Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

Well you can understand her concerns, you're not getting any younger. cool.png

While that may be true I will not let you rain on my parade, as I revel in the knowledge that on this particular occasion, she was wrong and I was right for once.biggrin.png

Never mind...with increasing age maturity may come....whistling.gif

Well you can understand her concerns, you're not getting any younger. cool.png

While that may be true I will not let you rain on my parade, as I revel in the knowledge that on this particular occasion, she was wrong and I was right for once.biggrin.png

Never mind...with increasing age maturity may come....whistling.gif

Heaven forbid, I never want to grow up.shock1.gif

Only 23 more sleeps until we depart for Thailand. smile.png

This is a very good thing.

Only 2 nights in Bangkok and me thinks this may be a good thing also.

I do hope things calm down there soon.

Hanging out at the Suvarnabhumi Novotel pool should be pretty safe and relaxing before heading home to Chiang Rai.

Yup........It's all good! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I sometimes think anticipation plays a major role in getting people hooked on Thailand. We are so accustomed to instant gratification in today’s world, that being forced to wait for something, dreaming about it and counting the days, helps to elevate almost anything to another level. Enjoy your countdown and relish it as a good thing.smile.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Political violence broke out in the village this week when after a week or so of a husband and wife loudly defending their differing choice of shirt colour the husband produced a hand gun and with four well placed shots killed the TV stone dead.

To add insult to injury the kamnan, who disapproves of random gunfire, came around with the police and fined the murderer 4000 baht.

The wife is currently watching the soapies at her sister's house.

Scea, will there be an autopsy?

• Like 1

Political violence broke out in the village this week when after a week or so of a husband and wife loudly defending their differing choice of shirt colour the husband produced a hand gun and with four well placed shots killed the TV stone dead.

To add insult to injury the kamnan, who disapproves of random gunfire, came around with the police and fined the murderer 4000 baht.

Much easier to shoot the wife....at least you can turn the TV off.

Less paperwork involved in killing the TV :)

Scea, will there be an autopsy?

Sounds like perfect material for a Thai Soapy

This morning has to go on the list as one of the best things in a while.smile.png It is absolutely gorgeous outside this morning and you can see forever.smile.png

Great.....I look forward to the photos.

Edited by harrry

This morning has to go on the list as one of the best things in a while.smile.png It is absolutely gorgeous outside this morning and you can see forever.smile.png

You will most likely be spared the photos this time as I have loads of errands to run in town today. It is once again time to get things sorted for the annual visa renewal, and there are a few other things on the list. If this weather holds through tomorrow, I will no doubt be out on the mountain bike snapping away, however.thumbsup.gif

You will most likely be spared the photos this time as I have loads of errands to run in town today. It is once again time to get things sorted for the annual visa renewal, and there are a few other things on the list. If this weather holds through tomorrow, I will no doubt be out on the mountain bike snapping away, however.thumbsup.gif

Well sadly you had better bring your umberella if you come to town. Clouds are gathering here.

Well sadly you had better bring your umberella if you come to town. Clouds are gathering here.

Say it isn't so.xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

I am getting quite used to these beautiful cool days we are having. They say they may last through the end of the year. That would be a very good thing.smile.png

I recently read a blog by Christopher G Moore where he discusses what he considers to be the collapse of the system of kreng jai and it's relationship to the current political turmoil.

Many won't agree with his opinions but it's interesting reading.

http://www.cgmoore.com/blog/view.asp?id=751

A good thing to read...but maybe a little simplistic.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally breaking through the 4000 “likes” barrier before having to say goodbye to 2013, is a good thing in my book.

Also, having another of my photos included in the Thai Visa Calendar for 2014 is a good thing.

Having one last mt bike ride to close out 2013 was a good thing today, with perfect riding conditions.