Big Blue Water Filter Monster

I just put in a well, so now I have both city and my own water sources to choose from. And I also now have two blue monster filters -- one specifically for the well water, which then goes thru the second one that historically has dealt with the city water.

But in talking with the well guy, I find I may not have known how to backflush these guys correctly. As I've got a lot of water pressure, do I:

Slowly open the valve that vents the backflushed water, eventually arriving at max opening? Or do I lay off max pressure, period?

Then, switching valve action to push filtered water thru the flush pipe, what's the correct procedure here? (This action must be required, I assume, because the water is pretty dirty immediately after switching from the backflush position, so I certainly wouldn't want the house valve opened until the filtered water runs clean.)

And what about cycling back and forth between backflush and filtered position several times? Good idea when filter elements recently put in? Never? All the time?

I've a filter in the house for final filtering of water I'll drink. Is there something about well water I should know? It looks and tastes fine -- but I'm non-skeptical about most things -- to a fault.

(Skin still looks ok too after a well water shower -- will it eventually fall off? :o)

I just put in a well, so now I have both city and my own water sources to choose from. And I also now have two blue monster filters -- one specifically for the well water, which then goes thru the second one that historically has dealt with the city water.

But in talking with the well guy, I find I may not have known how to backflush these guys correctly. As I've got a lot of water pressure, do I:

Slowly open the valve that vents the backflushed water, eventually arriving at max opening? Or do I lay off max pressure, period?

Then, switching valve action to push filtered water thru the flush pipe, what's the correct procedure here? (This action must be required, I assume, because the water is pretty dirty immediately after switching from the backflush position, so I certainly wouldn't want the house valve opened until the filtered water runs clean.)

And what about cycling back and forth between backflush and filtered position several times? Good idea when filter elements recently put in? Never? All the time?

I've a filter in the house for final filtering of water I'll drink. Is there something about well water I should know? It looks and tastes fine -- but I'm non-skeptical about most things -- to a fault.

(Skin still looks ok too after a well water shower -- will it eventually fall off?  :D)

For backwash you need full power to remove the dirt stuck in the sand.

After backwash there is always some dirt left beause the water was running in a reverse cycle trough the filter. Normally filters like this have also a rinse position enabling to remove remaining dirt from backwash. If you do not have this I suggest you cycle back and forth between backwash and filter position for 3 times.

Drinking well water is always a small risk even if it tastes good. Your filters are maybe only filled with silica sand (sea sand) which only removes sediments but not bacteria. In your house you have maybe a small carbon filter which just filters some bacterias, but you have to clean that small filter so much ??

Usually Manganese filters kill almost every bacteria.

I use a cement tank for the well water to settle, then I throw very little diluted Chlorine (chlorine water) in this tank. The sediments and excessive iron etc etc settle on the floor. My stainless steel filter has 33 % manganese on top, 33 % carbon in the middle and 33% Silica sand at the bottom.

Result: Cristal clear water for my commercial swimming pool and bungalows :o .

Tests showed no bacteria left but I would not drink it.

To produce drinking water you would have to add a UV-Ozone filter which is the standard here. I use one of these for my swimming pool because its 3000 times more efficient than chlorine.

PS: Have a look at these websites.

ext.nodak.edu/extpubs

lentech.com

aquatechnology.net

spadepot.com