Who'S More Annoying:

Tywais

Just a bit of humor so don't take it seriously. ;)

"Nothing seems to get people more worked up these days than Android versus iPhone."

Examples:

Android camp:

zizzybaloobah: "You can waste your time wishing for a phone w/these features, or get an Android phone that already has them."

Apple camp:

bonesbautista: "Typical response from Android fanboys. Too much kludge with stock Android, too many complaints of poor RF with most of the HTC smart phones. The new iOS is missing a Today screen and better notifications. Android? Meh."

-----------------------------

Android smartphone owner (as viewed by an iPhone fanboy):

* Resembles Dr. Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory

* Installed Linux on the PS3

* Fashionably nerdy

* Becomes aroused when seeing a DOS command field

* Views the phone as a purely utilitarian device

* Chooses his phone based on carrier

iPhone owner (as viewed by an Android fanboy):

* Resembles Ross from Friends

* Superficial, insecure douchebag with metrosexual tendencies

* Drives a BMW or Prius

* Enters a hypnotic state when seeing the Great Steve

* Favorite phrase: "You still there? Hello?"

* Doesn't actually know how to work a real phone

Source: Cnet

Iphone owners is the most annoying (i have one) many will never admit if something is wrong, just look around in some of the tread here. <_<

That's because there is nothing wrong with the iPhone ;)

Well OK let's say there's nothing wrong with the 3GS. Best phone I ever had bar none.

Maybe that hubris comes from the consumer satisfaction ratings - iPhone is top with some ridiculous number like 95%. Something usually only seen in rigged polls in communist countries. People love their iphones.

That said, I don't think I would get one if my only option was to get one locked to AT&T. I'd pass.

I think it's good there's competition with Android, because, well, competition is good. But the problem is that the iPhone is so good I won't even bother to take the time to look at anything else. I am off the market for other phones. I glance at them every now and then, see nothing I want, and turn away. They're boring, and years behind. If I had a home screen with the weather and that ugly clock, I'd turn it off first thing.

Android has the most potential, for sure - and I wish them luck. Should Apple piss me off with some new iPhone, or lose their way and start sucking, and Android get improved at the same time, you'll see me in the Android camp in no time. I am not attached to brand names. I am attached to incredible quality, and to a love for detail in design. Quality with a capital Q.

I have never seen an Android fanboy. iPhone fanboys - well you may call me one if you define fanboy as someone who is genuinely excited about their phone. I am also a Mercedes fanboy, as well as a Porsche fanboy. BMW too. A product design fanboy - Apple's hard to beat in this regard.

The only concrete example you gave was 'If I had a home screen with the weather and that ugly clock, I'd turn it off first thing'. See, the beauty of Android is you can do this without hacking the phone in any way. It is MADE to change your homescreen. The phone even comes with a bunch of alternative widgets you can put on your homescreen - or if you choose to you can leave it empty. Choice, you see?

What exactly does 'android' mean?

"Definition of: Android

An open platform for smartphones from the Open Handset Alliance (www.openhandsetalliance.com). Based on Linux and Java, Android owners download and install applications via the Android Market online store (see Android Market). Android uses a touch screen and includes multitasking, which enables apps to run in the background so that users can be notified of incoming messages and other events. Due to its backing by Google and adoption by Verizon, Android is expected to be widely used."

Source: PCMag

More Details

The only concrete example you gave was 'If I had a home screen with the weather and that ugly clock, I'd turn it off first thing'. See, the beauty of Android is you can do this without hacking the phone in any way. It is MADE to change your homescreen. The phone even comes with a bunch of alternative widgets you can put on your homescreen - or if you choose to you can leave it empty. Choice, you see?

Yeah. I know it's customizable. That's why I said I'd turn it off first thing.

Are you an Android fanboy? ;)

I would define the term fanboy as "A person who is completely loyal to a company or product regardless of whether they suck or not.". As such I wouldn't call myself a Android fanboy. As it was said somewhere else, put an Iphone sticker on a brick and an Apple fanboy would go out and buy it anyway. I prefer the Android platform after having compared all the pro and cons of the two platforms, not just because it was made by a certain company (which it isn't as it's an open platform, unlike the Iphone).

I would define the term fanboy as "A person who is completely loyal to a company or product regardless of whether they suck or not.". As such I wouldn't call myself a Android fanboy. As it was said somewhere else, put an Iphone sticker on a brick and an Apple fanboy would go out and buy it anyway. I prefer the Android platform after having compared all the pro and cons of the two platforms, not just because it was made by a certain company (which it isn't as it's an open platform, unlike the Iphone).

By that definition, there are no Apple fanboys.

Maybe we're getting somewhere here - those fictional Apple fanboys that Apple haters like to see - they don't exist. Except in the Apple hater's minds.

In the real world, if Apple produces a bad product, no-one buys it. Just check out the 20 year anniversary Mac. Nobody bought that. It was ugly, pointless, and expensive. Or the Newton - it had many cool things about it, but at the end of the day, it didn't work. I was an intern at Apple when they made the Newton, and I didn't get one, nor did I ever see myself wanting one.

Now you may think an iPhone is bad. 40 Million people disagree - they think it's great. And that's fine - everyone's entitled to their opinion, and everyone has different preferences. It doesn't work for you - but it works for others. That's why they buy it.

BTW Android is open source, but owned and made by Google, which is "a certain company". I find it surprising Android fanboys don't see that, or if they do they close both eyes to the fact that Google's interest is to make money by mining their personal data. Maybe they don't do it now, or do it only a little bit. But at the end of the day, a company has to make money, and Google makes its money by analyzing user data and selling targeted advertising. That's their business. If they hand you a "free" phone, or OS - guess how they get their investment back. That's their business model, so one way or another that's what's going to happen.

Now you may think an iPhone is bad.

I haven't heard anyone say the iPhone is 'bad'. It's a great phone and Apple has done wonders kicking phone manufacturers up the rear end and forced them to take giant strides forward. Its just the closed world it lives in that some people hate, along with the entrenched arrogance of the company, eg. the antenna debacle. Imagine telling your customers that "you're holding it wrong" - and getting away with it!!!

Attempts to write Android off are denying the reality that it is an excellent system, the most rapidly evolving and is quite likely going to be the dominant OS in the not so distant future.

I do think there are apple fan boys out there - I was somewhat startled to discover that they exist when I encountered someone in the Apple forum who thought its purpose was to worship Apple products, not discuss them!

Now you may think an iPhone is bad.

I haven't heard anyone say the iPhone is 'bad'. It's a great phone and Apple has done wonders kicking phone manufacturers up the rear end and forced them to take giant strides forward. Its just the closed world it lives in that some people hate, along with the entrenched arrogance of the company, eg. the antenna debacle. Imagine telling your customers that "you're holding it wrong" - and getting away with it!!!

Jobs said this initially: "Just avoid holding it that way." That was a response to a guy who said "if I hold it in this way, it loses signal".

He didn't say "you're holding it wrong" - that's just what the press made out of it. Much more fun, of course.

They admittedly screwed up with the antenna - although you need to keep it in perspective a bit. 1% more dropped calls is not good, but it's not the end of the world, either. A $30 bumper (now free) or a $5 3rd party case fixes the problem. My reasoning was: If the iPhone 4 needs a bumper, then that adds a small bit to the cost (now not anymore) and makes it a little less attractive. Do I still want it or would I rather stick with my 3GS. Answer: Still want it.

As for the closed-ness - yes, it's a bit of a shame. I wish they were more open and less control-freaky. Some of the stuff they do do actually make sense though. Here's on Apple's location services - http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Web-Services-Web-20-and-SOA/Apple-Tells-Congressmen-it-Batches-Encrypts-Location-Data-411968/

The thing Apple really doesn't get any credit for is that they protect their user's privacy. They do it with their APIs - the location consent dialog is part of the Apple API and it pops up before any random app can use the data, and it's not under control of the 3rd party app. So that means that both by policy and technology, Apple enforces very strict privacy practices. It's the same thing with draining battery, or draining data - can't do it if you stick to the APIs, and you won't be allowed in the App store if you don't.

You and me might not need nannying like that - though I find it nice to know that I can download stuff from the app store without thinking about it, or researching it on Google. Is it bad? Will it leak data? Will it destroy battery life? Will it use my data? All not questions I have to concern myself with. But I could. I know that if my mom had an iPhone, I'd like very strict policies like this in place. Otherwise you get spam apps that do things you never wanted...