An Update Available, Unfortunately Not Froyo

Today the system popped up a message that an update was available to version 1.21.405.2. I was hoping it would be Froyo but unfortunately not, just a small service update. But at least it updated the phone seamlessly and without errors and left all my data and apps intact.

Edit: According to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693511 the update included following:

Changes reported:

- Updates bootloader to 0.80

- New radio image

- New youtube app with HQ option (1.6.20E).

- Fixed htc's weather widget (integrated into clock&weather widget) not knowing where you are (1.15.xxx just said the name of the country in some countries).

- SMS issue (from non-numerical senders) is resolved.

- fixed random contact showing when receiving operator SMS.

- fixes the voicemail bug for the French carrier SFR (short voicemail number used to call 911/emergency).

- Messages app now shows a count on the number of messages in the SMS inbox.

- calendar/contacts bug - unable to store contact's birthday - has been fixed.

- Long click on the menu button when in home screen now doesnt pop up the keyboard, like it uselessly did before.

- SMS reader does not show the little smiley androids any more - just the mere types.

- Exchange Company Address Book is now properly working. Was unable to use before the update.

- They have disabled the snooze function on the Optical trackpad for calendar events. This means that it is now possible to have the phone in your pocket without accidentally snoozing the alarms.

Edited by Phil Conners
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

do you know if HTC phones as Google Nexus one or HTC Desire are available with Froyo Android 2.2 system in Bangkok ?

Thanks a lot.

If you can get you hands on a Nexus One it will either come with 2.2 or if it comes with 2.1 the 2.2 OTA update is live so you can update it immediately.

Desire - ??? don't know don't have one. Check the XDA developer forums

do you know if HTC phones as Google Nexus one or HTC Desire are available with Froyo Android 2.2 system in Bangkok ?

Froyo (2.2) is not available yet for the Desire but is expected to be released this quarter.

Hi,

Even a phone bought from MBK will update to Froyo automatically ?

Thanks again.

I don't know what they do at MBK but my Desire updated a minor update OTA once already so presumably it will also update Froyo automatically once it is out.