Salon Products

Yunnie

Hi I'm looking for a place that sells professional grade hair products.

- hair bleach

- toner

- developer

- dye: in bright colors like Pink, blue, purple and such. (in little bottle not the all in 1 box kind at carrefour :P)

Also would prefer Wella or L'Oreal brand. If someone can point in the right direction that would be wonderful.

Hi there is a professional hair salon supplier at Tanin Market, type this in Google Maps 18°48'15"N 98°59'3"E

It is on the south side of the market on the left hand side of road.

It sells all wholesale products to hair salons in big bottles....basically, everything a hair salon would use.

I don't think you're going to find this kind of stuff in the cosmetics section of a fancy department store like Robinson's or Central.

The place mentioned earlier at Tanin Market is good and there's a similar place in the Wararot market area. It's called Win.

If you're coming from the river, proceed west down Chang Moi. On your left you'll see the market that has all the fresh fruit out front. Pass that market and continue past the second market on the left which is more enclosed. Then you'll come to a street on your left, with a name that I can't find on the big map. Turn left on that street and proceed south, looking on the right, or west side of the street. Win is actually two shops that aren't adjacent. There's another unrelated shop in between them.

The first Win shop you see (the one to the north) is the one with all the professional salon supplies with every possible hair coloring product. The other one to the south specializes in consumer beauty and grooming products and is also great fun to visit. For some reason that shop always seems to have big tables of Thai bras displayed on the sidewalk but they don't sell ladies underwear inside. It's always packed with everything from Thai uni girls to hilltribe women spending their earnings from the previous evening of selling wooden frogs. Fortunately, the professional products shops isn't as busy and sometimes you can find a shopgirl with a rudamentary knoweldge of English. But, just in case, bring examples or pictures of what you want, or look up the appropriate Thai words before you go. These two Win shops are on the same side of the street as an ornate Chinese temple, but I can't remember if they're north or south of the temple.