Bus Terminal To Hotel?

HernanUSA

Walking street is at the other end of town from the bus terminal but there are always songathews waiting to transport passengers, cost to walking street should be about 100 baht VIP or 10 baht when you climb on with everyone else

Edited by wobblyjohn

Walking street is at the other end of town from the bus terminal but there are always songathews waiting to transport passengers, cost to walking street should be about 100 baht VIP or 10 baht when you climb on with everyone else

It's been a while since I took a baht bus from the bus station but I doubt that you will get a ride straight to your hotel for less than 200 Baht. The minimum fare was 20 Baht for a shared Baht bus and that will drop you on the beach road near walking street entrance. A motorbike taxi may take you for 100 Baht if you don't have a lot of luggage.

This is assuming that you are talking about the main terminal on North Road. Some companies have their own terminals.

It's been a while since I took a baht bus from the bus station but I doubt that you will get a ride straight to your hotel for less than 200 Baht. The minimum fare was 20 Baht for a shared Baht bus and that will drop you on the beach road near walking street entrance. A motorbike taxi may take you for 100 Baht if you don't have a lot of luggage.

This is assuming that you are talking about the main terminal on North Road. Some companies have their own terminals.

I am arriving via Bangkok bus from Mor Chit Mai. What is a songathew? I am new in this part of town. Help. Thanks.

I am arriving via Bangkok bus from Mor Chit Mai. What is a songathew? I am new in this part of town. Help. Thanks.

A songthaw is a toyota pick up truck. There are hundreds of them running on every street in Pattaya. The back part of the truck has been modified and has two parallel bench seats and there is a roof. Kind of like a camper addition. Check the internet for "baht bus" pictures. You hop on the back and these "taxis" run all over pattaya. It costs about 10 baht or 20 baht for a longer ride and you can hop on and off at any time. It is a great way to go a couple of blocks or a mile or so. They typically run around the town in a big circle. You can easily flag one down and "charter" it to take you anywhere. Sometimes 100 baht for a few miles. Maybe 200 baht for a bit further.

Song means "2" in Thai. So Songtaew literally means two benches.

The bus from Mor Chit should drop you at the North Pattaya bus station. If you have a carry on bag as I do, I just hop on a motorcycle taxi. They will take you door to door. If you have some luggage, then hire a baht bus /songtaew is probably your best choice.

Enjoy the trip. I just returned from my 10th trip there