When Your Partner Is Mad At You!

BIG SPUDS

When your partner is mad at you what do they do?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine gives me the silent treatment then "yak yak's" me in her village language, sort of Issan. Drives me round the bend. I'm not that brilliant at Thai so why she has to nag me in Issan so that i definately don't understand what she is saying, i do not know. :D I have a mate who has an Italian wife and she nags him in Italian cos she knows he can't understand also. I tell you, they're barking mad but you gotta love em haven't you :o

Mr BoJ

Partner ? What partner ?

Never with a girl long enough for her to get mad at me. (That's what happens when your home for 2-3 weeks, off to work for 2-3 months, home for 1-2 weeks, back to work for 3-4 months).

If one does get mad at me for some reason, it's "Hasta la Vista Baby - Next" ! (oh, that comes after I've hidden everything that has a sharp edge to it)

All of the above would be my best answer.

But when she gets really mad with me, not being satisfied with my behavior, many times just 'cos she's unable to understand different ways of living and/or thinking than her own. It can get pretty violent. Throwing at me glasses etc. even stereo amplifier and tv once...well that didn't fly too far :D . Also attacking physicly. Well, her anger management has got better during the past few years..

What bothers me is that she don't want to talk about the problems, to solve them. For her no conversation needed. Same goes the other way too. When i get angry with her. She just goes over to her mothers crying and next day calls me like nothing had happened. Like she had forgotten everything about the problem.

Mai pen rai, let's repeat the mistakes of history???? :o

How about " all of the above "

and on the same day . When I get the silent treatment , I start to leave . Then I get a mouthful , so I laugh , then she hits me and storms out in a huff ( to the bedroom ) then after an hour she gets over it ...  Yeah , she's normal ...NOT .

Jeff you took the word out of my mouth, I was just going to write something very simular. When we first were living together we used to have some major argments, as we are both very wilful stuborn people. Pretty much all in the past now I'm happy to say

RC , Have you ever seen the self beating ? I've seen it twice . Hitting herself in the head because she's so mad . ( and always about nothing ) Funnest darn thing I ever saw ! Im saying " A RIGHT ...A LEFT.. ANOTHER LEFT ... SHES DOWN FOR THE COUNT ! :o

Stupid stuff like that does not bother me but when she starts crying , I cave in everytime . Maybe she will learn someday ....but what fun would that be ?

and on the same day . When I get the silent treatment , I start to leave . Then I get a mouthful , so I laugh , then she hits me and storms out in a huff ( to the bedroom ) then after an hour she gets over it ...  Yeah , she's normal ...NOT .

Jeff you took the word out of my mouth, I was just going to write something very simular. When we first were living together we used to have some major argments, as we are both very wilful stuborn people. Pretty much all in the past now I'm happy to say

RC , Have you ever seen the self beating ? I've seen it twice . Hitting herself in the head because she's so mad . ( and always about nothing ) Funnest darn thing I ever saw ! Im saying " A RIGHT ...A LEFT.. ANOTHER LEFT ... SHES DOWN FOR THE COUNT ! :o

Stupid stuff like that does not bother me but when she starts crying , I cave in everytime . Maybe she will learn someday ....but what fun would that be ?

Jeff, seen the self hitting, the throwing things, the trying to burn the house down.....It used to start with her ignoring me, then I'd ignore her, so she would ignore me more, and things just used to keep escalating. As I said I'm a really stuborn b***erd sometimes and as all the ignoring ect is basicaly just to get attention I just used to let her get on with it. She got so mad once she was going to burn the house down so I started stacking bits of wood and paper around to help her :D

As we are both so stuborn it was enevitable we would have these sort of fights initialy. Fortunatly an other thing we have in common is that we dont hold onto these things, if I remember correctly about 10 min after the house burning thing we we're laughing about it, dont think we have had a major argument for about the last 3 years now.

RC

Mine gives me the silent treatment then "yak yak's" me in her village language, sort of Issan. Drives me round the bend. I'm not that brilliant at Thai so why she has to nag me in Issan so that i definately don't understand what she is saying, i do not know.  :D  I have a mate who has an Italian wife and she nags him in Italian cos she knows he can't understand also. I tell you, they're barking mad but you gotta love em haven't you  :o

Mr BoJ

Here a phrase to use with your wife อย่าจู้จี้ - ya joo jee - don't nag!

Scouse.

Jeff, seen the self hitting, the throwing things, the trying to burn the house down.....It used to start with her ignoring me, then I'd ignore her, so she would ignore me more, and things just used to keep escalating. As I said I'm a really stuborn b***erd sometimes and as all the ignoring ect is basicaly just to get attention I just used to let her get on with it. She got so mad once she was going to burn the house down so I started stacking bits of wood and paper around to help her :D

As we are both so stuborn it was enevitable we would have these sort of fights initialy. Fortunatly an other thing we have in common is that we dont hold onto these things, if I remember correctly about 10 min after the house burning thing we we're laughing about it, dont think we have had a major argument for about the last 3 years now.

RC

Same , same . Except wanting to burn the house down bit . Yes we are both stuborn too , no matter how wrong she is , she has to be right . I can fix that , easy with a shopping spree or bit of gold :D

Thai women NEVER forget

Isn't that the truth... When she's "having a go" all the other things that I have "done wrong" (mostly drinking related) comes out too ... even after it has been "forgotton" ! :o

totster :D

It is always my fault though, well so far it has been. (Ive said the wrong thing, or forgot about the thais do's and donts) Or jokingly told her she was only worth 20baht for the dowry, my fault but i was only joking!!!! .shes worth 40 baht! :o

It is always my fault though, well so far it has been. (Ive said the wrong thing, or forgot about the thais do's and donts) Or jokingly told her she was only worth 20baht for the dowry, my fault but i was only joking!!!! .shes worth 40 baht! :D

Just accept the fact that everything will be your fault...EVERYTHING...then life will get easier... ! :D

"but i was only joking!!!! .shes worth 40 baht!"... did you use that line with her ..? :o ... if you did , I bet that made everything better... :D

It is always my fault though, well so far it has been. (Ive said the wrong thing, or forgot about the thais do's and donts) Or jokingly told her she was only worth 20baht for the dowry, my fault but i was only joking!!!! .shes worth 40 baht! :D

Just accept the fact that everything will be your fault...EVERYTHING...then life will get easier... ! :D

"but i was only joking!!!! .shes worth 40 baht!"... did you use that line with her ..? :D ... if you did , I bet that made everything better... :D

Totally agree Totster, as long as EVERYTHING is my fault....all is well in our house. :o

Mine gives me the silent treatment then "yak yak's" me in her village language, sort of Issan. Drives me round the bend. I'm not that brilliant at Thai so why she has to nag me in Issan so that i definately don't understand what she is saying, i do not know.  :D  I have a mate who has an Italian wife and she nags him in Italian cos she knows he can't understand also. I tell you, they're barking mad but you gotta love em haven't you  :o

Mr BoJ

Here a phrase to use with your wife อย่าจู้จี้ - ya joo jee - don't nag!

Scouse.

Cheers Scouse,

She'll be most upset if she thinks i'm gonna start learning Issan as well :D

Neeranam, what does "Ya bon" mean? Gotta be careful, don't want to get another kicking

:D

Does any of your Wives bite you or try to hurt you, "cos they love you too much". Mine does it if i'm leaving her to come back to UK for a while. It hurts and does my <deleted> head in :D

Mr BoJ

I always get the silent treatment. Sometimes..a few hours...sometimes days. .Still trying to teach the old lady better to sit down and talk out issues with little success.

For those that have girls who like to throw things and get nasty, put your foot down. A Thai man would not put up with it , that's why second wifes are so popular :o

She wont speak to me for about an hour.

Suppose i'll get used to it! :D

Wow thats great. I reckon you should start an arguement just before the big football games on so she keeps quiet and doesnt interupt. :D

You also need to stir the pot during half time just to make sure it lasts until any extra time is finished. :o

My wife goes mad... speaks at 5000 words per minute... I get a bit scared.. then everything is forgotton...sort of...  :D

totster  :D

Bingo ! Same here , must be a trait of Kalasin chicks eh ?

ps mine will occasionally break the odd piece of crockery , at this point I flee the scene... :o

the 'Silent Treatment'...yahs, yahs...when in Thailand publicly supplicate, bended knees, crawling on the floor and etc. Soon someone will approach the wife to politely request that she treat her husband better so as to prevent an embarrasing public display...

works everytime...