Bars For World Cup Games?

ExpatJ

I saw a thread a few years ago on this- whats the latest? Which bars will you be watching the games in?

I see the start times are not too bad for thailand 6.30pm 9pm 1.30am...

Edited by ExpatJ

First of all go to the football forum on here - topic is already open.

2nd, not sure why it would be started 3 years before the world cup is held.

On the football forum the OP asking about TV channels showing the games, i am quit intresting on good bars where i can look a games and have a pint of lager not more then 150 B. :)

The 'world cup viewing ' thread in the football section is just about which cable channels have commentary in english...and im only interested in bangkok not bars in pattaya, phuket...

The 'world cup viewing ' thread in the football section is just about which cable channels have commentary in english...and im only interested in bangkok not bars in pattaya, phuket...

well ok Mr. Smartipants.

As you saw in that forum, it is on regular thai TV. I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying that all pubs that are open during game time, will being showing the matches - be they in Pattaya, Phuket and yes, even Bangkok. :)

well ok Mr. Smartipants.

As you saw in that forum, it is on regular thai TV. I don't think I am going out on a limb by saying that all pubs that are open during game time, will being showing the matches - be they in Pattaya, Phuket and yes, even Bangkok. :)

This is the Bangkok Forum, so not intresting in Pattaya or Phuket.

Yes and i know the Thai tv channnels have it, but i prefer to sit in a nice bar with airco, pint lager for under 150 B and english comment during the game.

And meet some nice people :D like myself :D

well ok Mr. Smartipants.

Yes and i know the Thai tv channnels have it, but i prefer to sit in a nice bar with airco, pint lager for under 150 B and english comment during the game.

So what you are saying is want a list of bars / Pubs in Bangkok.

Ok let me start it for you.

Dubliner

Soi 8

O'reillys

Black Swan

Sportsman

Gullivers

The Australian

Londoner

Molly Malones

Victoria

Pickeled Liver

Huntsman

Bulls Head

Bourbon Street

Penalty Spot

Cross Bar

Please advise if you need more.

well ok Mr. Smartipants.

Agreed! Im thinking The Londoner on suk soi 33.

Bkkjames

If possible, and its a big ask- could you give a paragraph for each of the places in your list covering range of beers served, level of totty in the bar, food quality, general ambiance?

That would be great:)

Bkkjames

If possible, and its a big ask- could you give a paragraph for each of the places in your list covering range of beers served, level of totty in the bar, food quality, general ambiance?

Mate, who was your slave in your previous life. Google is your friend, not me :)

I'm planning to go to the same place(s) I watch the Premier League games during the season, as for what channel, in 2006 Ch3 & ช่อง7สี had the rights to most, if not all the games, if you want English Commentary I'm sure the bars will set the sound on their set top boxes.

South Africa is only an hour or two ahead of Europe time zone wise so the Kick off's will be about the same time as the league games during the season, check local listings as they say.

Bkkjames

Mate, who was your slave in your previous life. Google is your friend, not me :)

Your reply was quite polite considering :-)

well ok Mr. Smartipants.

So what you are saying is want a list of bars / Pubs in Bangkok.

Ok let me start it for you.

Dubliner

Soi 8

O'reillys

Black Swan

Sportsman

Gullivers

The Australian

Londoner

Molly Malones

Victoria

Pickeled Liver

Huntsman

Bulls Head

Bourbon Street

Penalty Spot

Cross Bar

Please advise if you need more.

BKKJAMES, i really appreciate your knowledge about where you can look at the football games, but you need to do some extra investigation into the "not more then 150 B " for a pint of lager.

Wouldn't be a problem for the first games a 18:30 but the second and third at 21:30 and 01:30 very difficult in the bars you suggest.

So yes, i would like to have some more bars :D

Would love to help but currently waiting for CRES to send me a memo on forthcoming curfews, at which time I can report back in full. Failing that, see the other thread I started which I think is a good one - list the best deals there.

Would love to help but currently waiting for CRES to send me a memo on forthcoming curfews, at which time I can report back in full. Failing that, see the other thread I started which I think is a good one - list the best deals there.

Yes, very good thanks.

looking forward to get my beer

for under 150 B a pint :) .

post-95869-1274949537.gif

Edited by needforspeed

As far as I am aware then The Crossbar will fit the criteria. Certainly know that a few of the lads from the footie forum will be there for certain games. :D

Never been there, where is The Crossbar?

It's cross the road from the other bar.

No, it's off soi 23 - down from cowboy and turn left at the intersection. you will see the heineken sign with a big toad standing outside smoking. :)

As far as I am aware then The Crossbar will fit the criteria. Certainly know that a few of the lads from the footie forum will be there for certain games. :D

No, it's off soi 23 - down from cowboy and turn left at the intersection. you will see the heineken sign with a big toad standing outside smoking. :D

Jimmy boy, I've quit smoking since December :) and The Toad is not always in Bangkok these days!!

No, it's off soi 23 - down from cowboy and turn left at the intersection. you will see the heineken sign with a big toad standing outside smoking. :)

Thanks, will have a look ther for sure.

I think if your American then the Sportsman, English then Gullivers!!!

Doesn't matter Enlish or American, i like Gullivers as well but you can't get a pint lager for under 150 B all night at Gullivers.

And when i am doing my hard work from the first game at 18:30 till 03:00 i rather don't walk 3 time to the ATM to have enough money to

pay my bill at Gullivers :) .

And i have to amid i am very weak when having beautiful lady's around me (after a few pints).

bloody hel_l, how many times am i getting quoted!!!!!!! Have done world cup here before and i found more americans in sportsman and Gullivers packed with brits!! who knows just a suggestion (for the record i prefer the women and the prices in the sportsman, but the footies all about the atmosphere). Anyway go wherever you like i doubt it will matter to much (except to your bill!), and enjoy!!

bloody hel_l, how many times am i getting quoted!!!!!!! Have done world cup here before and i found more americans in sportsman and Gullivers packed with brits!! who knows just a suggestion (for the record i prefer the women and the prices in the sportsman, but the footies all about the atmosphere). Anyway go wherever you like i doubt it will matter to much (except to your bill!), and enjoy!!

Just to quote you again :)

I didn't think The Sportsman was open in 2006? :D