Youbc Satelite Tv

thescot

Please check your YOUBC bill.

We are platinum package subscribers and already pay almost 2500bht per month. Our new bill has a new 490bht extra this month. We just called the call centre and they explained that ''they thought we would like the extra package'' not sure they can do this without asking but they have now promised to deduct the 490bht from the next bill as the missus already paid the new one before se noticed the add-on.

Being a platinum subdcriber - yes i would like the golf channel and yes i would have liked the world cup with English commentary but i realise this is Thailand and that in the UK you would not get Thai commentary. It's already expensive for not so good quality and if there was a better alternative i would tell them where they poke it.

Check your bill !!

My rumble for today

Edited by thescot

Got my UBC/TrueVisions Platinum monthly bill a few days ago...same price...no added on charge. But I sure look close come next month's bill. I know sometimes (couple times a year) TrueVisions calls trying to sell add on packages/additional channels and they can make it sound almost free...did anyone in your home get any such calls recently and maybe said, "OK, sign us up." If not, it was probably just a TrueVisions billing mistake.

I, too, have the Platinum Package, with some "a la carte" channels (extra movie channels, and ASN for American sports). I get my bill near the end of the month, due and payable around mid-month. I have paid the one I received last month, which was the usual price.

Thanks for the heads up. I''ll immediately check the next one I receive.

As for them not asking before adding new charges, it would certainly be illegal in the USA. But ... you know .... ;-)

Here in the U.S. we can get Free to Air TV , which includes about 5 TV station and many other countries, mostly Arabic, or middle eastern. Would anyone know if a FTA system would work in Thailand?

Here in the U.S. we can get Free to Air TV , which includes about 5 TV station and many other countries, mostly Arabic, or middle eastern. Would anyone know if a FTA system would work in Thailand?

Sure, just install a C band dish system and point it towards the Thaicom 5 satellite (and maybe hang an extra KU LNB onto the C band dish to pick up the NSS6 satellite KU channels, etc). You'll get close to 200 FTA channels with this C/KU setup. I've got a setup like this.

Not really sure about this one, although Thailand definately needs another cable operator so that TrueViissions does not enjoy a monopoly and get away with pretty poor service.

Ubc's always been a rip off we bought the system when i lived in patters when it rained it always went off, and as we had bought it we couldnt do anything in the end i just cancelled it as it was acomplete waste of time IMO.