Farang Harrassing Thais Overseas

Chunky1

I think the thai girls response was understandable- they are probably approached by dozens of middle age guys a week who have been to thailand as sex tourists (and lets be honest- balding/over wieght/sweaty white blokes are not gods gift to women) and now expect all young thai women to be available or just flattered to be given their attention. If the OP was a young handsome bloke, i am sure the thai girls would have been pleased to chat with them.

Edited by ExpatJ

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chunky1's question: Is it really this common for farang to go around stalking random Thai women like this in their home countries?

ANSWER: Based upon the examples that Chunky provided, probably YES. The irony is that if the women being harassed (or hit on) were farang females--assuming the standard age difference--the response from the women would probably be the same. But since they're Thai women, then they must be "hi-so" or "hi-so wannabees." Funny that farangs in Thailand also label Thai women who aren't interested in them as "hi-so." By the way, it's obvious that these guys (in the OP's opening post) were hitting on these women. Saying that they were trying to be nice or just making conversation is such unadulterated crap.

By the way, it's obvious that these guys (in the OP's opening post) were hitting on these women. Saying that they were trying to be nice or just making conversation is such unadulterated crap.

Hardly Darling.............I barrack for the other side ,so your wrong in your assumptions !

Edited by actiondell4

most would expect a "Sawaddee Dii, handsome man, sit down, where you stay, I go with you........."

...and when that does not happen, it's probably the double frustration, ignored by Farang women and even, incredible!, ignored by Thai females.

most would expect a "Sawaddee Dii, handsome man, sit down, where you stay, I go with you........."

...and when that does not happen, it's probably the double frustration, ignored by Farang women and even, incredible!, ignored by Thai females.

LOL. laugh.gif

I'm sure there are many factors at play.

Someone mentioned the hi-so Thai thing... so in that vein

My short story:

A while back, I worked for an electronics firm in the US, and found a Thai man was in my department - an engineer. No I'm not gay. But when my job necessitated that I interact with him, I casually tried to converse with him a little bit about Thailand. He totally blew me off. OK, so, after a short vacation trip to Thailand I brought him back some items I thought he might find useful: a Thai newspaper and some Thai snacks. His response: "I get these already". Dude, whatever.

But I have met some nice Thai ladies in the US, some not. It seems, in an environment where they can make decent money, they are much more receptive if you are near their age-group. Amazing, eh?

Perhaps the girls who said to "go away" to the OP where tired of being approached by men who assume they are hookers?

My thoughts also. :)

Could be all sorts of things........what you said above..........the girls are gay..........they were just tired..........waiting on their boyfriends who were about to arrive just as you approached them........some deal about to take place that you were interrupting..............engaging in some mysterious female ritual that we will never understand...........if you can figure women out, please start a post an inform us as to what they are doing and why. cool.gif

I never have had a Thai react rudely to me in California and rarely in Thailand. But I don't go around trying to"chat" people up either. Just a polite nod and a hello and continue on my way. Most people where I live in both countries do the same; a little nod of recognition.

Maybe it's just a British and Ozzie thing?laugh.gif Actually I found the Australians very friendly for the most part when I visited there, more so than Kiwi's... biggrin.gif

That is exactly my point.

These poor Thai girls have to deal with these old ugly fools who have been to Thailand as a sex tourist and now stalk and harass any Thai lady they see under the premise that they "just want to get to know her" and when the girl does not quote them a price and is disgusted by their very face and tells them to get lost, they start slagging off Thai women.

I am not sure I have met too many Thai strangers with whom I have shared a few greetings outside of restaurants, so I have never experienced this.  But I have often come to the rescue of Chinese tourists (the last time at SFO two weeks ago) or just started up a conversation with Chinese I meet.  With the Chinese, I have invariably been treated with gratitude and friendliness.

Perhaps the girls who said to "go away" to the OP where tired of being approached by men who assume they are hookers?

My thoughts also. :)

Could be all sorts of things........what you said above..........the girls are gay..........they were just tired..........waiting on their boyfriends who were about to arrive just as you approached them........some deal about to take place that you were interrupting..............engaging in some mysterious female ritual that we will never understand...........if you can figure women out, please start a post an inform us as to what they are doing and why. cool.gif

Yea sure... Or perhaps they were too dam_n scared they might fall madly in love with this drunk stranger that they had to cut the conversation short?

These poor Thai girls have to deal with these old ugly fools who have been to Thailand as a sex tourist and now stalk and harass any Thai lady they see under the premise that they "just want to get to know her" and when the girl does not quote them a price and is disgusted by their very face and tells them to get lost, they start slagging off Thai women.

Regardless people should judge one another on a case by case basis - saying hello is not the same as trying to pick a bird up.

Regardless people should judge one another on a case by case basis - saying hello is not the same as trying to pick a bird up.

The problem is what happens after the Thai girl says hello back!

The sexpat will then take that as a signal to move on her!

Would you randonly say hello to Brit girls on the street in London? (No you damnwell wouldn't!).

Then why do you think it is ok to harass Thai girls in public?

Some guys have got absolutely no idea :)

I'm a farang girl...

Random people in Thailand always try to talk to me.... It happened in NYC too...no matter where you are...but I got to the point where I started to ignore most people...

You can't go around talking to just anyone, especially if you are easily manipulated, thats how people get taken advantage of....

If some older guy/weird guy/guy with a strange vibe came up trying to speak to me, I would tend to blow him off...if he was Thai, American, British, Indian, WHATEVER lol..

sometimes I try to have a short conversation (to be nice) but then they mistake it as me being into them...wanting to talk longer...so that idea just blows up in my face...cuz most guys can't take a hint...or read body language....

Girls like to talk to guys that they are interested in... or ones that they feel comfortable around.. if you look at a girls facial expressions and body language then you can probably tell if she is comfortable in the situation or not..and if she looks uncomfortable then you should act accordingly and dismiss youself from the situation..with minimal amounts of conflict...

I speak to everyone, young, old, male or female. I just smile and make a comment if it is appropriate at the time. I don't go out of my way to approach them, though. I'm just being friendly and the smile on my face tells it all. If someone chooses to ignore me then that is their business. I'm in no way offended. Everyone is entitled to their own privacy... even when in public. If two people are having a conversation I'm not so rude as to intervene, unless I hear them question something andI have some advice that might be of some service. I've made many friends that way. I think a lot depends on how you approach people and how they perceive you. If people are actually rude then I just smile and figure that that is their problem, not mine. I'm almost impossible to offend personally, but I can be embarrassed by other's mistakes.

I'm a farang girl...

Random people in Thailand always try to talk to me.... It happened in NYC too...no matter where you are...but I got to the point where I started to ignore most people...

You can't go around talking to just anyone, especially if you are easily manipulated, thats how people get taken advantage of....

If some older guy/weird guy/guy with a strange vibe came up trying to speak to me, I would tend to blow him off...if he was Thai, American, British, Indian, WHATEVER lol..

sometimes I try to have a short conversation (to be nice) but then they mistake it as me being into them...wanting to talk longer...so that idea just blows up in my face...cuz most guys can't take a hint...or read body language....

Girls like to talk to guys that they are interested in... or ones that they feel comfortable around.. if you look at a girls facial expressions and body language then you can probably tell if she is comfortable in the situation or not..and if she looks uncomfortable then you should act accordingly and dismiss youself from the situation..with minimal amounts of conflict...

perfect post for this thread, ihunnieibee

My short story:

A while back, I worked for an electronics firm in the US, and found a Thai man was in my department - an engineer. No I'm not gay. He totally blew me off.

I'd reconsider my sexual orientation if I were you Chef. :)

:)

I'm not even going to start.....

I think the thai girls response was understandable- they are probably approached by dozens of middle age guys a week who have been to thailand as sex tourists (and lets be honest- balding/over wieght/sweaty white blokes are not gods gift to women) and now expect all young thai women to be available or just flattered to be given their attention. If the OP was a young handsome bloke, i am sure the thai girls would have been pleased to chat with them.

They most likely forgot that when passing through immigration at Swampy on the way back to farangland they turn back into the same frog they were when they first arrived.

No longer the hansum man sex god they were in Pattaya, back to being the same unwanted ugly <deleted> they are in farangland, maybe they should remember why they came to Thailand in the first place.

Would you randonly say hello to Brit girls on the street in London? (No you damnwell wouldn't!).

Also an excellent point.

As an aside, Chunky, what is your problem?

No longer the hansum man sex god they were in Pattaya, back to being the same unwanted ugly <deleted> they are in farangland, maybe they should remember why they came to Thailand in the first place.

A very good point indeed. However you should remember that your own situation doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else. Not everyone if a frog faced ugly <deleted> in the first place.

It's always cringe worthy when you see a farang in a shopping mall chatting up a woman who is paid to stand there and be polite and cant run away. I guess the farang must think he is god's gift to Thai women.

By the way, it's obvious that these guys (in the OP's opening post) were hitting on these women. Saying that they were trying to be nice or just making conversation is such unadulterated crap.

Hardly Darling.............I barrack for the other side ,so your wrong in your assumptions !

Oh really? I think you fit the profile of the sort of guys that Ms. ihunnieibee was referring to. By the way, there's a term for these sorts of guys that goes around trying to "be friendly" with mostly attractive young women. It starts with the letter "C" and rhymes with the word "Creep." You may get away with it in Thailand because Thai girls are deathly afraid of offending anyone. Try that in the west....well, you'll see for yourself.

Also an excellent point.

As an aside, Chunky, what is your problem?

Why would you ask that question? I think the Chunks has made some very good points. Why would YOU have a problem with what he/she's saying?