Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

This is the consequence of the STUPID government who is taking the cruelest steps to kill their people.. by accusing the Poor,Knowledge-less Red-Shirt Protester as a "Terrorist" and starting to kill them.. the idiot government is going the worst silly action in a "Democracy" Country.. The government shouldn't call themselves as "Buddhist" in the future by blooding the country.. <deleted>

The government didn't just 'kill them' all of a sudden, the protesters have been there for weeks, people of Bangkok were getting frustrated at the government for not doing anything and of course this is disrupting the Bangkok residents when it comes to their daily life and work. The government finally decided to move in, they have told them, warned them to leave. Those who didn't leave ended up either arrested or shot. This sort of protests would never have happen in a Western country, to disrupt the city like this and leave the protesters to stay and block traffic for weeks. Thai people are very patience and peaceful, but some don't listen and instead resort to violence by attacking buildings.

Yes.. whatever you said.. the whole world is looking and observing.. tell me.. what is so hard to go for election and convince those "low-educated" or poor farmer? A smart government and politician should know how to solve this kind of problem. Why this is never happen in those western country? This is because those government really care for their people and try to avoid any hurting for their lovely people.. Do you think that killing those people can really make bangkok become peace forever and get the compliment from the international? Tell you.. majority of the world is pity for the red-shirt protester rather than the government and very angry for the action there is taken by the government to act on their people.. So.. what is the different between Thailand and Myanmar?/ trust me.. violence will never bring peace to the world .. only care and love can convince the people like the moral of Buddha.

Lemon123, this is a totally inappropriate time for such stupid jokes. If you can't post seriously about this topic at a time like this you shouldn't post at all. Silly wind-ups like this are disrespectful right now. You really should be ashamed.

If you treat this as a joke.. please go ahead and wait for the next 10 years and see what will be happened in the country.. if you cant get what I mean.. you better go back to study and improve your english. Correct me if I was wrong.. i believe you are one of the guy who support for the attack.. you are the one who should be ashamed about what you have posted..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video footage on Central World:

VERT SAD ! Central World was converted from the old World Trade Center with a lot of marginal structure. NO WAY it could manage in such big fire !

MORE SAD ! the people ( I guess the protesters ) clapping their hands ! it is very sick :-(

The good people of Thailand do not deserve the viciousness of Thaksin's red horde. May they all rot.

I know CenterWorld well, and I can understand why it was burned.

The people of Thailand who suffer and then take action are not terrorists.

The violence, the injuries, and the deaths are terrible for the Thai people. But the red shirts are not terrorists. They are citizens who are being marginalized.

The government had many opportunities to diffuse the situation and it took the wrong action every time. The government is killing the Thai people. Now the red shirts are to blame??? I don't think so.

The Capitalists who built CenterWorld will not be suffering because CenterWorld has burned. They will build a new monument to consumerism and continue to benefit from their exploitation ...

Tom

they ARE and I was nearly killed today! no soldiers around til the helipcopers came. Good thing I cant see you right now or you would really be missing some teeth!

And how much money do the rich Chinese Thai have here in Bangkok?

If they say they have 30 billion dollars, they likely have 100 billion dollars.

The other rich Chinese Thai families have huge money off shore as well.

Just look at the Thai Baht at 32 for the US dollar.

How on earth is that possible unless huge money from these same rich families is supporting it with huge buying of the baht.

Imagine the foreign currency in any nation after this event. They would all be in free fall. But here in the land of Chinese Thai money, the baht is still strong.

Bangkok is closed down and the baht is still strong.

But this too could end soon.

The Chinese Thai business man are ready to run from Thailand now. if they should start to leave in mass, the Thai meltdown will accelerate and the baht could see 100 or more for the us dollar.

The Thai wreck is was so so predictable and preventable.

Of course when you treat people like 2nd class citizens and kill them without a trial, you have become a rogue nation, as Miss Sarah says.

I fear for my family and you should fear for yours.

This is the start up of a revolution and not the end of a small movement.

Goodness gracious me. This is perhaps the drippiest load of drivel I have seen in a long time. So I take it that you, too, will be leaving soon?

I don't know about you, but I lived through the Emergency in Malaysia in 1969 (albeit as a kid) and continued to live there for many more years. You haven't a clue. This is nothing to do with race. This is nothing like what happened in Malaysia. These are untrained, unemployed and probably unemployable louts who have nothing better than do, and yes they are being financed.

I watched them today with my own eyes. They came, they built a barricade outside the TAT office in Petchburi Road, lit the thing and ran for their lives.

The fact is - bar the Royal Thai government - the largest employers in this country just happen to be - much as they are in Malaysia and Indonesia - either ethnic-Chinese or nationalised ethnic-Chinese-owned businesses.

In time, this aspect ratio will change. But until such time as people like you stop bringing race into the equation, then countries will never grow and prosper because of ill-conceived and trite comments likes yours. Go to a library or use the internet to research your facts before you make such crass comments.

And please...show us the evidence of this huge buying of the baht?

Where do these people come from? Seriously?

This is the consequence of the STUPID government who is taking the cruelest steps to kill their people.. by accusing the Poor,Knowledge-less Red-Shirt Protester as a "Terrorist" and starting to kill them.. the idiot government is going the worst silly action in a "Democracy" Country.. The government shouldn't call themselves as "Buddhist" in the future by blooding the country.. <deleted>

The government didn't just 'kill them' all of a sudden, the protesters have been there for weeks, people of Bangkok were getting frustrated at the government for not doing anything and of course this is disrupting the Bangkok residents when it comes to their daily life and work. The government finally decided to move in, they have told them, warned them to leave. Those who didn't leave ended up either arrested or shot. This sort of protests would never have happen in a Western country, to disrupt the city like this and leave the protesters to stay and block traffic for weeks. Thai people are very patience and peaceful, but some don't listen and instead resort to violence by attacking buildings.

Yes.. whatever you said.. the whole world is looking and observing.. tell me.. what is so hard to go for election and convince those "low-educated" or poor farmer? A smart government and politician should know how to solve this kind of problem. Why this is never happen in those western country? This is because those government really care for their people and try to avoid any hurting for their lovely people.. Do you think that killing those people can really make bangkok become peace forever and get the compliment from the international? Tell you.. majority of the world is pity for the red-shirt protester rather than the government and very angry for the action there is taken by the government to act on their people.. So.. what is the different between Thailand and Myanmar?/ trust me.. violence will never bring peace to the world .. only care and love can convince the people like the moral of Buddha.

I was nearly shot and hurt by bombs today, and you're talking about buddha? like that group follows buddha. the robe is just to hide weapons under. they're not real buddhists. maybe some are here, not in the red camp though, where they are bought and sold like cattle.

Tell me and ask for yourself.. who is the one start for the attack in this two months and which group of people die first before they revenge? If one day a gangster come and robe and harm your family, will you take any action to fight back?? After that, you are the one should be jailed?? The world is looking for this..

I like your gentle approach, but allow me to anser one of your question which is "Why this is never happen in those western country?" Because western countries have over time educated their people at least so far to respect law and order. I'm really far from saying all "farang" are intelligent as this is not true. Western countries have the same rich and poor, intellectual and working classes as Thailand. But even the poorest and least educated have enough respect for law and order. That is why it does not happen in western countries.

Covards. Proves they are terrorist.

Used to symphatize with the red movements but all that is now gone.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Foreigners cannot vote. All we can do is sit back and bitch.

Or we can marry a Thai

Or have a Thai girlfriend

As Thaskin said money can buy most things

and a Farang looking after a Issan Family will have a lot of influence on their votes next election

My Thai wife says thousands of Thais will now be hurting as their family can not send money home

You think they are going to say Lets vote for the reds

Or

you offer is 500 baht but you took from us 30 ,ooo baht

Give them enough rope and they will hang them selves

Up till now Issan people did not really care as everything was in Bkk

Now its in their own back yards it will start effecting them

Come harvest time

Time to sell my crops

where do they sell the crops

no wholesalers

no buyers

Do I need to go one

who are the red shirts really hurting ?????

Thais are well known for shooting themselves in the foot all the time.Have you ever seen a thai regretting something he did.I never have.

basjke, exactly ,in adition to that ,in a thai fight there is always two losers, one dies there other to jail.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Yeah,and some of us bitch Good too :) .

To talk about me/myself bitching .I say it again: when it comes to this "mess we in Thailand are a part of ( sure we are),,Enough is Enough.Thankfully some intelligent people ordered some "action.( not to burn down Central world G D it.) But,All in all!

this assault could still take place against cres and Abhisit and his Gov in hiding!

believe me, this is why they hiding and NONE will ever walk carefree in the park for rest of their lives again now.

relatives of 70 dead must total more than 1000 knowing size of extended familiies in isaan. somebody depressed still in ten years and it's chechya black widows time for Democrats.

Hmmmmmmm I believe you have a chip on your shoulders.. a rather large pair of them... there must some reason why common sense and logic not to mention critical thinking never seem to play any part in your posts

As you conveniently proved in your previous post:

Very sad indeed. These people were fighting for what??? Oh yes, democracy. The poor taking on the rich? Now look at all of the poor bastards who work in Bangkok (Centralworld and elsewhere) who will be out of jobs. It is bad enough that the reds were loosing credibility day by day, but now any ounce of creditability that they had left is long long gone.

However, this is no longer about the reds fighting for democracy. This is all about payback.

The government gave a date for the election, but the 'red shirts' demanded more things which the government could not comply to. In a Western country, the government will not do that to a group of people who will disrupt the country. Actually, majority would be against the protesters if the government decides to listen to people or such protests would be shut down within a day or so. Thaksin is seen by 'outside of Thailand' as a man who is in hiding by corruption charges and is afraid to face them, he uses his wealth and money to benefit those allied to him or within his family, people been reporting he's corrupted even before he was ousted by the coup. No Western country would use their own money to pay people to vote, Thaksin did, that is not democracy, that's corruption and greed. The outside world do not sympathise with the reds, some do but most from here in Australia do not. Actually the government is likely to get more support now since the red shirts resort to destroying parts of Bangkok, I am sure people who lost their jobs by this would not be supporting the reds. The difference between Thailand and Burma is that the Thai government has not resort to killing politicians from the opposition party, erasing any opposition or house arresting them, killing Buddhist monks and dumping their bodies in the river, shut the outside world from the Burmese people and heaps more despicable acts done by the Burmese government. Also, you're right only care and love would bring peace, but at the same time money, power and corruption can brainwash people as well.

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

Wow, you would get violent burning building, looting, destroying thousands of people's jobs and main source of income (not talking about the owners of the mall) because the PM changes his words. So, now I am not happy with your words should I get violent. If you are Thai, then you really stink. If foreigner so please tell me where you come from to check what is going wrong there.

Copied and pasted, original from Lemonhead

If you treat this as a joke.. please go ahead and wait for the next 10 years and see what will be happened in the country.. if you cant get what I mean.. you better go back to study and improve your english. Correct me if I was wrong.. i believe you are one of the guy who support for the attack.. you are the one who should be ashamed about what you have posted..

Before complaining about anyone's English please check your own.

"I believe you are one of the guys who supported the attack" would be better.

And stop posting codswallop.

Edited by beano2274

I still can't believe some posters are still blaming the government for this disaster.

Bangkok was a pretty happy and normal place before the reds came and screwed everything up until the end of March.

All they had to do was go home and wait six months for new elections. But no, they just wanted to screw up the place.

Instead of arson or burning places up with their free time because of envy, jealousy or anger why don't these people actually try and get a job and work like the remaining millions of Bangkokians.

Would that be the same Central World (that used to be called The World Trades Center) which, when I afforded it my one and only disappointed visit, had become scruffy, old, tired and with half of the retail outlets empty and unlettable because so many newer, more prestigious shopping malls have been developed since it waved bye-bye to it's glory-days?

The same Central World that, were I the owner, would have been insured to the hilt and given the New York WTC 7 treatment, at the first given opportunity (like now)?

Just a thought :)

This guy has been talking about "The Jospeh Solution" for about 8 weeks. I have no clue <deleted> he is talking about. Does anyone else?

Some useless information about "The Joseph Solution" -- wwww.josephplan.org/page/page/3350637.htm

I know CenterWorld well, and I can understand why it was burned.

The people of Thailand who suffer and then take action are not terrorists.

The violence, the injuries, and the deaths are terrible for the Thai people. But the red shirts are not terrorists. They are citizens who are being marginalized.

The government had many opportunities to diffuse the situation and it took the wrong action every time. The government is killing the Thai people. Now the red shirts are to blame??? I don't think so.

The Capitalists who built CenterWorld will not be suffering because CenterWorld has burned. They will build a new monument to consumerism and continue to benefit from their exploitation ...

Tom

Signed

Vladimir Ilich Ulianov

:):D

I like your gentle approach, but allow me to anser one of your question which is "Why this is never happen in those western country?" Because western countries have over time educated their people at least so far to respect law and order. I'm really far from saying all "farang" are intelligent as this is not true. Western countries have the same rich and poor, intellectual and working classes as Thailand. But even the poorest and least educated have enough respect for law and order. That is why it does not happen in western countries.

Do you think that the red-shirt protester will come out to protest and risk their life if the so call "Yellow-shirt" never come out and made the mess?? Which gangs started to protest and do not accept the fact after the last election?? True.. this is really never happen in western country and this is a real "CYCLE" who is started by those lovely Yellow-Shirt fellows.. I am started to live this country very much and I will chose the Color of "yellow" to be my lucky color forever in the country.. YELLOW is the best..

A little bit of home spun wisdom.

My wife of some 18 years has been talking to her friends about the current situation and the general consensus of opinion was and is quote.

Why did all of Thaksins friends who had lots of money given to them run away and leave the little people on their own and not pay them and leave them to fight ?

These old country folk may look like cabbages to you but they are not green I assure you.

Twenty years living here and still learning.

interesting to note that the majority of the governments critics are new members with very few psts too .

y

My wife of some 18 years has been talking to her friends about the current situation and the general consensus of opinion was and is quote.

Why did all of Thaksins friends who had lots of money given to them run away and leave the little people on their own and not pay them and leave them to fight ?

These old country folk may look like cabbages to you but they are not green I assure you.

interesting to note that the majority of the governments critics are new members with very few psts too .

y

Would that be the same Central World (that used to be called The World Trades Center) which, when I afforded it my one and only disappointed visit, had become scruffy, old, tired and with half of the retail outlets empty and unlettable because so many newer, more prestigious shopping malls have been developed since it waved bye-bye to it's glory-days?

The same Central World that, were I the owner, would have been insured to the hilt and given the New York WTC 7 treatment, at the first given opportunity (like now)?

That was before they fixed it up to something very fabulous. I guess you missed it.

Picture from Central World just now. :)

4621732558_e6288968be.jpg

I can't believe it's still burning... 6 hours now?

Thanks for the pictures.. keep them coming.

All the businesses... the smaller stores and restaurants... I just can't imagine what the owners of those business are going through right now.

...Mis-informed thought. It was recently renovated, at great expense, and is (was) a very pleasant mall to stroll in. Very nice place indeed.

Interesting to note that the majority of the governments critics are new members with very few psts too .

One wonders whether they are being paid unlike Thaksins pawns in this disaster.

Is Robert Amsterdam your paymaster or Thaksin ?

Don't be shy come out of the woodwork.

y

Tell all your friends and ask them.. What is the request of "Red-shirt" at the beginning?? are they protest to free thaksin or his friends? They just need a real election who can bring the real government to them.. Ask youself.. you know how is the current government form.. if the election come and their lovely party lose, they will accept and keep quiet.. if they do not accept that time.. then the government can take action after that because they do Not accept the so call "Election" games.. however, why so hard to go for an election?

Just a thought :D

That was before they fixed it up to something very fabulous. I guess you missed it.

As I said "Just a thought" (You can take the lad out of Brummagem, but............) :)

Edited by SebD