Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

Facebook now blocked on True

I can't access Facebook on True either to keep up with events there, but for some strange reason it works on my iPhone... connected to true mobile..

MNM

I have true internet and facebook is working fine for me just loged on and had a look.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your gentle approach, but allow me to anser one of your question which is "Why this is never happen in those western country?" Because western countries have over time educated their people at least so far to respect law and order. I'm really far from saying all "farang" are intelligent as this is not true. Western countries have the same rich and poor, intellectual and working classes as Thailand. But even the poorest and least educated have enough respect for law and order. That is why it does not happen in western countries.

Good perspective.

Eg, in the US a bar will be sure to close by the stated, legal closing time, making sure that not even a glass containing the remnants of an alcoholic drink is about. If they don't they get fined and warned. They do it again and they are again warned and fined even more. They do it again and they're out of business.

In Thailand if there are no cops around at stated closing time the drinks keep flowing. They'll stop some time after the cops arrive, whenever that may be.

But then again telling a copper to b_ugger off will get you a whack on the head, at least. Lots of people on this planet have yet to figure that out; it may seem like not as many, but these guys don't live to long, Darwinism at work.

Edited by bendejo

I still can't believe some posters are still blaming the government for this disaster.

Bangkok was a pretty happy and normal place before the reds came and screwed everything up until the end of March.

All they had to do was go home and wait six months for new elections. But no, they just wanted to screw up the place.

Instead of arson or burning places up with their free time because of envy, jealousy or anger why don't these people actually try and get a job and work like the remaining millions of Bangkokians.

I think its some kind of P.R OR trolling as most of these people have joined thai visa in the last few days either that or Glenn Beck is reporting the story on fox news. :)

lemon123

My wife's friends are all Thais.

Truth hurt you new poster or propaganda merchant .

Please quote the full post economy of truth is a Thaksin trait.

Edited by siampolee

A little bit of home spun wisdom.

My wife of some 18 years has been talking to her friends about the current situation and the general consensus of opinion was and is quote.

Why did all of Thaksins friends who had lots of money given to them run away and leave the little people on their own and not pay them and leave them to fight ?

These old country folk may look like cabbages to you but they are not green I assure you.

Twenty years living here and still learning.

interesting to note that the majority of the governments critics are new members with very few psts too .

y

Tell all your friends and ask them.. What is the request of "Red-shirt" at the beginning?? are they protest to free thaksin or his friends? They just need a real election who can bring the real government to them.. Ask youself.. you know how is the current government form.. if the election come and their lovely party lose, they will accept and keep quiet.. if they do not accept that time.. then the government can take action after that because they do Not accept the so call "Election" games.. however, why so hard to go for an election?

The reds never actually asked for an election. They asked for dissolution which by its very nature causes a power vacuum.

Inquiring minds may want to think about what wouldhave occured in that power vacuum.

This guy has been talking about "The Jospeh Solution" for about 8 weeks. I have no clue <deleted> he is talking about. Does anyone else?

Not sure, it seems to me that this is a guy called 'pastor Joseph' (Thai) who stole millions from the congregation a couple of years ago. This particular church has been disconnected from their brothers and sisters in all other countries. I got this info via Australia, since they tried hard to cover this up here. He stole the money and poured it into politics.

I'd be interested to know more about this...

it's one of the churches that ran and is running into troubles and accusation many times, sometime wrong accusations though. They keep a blanket over the issue and I'm not in contact with any of their members anymore. It was a big internal scandal within that church, which has its mother church abroad. A former member who later moved to Australia called me up and told me about that. He also has changed church since then.

I won't say more at this point. People who are familiar with the scene here in Thailand can easily figure that out.

I can't access Facebook on True either to keep up with events there, but for some strange reason it works on my iPhone... connected to true mobile..

MNM

I have true internet and facebook is working fine for me just loged on and had a look.

The UDD page has been blocked since some time after April 10.

I'm afraid that burning down malls might be all the rage (no pun intended) in the northeast. Is that big mall in Khon Kaen still standing?

My wife of some 18 years has been talking to her friends about the current situation and the general consensus of opinion was and is quote.

Why did all of Thaksins friends who had lots of money given to them run away and leave the little people on their own and not pay them and leave them to fight ?

These old country folk may look like cabbages to you but they are not green I assure you.

interesting to note that the majority of the governments critics are new members with very few psts too .

y

Tell all your friends and ask them.. What is the request of "Red-shirt" at the beginning?? are they protest to free thaksin or his friends? They just need a real election who can bring the real government to them.. Ask youself.. you know how is the current government form.. if the election come and their lovely party lose, they will accept and keep quiet.. if they do not accept that time.. then the government can take action after that because they do Not accept the so call "Election" games.. however, why so hard to go for an election?

Election date was set to November 14 and the whole world knows that.

What was so hard to accept that? ... if that is really what they wanted....

Hypothetical question. Assuming an election was held in the next few weeks, and it was actually free and fair without vote buying, without intimidation, and with national campaigning for everyone (I know a total pipe dream!) what do you reckon the result would be? (Taking into the account the fresh images of Bangkok burning.)

My guess --

Thai Democrats 55 percent

Puke Thai 35 percent

Other parties 10 percent

Edited by Jingthing

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

Now accepting nominations for stupidest post of the year. In a thread about one of the biggest physical loses in the country's history.

people see what they want to see. I agree the pm is like a flopping fish. But stating that possibly putting wanted criminals back in charge of this country is moronic. This was never about democracy. I was about putting the people in power they wanted.

If enough people voted to put the people in power that they wanted, isn't that democracy?

y

Election date was set to November 14 and the whole world knows that.

What was so hard to accept that? ... if that is really what they wanted....

Everyone also know that they accept it but they just wanna the vice Pm to be investigated.. if majority of your friends die.. will you just stay there and do nothing? So.. if it necessary to kill them when they ask for investigation?? Think properly ..

Oh really? So I guess the people whose lives and jobs have been completely ruined by this two month long "protest" and subsequent burning of their city should take the law into their own hands and go to the villages of these red-shirts and burn that s_hit down, too?

It appears you and my wife are reading from the same playbook.. she is disgusted right now with the "thai" people that did this.. she can't understand how anybody for ONE second that claims to respect the King would ever even consider doing something like is happening in BKK right now. She wondered aloud what would happen if a group of people headed up to KK or Bumfuc_k Nakon to do the same how things would go. Of course she caught herself and said what am I thinking those crazy buggers would shoot us all on site just for being born in BKK... sad sad sad... more so that its so close to the truth for some of these thugs

Hypothetical question. Assuming an election was held in the next few weeks, and it was actually free and fair without vote buying, without intimidation, and with national campaigning for everyone (I know a total pipe dream!) what do you reckon the result would be? (Taking into the account the fresh images of Bangkok burning).

My guess --

Thai Democrats 55 percent

Puke Thai 35 percent

Other parties 10 percent

You're probably right. The thug faction of the reds - a minority - has buggered it up for the rest, the genuine democracy seeking reds.

MNM

I get this for both Facebook and Twitter:

เว็บไซต์นี้เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีลักษณะเข้าข่ายหมิ่นพระบรมเดชานุภาพ หรือเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ไม่เหมาะสม

จึงขอระงับการเผยแพร่ชั่วคราว จนกว่าจะมีคำสั่งเป็นอย่างอื่น

I was getting that message then tried https:// this gets me onto facebook but you cannot move to other pages within facebook I get this message The server at 58.97.5.29 is taking too long to respond.

y

The reds never actually asked for an election. They asked for dissolution which by its very nature causes a power vacuum.

Inquiring minds may want to think about what wouldhave occured in that power vacuum.

What is so hard to dissolute and go for another election?? Nothing is more valuable than life... When the majority do not recognize the authority.. should we kill all of them?

Foreigners cannot vote. All we can do is sit back and bitch.

Oh believe me, we WILL be voting, with our money and resources!!

Gas you have just moved to Thailand I take it! Abhispit must have known something was on, about 3 months ago farangs taxes increased 5 times the previous amount. We ARE voting with our money and resources.

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

I know CenterWorld well, and I can understand why it was burned.

The people of Thailand who suffer and then take action are not terrorists.

The violence, the injuries, and the deaths are terrible for the Thai people. But the red shirts are not terrorists. They are citizens who are being marginalized.

The government had many opportunities to diffuse the situation and it took the wrong action every time. The government is killing the Thai people. Now the red shirts are to blame??? I don't think so.

The Capitalists who built CenterWorld will not be suffering because CenterWorld has burned. They will build a new monument to consumerism and continue to benefit from their exploitation ...

Tom

OK. Posts like this really f_ucking piss me off.

"The people of Thailand who suffer and then take action are not terrorists."

Oh really? So I guess the people whose lives and jobs have been completely ruined by this two month long "protest" and subsequent burning of their city should take the law into their own hands and go to the villages of these red-shirts and burn that s_hit down, too?

"The government had many opportunities to diffuse the situation and it took the wrong action every time. The government is killing the Thai people. Now the red shirts are to blame??? I don't think so."

OH F-UCK YOU. The government has repeatedly tried to negotiate and offer solutions to this crisis including a roadmap for peace that called for new elections in November. But NOOOO... red shirt mongrels decided to go for the whole hog. Now please, pray tell, has the reds EVER offered anything constructive to the discussion table other than "WAAHHHHh WE'RE OPPRESSED LIFE'S NOT FAIR FOR US".

Wake up call, you morons. Life's not fair for EVERYONE. In the US, 10% of the population own 80% of the country's wealth. You don't see farmers from Tennessee and Alabama storming DC with their militias and burning it to the ground. Instead they voice their complaints through the electoral process, something vital to every democracy. Unfortunately the red shirts are too f_ucking busy drinking their f_ucking Sangsoms and gambling their finances away to actually do some research into who they should elect to best represent their interests, and instead believe everything their village idiot says as long as he gives them 500 baht to spend on more f_ucking sangsom and somtam.

Notice I am not blaming the red shirt leaders. You know why? Because when you see an opportunity to lead sheep to the wolves while making a few bucks in the process, you do it. It's the evils of capitalism. Ironically, it's also the type of "elite" injustice you all are so against.

Also, what I just said goes double for you yellow shirt morons! Screw you for setting a bad precedent.

This is what i call a MAJOR Bitchy statement from a person :D:)

I still can't believe some posters are still blaming the government for this disaster.

Bangkok was a pretty happy and normal place before the reds came and screwed everything up until the end of March.

All they had to do was go home and wait six months for new elections. But no, they just wanted to screw up the place.

Instead of arson or burning places up with their free time because of envy, jealousy or anger why don't these people actually try and get a job and work like the remaining millions of Bangkokians.

I think its some kind of P.R OR trolling as most of these people have joined thai visa in the last few days either that or Glenn Beck is reporting the story on fox news. :)

You may be correct about some Trolling (on each side, I'd wager).

But don't assume that all those who disagree with your opinions (because that's all they are.....opinions) are Trolls or even, dare I say it, incorrect.

Some of us believe ourselves capable of looking at a situation, weighing up the evidence and then reaching something approaching a conclusion based upon our observations.

I'm not Thai (although I do have an interest in the welfare of Thailand - as do many or most of we who post here), but I can still have an opinion (which may be correct or otherwise). My opinion is that democracy = an elected Government (an elected leader would be nice, too).

If the current Thai Government really believe themselves to be legitimate, why not prove it and ask the people to democratically elect them?

Yesterday's protester is often tomorrow's terrorist if he is not negotiated with.

The Thai Government risk making matters far, far worse (there goes my opinion again) by their rubbish handling of this situation.

100,000 red-shirted protesters, out in the open, are easier to deal (and negotiate) with than 100 terrorists planting bombs, shooting members of authority and performing other acts aimed at crippling or, at least, denting the country's economy.

You would have assumed the Thai PM, an English born and bred chap, educated at Oxbridge would have been capable of holding a conversation now, wouldn't you?

...about 3 months ago farangs taxes increased 5 times the previous amount. We ARE voting with our money and resources.

Can you explain this statement? I do not recall any significant recent changes to the tax code.

The mistake was done by the government very early on. There is simply no excuse for allowing these low-lifes hijacking a whole business district which puts thousands out of work and has now resulted in hundreds of millions of $ in damages! Not even for a day - let alone 2 MONTHS! No legal action being taken even after grenades were thrown! This is ridicoulous. Thais are unable to take responsibilty. Pissit just hoped the problem would go away. Of course once they were entrenched this was utopic but why leave them there for 2 months? Every 5 year-old would make better decisions

Edited by phuketsigel