasuwat, a doctor of Phra Mongkut Hospital said Wednesday night that nine bodies were found inside the Pathumwanaram Temple.

He said seven injured people were also found in the temple. Only two of them agreed to receive treatment at his hospital.

Piyalarp said officials will move the bodies out of the temple Thursday.

Where does the bodies come from?

OMG. Long dead or die today?

I am sure that those behind this preplanned city-wide arson

are not concerned about the short-arm of the law.

They perhaps should be concerned about crossing Thai-Chinese business interests.

A list from Wednesday's SITREP

Details of Fires in Bangkok as Red-shirt Renegades Lashed out

A number of fires and chaotic incidents broke out in Bangkok after the red-shirt core leaders have called off the red-shirt protest earlier today. The firefighting department has been able to put the fire under control at some areas but others remain unreachable and unsafe for firemen to entire. These areas include;

1. Siam Square and Paragon: firefighters are unable to enter the area, red-shirt protesters are armed and are shooting at will

2. Centara Grand: fire has been put out

3. Stock Exchange of Thailand office: firemen unable to enter the area

4. Mahachon Plaza (entrance of Wireless Rd-Ploenchit Rd): firemen also unable to approach the area

5. Krung Thai and Bangkok Bank (Asoke Branch)

6. Narcotics Control Board

7. Bangkok Bank (Din Daeng): fire under control

8. Maleenont Building: firemen unable to enter the area

9. Bangkok Bank and Lotus Rama 4: firemen unable to get in

10. EGAT Klongtoey: fire under control

11. Central World: currently being put out by firefighters

12. Bangkok Bank (Victory Monument)

Plus, of course, the various other attacks on Banks not listed here - as well as a slew of Bank ATMs - plus the attacks on Thai Channel 3 plus The Nation and The BKK Post - not to mention the insidious broad threat to media (well, perhaps BBC and CNN deserve it for their ridiculous reporting of events!! :) )

Disguised as acts of random hooliganism. All well planned in advance. And carefully overseen.

All being attacks on entities believed by Thacky to be, or represent, his enemies.

The Government's clampdown yesterday on Thacky's/Cronies' funding sources (why they didn't do that months ago is beyond me!) really, really hurt!!

Let's hope that on/off Terrorism Arrest Warrant for Thacky gets fully processed without delay. Plus the evil hag who's his so-called "ex-wife" and the prime terrorist loot distributor.

And, of course, too hope that swift and proper justice is brought to bear upon the 'Red' terrorist thugs who carried out these dastardly dees, plus their insidious 'Red' overseers! :D

I read a Tweet yesterday after Seh Daeng's right hand man was arrested that he said Thakisan had a backup plan if The Red Shirts protesters rally was dispersed and The Red Leaders arrested (of course back up plan was not explained in the Tweet)..

Would it be a vaild theory to say The Black Shirts are Seh Daeng's trained militia that disperesed 2 yrs ago the back up plan being...

Some Black Shirts left in BKK - buildings strategicly set up to be torched with gas cylnders left on upper floors to explode once first floors are ignited etc causing maximum impact with very little effort, this could of been arranged throughout the week in retribution for the killing of Seh Daeng..

Other Black Shirts sent to other Provinces - reports that in Chiang Mai, is that it was Black Shirts who first set up the the barricades and initial burning tyres to welcome home the dipersed protesters etc etc as Red's are gathered at the train station..

Theory being that if civil unrest is spread nationaly & is unable to be controlled it could turn to Civil War, thus providing perhaps the military to take control nationaly, leverage for Red's demand to amnesty for criminals to be put back on the table for negotiations, or like a pheonix rising from the ashes, an opportunity for demands to have Thakisan return and restore order????

Kaos first, & like a Messiah rising from the Dead to lead his chosen peoples to Peace....

Just a theory or should I just go back to doing dishes and taking care of babies???

That is just scary. However now most people in Thailand especially Bangkok would never let Thaksin return unless in handcuffs or in an urn.